Page 724 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2246246747147207217227237247257267277287347748241224 ... LastLast
Results 10,846 to 10,860 of 19298
    Ultimate Member

Hopefully. Shayna's booking has really hurt the NXT Women's Division, especially in her second reign. And the last thing that the MR needs is another "Brock character."

As for Io and Kairi, neither of them as of yet have really been allowed to truly show off what they can do due to booking (the Candice match was really the first time that Io even got close in NXT).

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Hopefully. Shayna's booking has really hurt the NXT Women's Division, especially in her second reign. And the last thing that the MR needs is another "Brock character."

As for Io and Kairi, neither of them as of yet have really been allowed to truly show off what they can do due to booking (the Candice match was really the first time that Io even got close in NXT).
    At least Shayna wasn't QUITE as bad as Asuka in NXT. Kairi was able to get a few wins against Baszler, even though she lost in the end. But yeah... when you have one dominant female it does potentially hold down the rest of the division. The monster push works... but it has it's downsides.

Ultimate Member

I'd argue Shayna is worse than Asuka actually:

-Asuka has FAR more charisma than Shayna ever will. Shayna may play her role well, but it's a very one-note role and it's gotten stale. Heck even Io has already surpassed her as a heel imo.

-Asuka's matches were more entertaining and more varied. Even by WWE standards, Shayna's feuds/matches a incredibly repetitive/predictable. You can almost predict step by step beforehand how her matches will go because they rarely deviate from the formula.

-Asuka made many of her opponents look good even in defeat, whereas no one has come out of a feud with Shayna looking better.

-Etc.

Also it was just a bad idea to have another "super-reign" so soon after Asuka to begin with, the division has felt creatively stagnant for a long time now.

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-24-2019 at 02:27 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Shanya wrestles the same damn match every time. Asuka never had the same match with every woman she wrestled. That makes Shanya boring to me. I started skipping her matches.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i tend to agree but i did enjoy the ending of her match with mia.

Ultimate Member

That entire feud was poorly done.

Really Io vs. Candice should be the title feud at this point.

Extraordinary Member

Asuka had more moves but id say Shayna's matches are less predictable. After a while we knew Asuka was going to win with Shayna it could go either way. That does make it more exciting. Her match with Mia was pretty good with the outcome always in question.

I'd argue Shayna is worse than Asuka actually:

-Asuka has FAR more charisma than Shayna ever will. Shayna may play her role well, but it's a very one-note role and it's gotten stale. Heck even Io has already surpassed her as a heel imo.

-Asuka's matches were more entertaining and more varied. Even by WWE standards, Shayna's feuds/matches a incredibly repetitive/predictable. You can almost predict step by step beforehand how her matches will go because they rarely deviate from the formula.

-Asuka made many of her opponents look good even in defeat, whereas no one has come out of a feud with Shayna looking better.

-Etc.

Also it was just a bad idea to have another "super-reign" so soon after Asuka to begin with, the division has felt creatively stagnant for a long time now.
    I actually thought Io and Mia both looked pretty good against Shayna in losing efforts. Io losing the Cage match was arguably looked somewhat of a fluke. And Shayna's wins often involved a degree of outside interference, which protects the faces a bit in loss. Plus, Shayna actually lost clean to Kairi... which is something Asuka never did for any opponent in NXT. So to me at least there was a much stronger effort to make Kairi come off as a credible top female performer in NXT while Shayna was there than there was any female performer during Asuka's reign.

As for charisma... it's an arguable point. I think Asuka is more colorful and innately likable. But I think Shayna has a bad @$$ presence about her, moreso than any other woman in the company, including Ronda. I think she comes off as the most believable looking bad @$$ woman in the company. Without having to say or do anything, I think she can convince most people in the audience that she can tear apart the other woman in the ring with her.

But certainly Asuka is better in the ring. Shayna is still green.
    Last edited by XPac; 08-24-2019 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Asuka had more moves but id say Shayna's matches are less predictable. After a while we knew Asuka was going to win with Shayna it could go either way. That does make it more exciting. Her match with Mia was pretty good with the outcome always in question.
    And that's the problem with having the win streak gimmick. You sort of know the outcome of every match 90% of the time. Shayna is dominant, but still beatable. The only time I ever felt Asuka was in any real danger of losing was in the multiple person match where someone else might bet pinned. But with Shayna, it's always possible her opponent can overcome the odds and that helps with the drama of the match.

