Page 524 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 244244745145205215225235245255265275285345746241024 ... LastLast
Results 7,846 to 7,860 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    the IIconics are keeping those titles for a while because (reportedly) Vince likes them, they are "good company women" and do pretty much whatever the WWE has asked of them
    I sort of view them as the female equivalent of the Miz. They're not great workers per say... but they are entertaining and they are over. And I do think they appreciate just being there... that's always nice to see.

Plus, as arguably the only real womans tag team they probably should be the backbone of the division.

Intermediary

I can agree with that, I do think Peyton is the better in ring performer but what they do seems to work

I also enjoy them bothering Johnny Gargano when they can

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I sort of view them as the female equivalent of the Miz. They're not great workers per say... but they are entertaining and they are over. And I do think they appreciate just being there... that's always nice to see.

Plus, as arguably the only real womans tag team they probably should be the backbone of the division.
    I always thought putting the tag titles on them was basically the same as if The world title had been put on Barry Horowitz.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Eh, Alicia Fox and Dana Brooke getting the straps would be more comparable to Horowitz winning a world title, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers
    Eh, Alicia Fox and Dana Brooke getting the straps would be more comparable to Horowitz winning a world title, lol.
    Apt comparison! Speaking of Brooke she's reportedly being considered to be Naomi's partner.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

Sure, which is why the rematch wasn't automatic. She won a match for it.
    hmm, maybe she shouldn't have won then. or you know if they hadn't killed asuka to put the title on her in the 1st place.

But the booking logic still stands. New champ beats old champ, then movies on. Its' done more of the new champ than anything else, to show it's not a fluke win or anything like that. Since Charlotte wasn't pinned or submitted when she lost the belt, it probably makes even more sense.
    she didn't have to be pinned or submitted to lose that match, that's just how triple threat matches work.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    hmm, maybe she shouldn't have won then. or you know if they hadn't killed asuka to put the title on her in the 1st place.

she didn't have to be pinned or submitted to lose that match, that's just how triple threat matches work.
    Sure. I'm just saying it doesn't hurt the new champ to pin or submit a previous champ that they won the title off of without doing that, because the previous champ will try and hold it over them. New champ beats them, previous champ can't hold it over them, and then New chamo moves on. Its not necessary booking wise, but theres a logic too it.

Sure. I'm just saying it doesn't hurt the new champ to pin or submit a previous champ that they won the title off of without doing that, because the previous champ will try and hold it over them. New champ beats them, previous champ can't hold it over them, and then New chamo moves on. Its not necessary booking wise, but theres a logic too it.
    i actually agree, but a few things to consider 1)not hurting the champ is NOT an accomplishment 2)just because it makes sense doesn't mean it's actually good(in general of for the champ/title) 3)they booked themselves into this corner.

the iconics make me laugh so i like them but bad choice for champs when the titles aren't really established. might be able to buy into the whole "a real team can win even if their opponents are better singles competitors" but WWE have beaten us over the head with the opposite message too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i actually agree, but a few things to consider 1)not hurting the champ is NOT an accomplishment 2)just because it makes sense doesn't mean it's actually good(in general of for the champ/title) 3)they booked themselves into this corner.

the iconics make me laugh so i like them but bad choice for champs when the titles aren't really established. might be able to buy into the whole "a real team can win even if their opponents are better singles competitors" but WWE have beaten us over the head with the opposite message too many times.
    Depends how you define good I guess. As far as the match goes, it'll probably be as good or better than any other person you could put Becky in there with.

And as far as being good for Becky and the title, I think actually pinning or getting Charlotte to submit when she didn't do that at WM is probably better for Becky than not doing it. I won't go so far as to say it's necessary, but it caps that whole thing off in a more conclusive manner.

Intermediary

I'll be at a Northeast Wrestling show tomorrow

Here's some of the card

SCU (Kaz and CD) vs the Lucha Bros

JT Dunn vs Scorpio Sky

King Brian Anthony vs David Arquette

Wrecking Ball Legursky & Bully Ray vs The Trust Fund

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    I'll be at a Northeast Wrestling show tomorrow

Here's some of the card

SCU (Kaz and CD) vs the Lucha Bros

JT Dunn vs Scorpio Sky

King Brian Anthony vs David Arquette

Wrecking Ball Legursky & Bully Ray vs The Trust Fund
    I trust it will be a fun show
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

WWE is reportedly not granting Harper his release.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    Put him on the funhouse with Bray

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    Not just that, they're extending his contract by saying that his time injured didn't count

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Not just that, they're extending his contract by saying that his time injured didn't count
    With the injury time that means Harper is under contract until next WrestleMania. Such a dick move.