Page 922 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 4228228729129189199209219229239249259269329721022 ... LastLast
Results 13,816 to 13,830 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    AEW was just bad this week. Sakura and Swole should have been a five minute match. After all the buzz of Hager debut, it has all petered out. He is just a replaceable big dude. That's disappointing. Brandi Rhodes is must see the but not must listen to tv.

The Dark Order vignettes are nice, but its pearls on a pig.

The Page/Omega match was just disjointed. The only person that shined in that match was Penelope Ford.

Janela was cringe. Tully gave a boring promo. I guess Spears is a face now? Gimmick ropes.... Really?!!!!

The only joy I am going to get from this show is Cornette ripping it on his podcast.
    That is one upside to any bad AEW shows we get (and that's not to say that they're all bad... they can be a lot of fun too). But when we do get stinkers, at least we know you're in for a fairly entertaining podcast from Cornette. So the glass is always at least half full.

AEW was just bad this week. Sakura and Swole should have been a five minute match. After all the buzz of Hager debut, it has all petered out. He is just a replaceable big dude. That's disappointing. Brandi Rhodes is must see the but not must listen to tv.

The Dark Order vignettes are nice, but its pearls on a pig.

The Page/Omega match was just disjointed. The only person that shined in that match was Penelope Ford.

Janela was cringe. Tully gave a boring promo. I guess Spears is a face now? Gimmick ropes.... Really?!!!!

The only joy I am going to get from this show is Cornette ripping it on his podcast.
    Your assessments of AEW tv and talent make a lot more sense knowing you listen to cornys podcast. That wasn’t a bad show especially for those who complained of not enough story, even the squash match was story driven this week. Cody & qt. S butcher & blade was good and led to the thing with Darby. Luchasaurus vs Sammy was solid and built to jungle boy vs Jericho. Omega/hangman vs Spears/Sabian was okay but did a great job of planting seeds for whatever they got for hangman, and Penelope got to show a little of what she can do. Main event was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    Your assessments of AEW tv and talent make a lot more sense knowing you listen to cornys podcast. That wasn’t a bad show especially for those who complained of not enough story, even the squash match was story driven this week. Cody & qt. S butcher & blade was good and led to the thing with Darby. Luchasaurus vs Sammy was solid and built to jungle boy vs Jericho. Omega/hangman vs Spears/Sabian was okay but did a great job of planting seeds for whatever they got for hangman, and Penelope got to show a little of what she can do. Main event was awesome.
    I think a lot of their storytelling is passable enough, but not particularly compelling (IMO of course). Butcher and Blade attack Cody last least so they can have a tag match with Cody this week. Jericho attacks Jungle Boy this week so he can have a match with Jungle Boy next week. It's functional enough and gets the job done as far as setting up matches... but it only does a so-so job of getting fans more emotionally invested in the wrestlers and the angle.

Though I do think there are some larger story angles which are being done very well. Cody and MJF is hitting all the right notes. And Jericho and Moxley I think already has the audience in the palm of their hands. It's by no means a terrible show .... but it's uneven. The guys who I already care about are for the most part being used well. The guys I don't care about are just kinda there, and I still don't care about.
    Last edited by XPac; 12-13-2019 at 05:25 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    I listen to Cornette not because I agree him, but because he agrees with me

I didn't get a chance to watch the main event because honestly I was just drained watching this show. Unlike Cornette I usually enjoy Young Bucks matches.

Now talking about show I actually enjoyed.

NXT was fantastic. Garza and Rush was a love letter to cruiserweight wrestling. Two strong characters with a ton of personality moving at speeds that most can't touch.

They went with the heel in the three way. He didn't win cowardly, he won brilliantly. Watching this just makes me mad about how poorly Balor has been used by Vince.

A heel vs heel championship match, I would normally say is a bad thing but it's NXT, where everybody is over, so the fans will be invested.

I pray that Dakota Kai is alright. That blow she took to the back of her head was scary.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think a lot of their storytelling is passable enough, but not particularly compelling (IMO of course). Butcher and Blade attack Cody last least so they can have a tag match with Cody this week. Jericho attacks Jungle Boy this week so he can have a match with Jungle Boy next week. It's functional enough and gets the job done as far as setting up matches... but it only does a so-so job of getting fans more emotionally invested in the wrestlers and the angle.

