Page 868 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 368768818858864865866867868869870871872878918968 ... LastLast
Results 13,006 to 13,020 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    AEW needs Jericho as champion. He's the biggest star in the company, and right now they need that.

Cody frankly doesn't need the belt. He's obviously in a position where he'll get as much spotlight as he wants and needs. He doens't and never will need to worry about wins, losses or credibility. Not that he wouldn't make a great champion, but no one right now would make a better one than Jericho.
    Cody will need the belt. The man is the company's top face. It's like saying that John Cena doesn't need the belt.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

shawn knocks off joey.

very good match. nice cheating from tully and shawn.

and i'm really starting to like joey.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Cody will need the belt. The man is the company's top face. It's like saying that John Cena doesn't need the belt.
    The difference is that COdy was already arguably the top face even without the belt. Cena worked his way up to that top spot, but Cody is arguably there day one even without the belt.

Not saying he shouldn't be champ or he won't be... but he doesn't need it. It wouldn't really elevate him beyond where he essentially is right now.

up next, the triple threat for the tag belts.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The difference is that COdy was already arguably the top face even without the belt. Cena worked his way up to that top spot, but Cody is arguably there day one even without the belt.

Not saying he shouldn't be champ or he won't be... but he doesn't need it. It wouldn't really elevate him beyond where he essentially is right now.
    It makes no sense for your top face to not have the belt or at least chase it. Cody wasn't there day one. That was Kenny and he was the guy the fans pegged for being the face of the company.

SCU retain in their first defense.

goddamn insane match.

up next, riho vs. emi. student vs. teacher.

Astonishing Member

This has been crazy good so far. I haven't seen a wrestling show this energized in a long time.

riho retains.

probably my favorite AEW women's match.

up next, the main event.

cody vs. jericho for the big belt. if cody loses, he won't ever challenge for the belt again.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

With them just launching a heel stable and making it the vocal point of the company to start off , you have to build to a big title change . Also I think while Cody for now is a top face , the company is likely building Moxley for that role. The guy who doesn't give a damn about anything and is crazy. He seems to be possibly the guy who they could see as a World Champion 1st for them.

I do think AEW needs a mid-card title to give Page , Guevara and others to feud and build over. So hopefully we see that happen eventually. Make it a TV Championship and give it to someone you wanna build very long term for.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

It makes no sense for your top face to not have the belt or at least chase it. Cody wasn't there day one. That was Kenny and he was the guy the fans pegged for being the face of the company.
    I'm not saying he won't have the belt... again, I'm just saying he doesn't need it. If he gets it fine... he absolutely deserves it and would make a good champion. But he can go his entire AEW career without ever having the belt, and it won't hurt him one bit because he's likely as big and as over as he's ever going to get since he's already the top face.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I'm not saying he won't have the belt... again, I'm just saying he doesn't need it. If he gets it fine... he absolutely deserves it and would make a good champion. But he can go his entire AEW career without ever having the belt, and it won't hurt him one bit because he's likely as big and as over as he's ever going to get since he's already the top face.
    Honestly I think him , Kenny and Bucks have a big issue if they ever get the belts. People will look at it as nepotism. Its what has hurt HHH in a lot of ways. People always point out that he wouldn't have been on top for years on end as top heel if not for Stephanie and his marriage. Cody nay sense that and its why he put stipulation in. That way he can not have a reason to get the title for a long time (if ever).

I do give props to all of them for not putting the belts on themselves to start . They are letting the talent they assembled do the job.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

cody's gonna need a few stitches.

MJF throws in the towel for cody. jericho retains.

very very good old school wrestling match.