Wins streaks are a good way to getting someone over, but they have their downsides.

Also, even though I would agree that Asuka is a better worker than Shayna, I can't say her matches were that much better than most of Shayna's recent ones at least. The only NXT match Asuka had which I can recall thinking was REALLY good was the one with Nikki Cross. Shayna's matches against Io and Mia I thought were just as good or better than anything I recall Asuka doing in NXT (maybe I'm forgetting some stuff... it's been awhile). Neither one had WWE 4 Horsewoman level matches to my recollection. Course, Shayna probably had better workers to work with during her NXT run.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    And that's the problem with having the win streak gimmick. You sort of know the outcome of every match 90% of the time. Shayna is dominant, but still beatable. The only time I ever felt Asuka was in any real danger of losing was in the multiple person match where someone else might bet pinned. But with Shayna, it's always possible her opponent can overcome the odds and that helps with the drama of the match.

Wins streaks are a good way to getting someone over, but they have their downsides.

Also, even though I would agree that Asuka is a better worker than Shayna, I can't say her matches were that much better than most of Shayna's recent ones at least. The only NXT match Asuka had which I can recall thinking was REALLY good was the one with Nikki Cross. Shayna's matches against Io and Mia I thought were just as good or better than anything I recall Asuka doing in NXT (maybe I'm forgetting some stuff... it's been awhile). Neither one had WWE 4 Horsewoman level matches to my recollection. Course, Shayna probably had better workers to work with during her NXT run.
    They both had some pretty good matches with Ember Moon (who Asuka never beat clean). But yeah the win streak for Asuka was kinda oversold only to lose to Carmella which was just a wtf moment. But yeah being beatable is more interesting at the end of the day especially for a character like Shayna who seems tougher than most of her opponents.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    profound sadness.

the mox just announced on twitter that the staph infection has returned in his elbow. so his match against kenny is off.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I disagree, I never bought that Mia was winning and it still ended up being pretty much the same kind of Shayna match that we always get. It's the same formula pretty much every time, you can see it coming ten miles away. And there's little tension because you know Triple H will always contrive a way for her to win in the end. Also her few losses were played off as flukes that she brushed off.

X-Pac I'd argue Io looked like a careless moron in both of those matches. And the constant outside interference doesn't help because it gets so tedious, also it makes the faces look worse because they can never counter it despite having to know that it's coming. Also even when other faced do try and help, Shayna STILL ends up winning anyway, which makes ALL of them look ineffectual.

It gets tiresome to see all of your babyfaces look like hapless losers for going on two years now. Also the Mia match wasn't particularly well-received and very few bought her as a real threat. And despite cheating constantly, as a babyface, the heel still made her tap out completely clean after wrestling the entire match fairly, so Mia cannot even cheat effectively. No the match didn't help her at all in the end.

Asuka's matches were more varied and just more interesting to watch.

I disagree, I never bought that Mia was winning and it still ended up being pretty much the same kind of Shayna match that we always get. It's the same formula pretty much every time, you can see it coming ten miles away. And there's little tension because you know Triple H will always contrive a way for her to win in the end. Also her few losses were played off as flukes that she brushed off.

X-Pac I'd argue Io looked like a careless moron in both of those matches. And the constant outside interference doesn't help because it gets so tedious, also it makes the faces look worse because they can never counter it despite having to know that it's coming. Also even when other faced do try and help, Shayna STILL ends up winning anyway, which makes ALL of them look ineffectual.

It gets tiresome to see all of your babyfaces look like hapless losers for going on two years now. Also the Mia match wasn't particularly well-received and very few bought her as a real threat. And despite cheating constantly, as a babyface, the heel still made her tap out completely clean after wrestling the entire match fairly, so Mia cannot even cheat effectively. No the match didn't help her at all in the end.

Asuka's matches were more varied and just more interesting to watch.
    i disagree with this. the ending of the match was brilliant. mia worked the arm, which shayna sold throughout the match. when shayna went for the clutch, mia targeted that same arm and got out. then when she went for it again and mia tried to the same escape, shayna transitioned into a leg hold on her head, which mia had never seen and didn't have a way out of. it was definitely the most vulerable that shayna has looked in a long time.

and we open with my girl, botan!