Though I do think there are some larger story angles which are being done very well. Cody and MJF is hitting all the right notes. And Jericho and Moxley I think already has the audience in the palm of their hands. It's by no means a terrible show .... but it's uneven. The guys who I already care about are for the most part being used well. The guys I don't care about are just kinda there, and I still don't care about.
    They can’t give everyone a storyline for you to care about w/o becoming Russo type product, but if you look at the number of people they are giving you reasons to care about it’s actually quite lengthy. The balance is only slightly on the side of wrestling over story which is what a lot of fans have been wanting for a long ass time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The guys who I already care about are for the most part being used well. The guys I don't care about are just kinda there, and I still don't care about.
    Exactly. I do think they have done a job with Darby though. MJF is magic anywhere.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Given how badly ROH has drifted towards people not caring now....they just had their big major PPV called Final Battle. Your new ROH World Champion is PCO.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 12-14-2019 at 09:13 PM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Given how badly ROH has drifted towards people not caring now....they just had their big major PPV called Final Battle. Your new ROH World Champion is PCO.
    Seriously?? PCO, the former Quebecer? I know he’d done well for himself but to become a world champion at his age is ridiculous.

Whatever happened to Ring of Honor?.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Seriously?? PCO, the former Quebecer? I know he’d done well for himself but to become a world champion at his age is ridiculous.

They don't give a bleep.They are just grasping for anything.

Speaking of grizzled vets. Reportedly, Jericho told the tag teams to start acting like actual tag teams. No more of this tornado tag non sense

They don't give a bleep.They are just grasping for anything.

Speaking of grizzled vets. Reportedly, Jericho told the tag teams to start acting like actual tag teams. No more of this tornado tag non sense
    AEW to some degree does make the referees' look pretty bad. In a lot of instances they do seem to sort of ignore the established rules of wrestling. Things that should obviously be illegal tags or DQ's seem to slip through the cracks in AEW for whatever reason. It's one thing if they establish that there are no such rules, like ECW... but in AEW's case, I think he refs just seem to let things go.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Have you seen PCO wrestle? He is absolute madman. With the bumps he willing to do you wouldn't think he a guy in his mid 50s. He should be winding down but he isn't.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I give props to PCO for really recreating himself 20+ years later. His French Frankenstein gimmick works. Nice career resurgence there.

But ROH and Bubba Ray who has some behind the scenes power is really trying to recreate the classic Terry Funk angle. PCO is their middle age and crazy type who past 50 wins a World title.

Its just that Funk had a loooong career by ECW and was someone who fit the brand of ECW. ECW were considered hardcore outlaws and Funk stepped in 2-3 years before this and was proclaiming he was gonna wind it down and Paul had the guy in mind for Funk to pass the belt n torch to there a couple months later.

PCO isn't Terry Funk. Its great he won a World title at 51. But where as ECW was on the upswing in 1997 and climbing new heights...ROH business is way down. Its falling apart.

Vince usually raids ROH for their world champions as we see. But i can't see him racing to sign PCO beyond a coach role.

This move is trying to recreate some ECW magic in a way. But the timing and all doesn't help.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

PCO is one of the very few interesting things in ROH right now. So if anything, putting the belt on him was the right call.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    PCO is one of the very few interesting things in ROH right now. So if anything, putting the belt on him was the right call.
    I don't disagree, but damn that is sad.

Super makes a good point about Funl though.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I give props to PCO for really recreating himself 20+ years later. His French Frankenstein gimmick works. Nice career resurgence there.

But ROH and Bubba Ray who has some behind the scenes power is really trying to recreate the classic Terry Funk angle. PCO is their middle age and crazy type who past 50 wins a World title.

Its just that Funk had a loooong career by ECW and was someone who fit the brand of ECW. ECW were considered hardcore outlaws and Funk stepped in 2-3 years before this and was proclaiming he was gonna wind it down and Paul had the guy in mind for Funk to pass the belt n torch to there a couple months later.

PCO isn't Terry Funk. Its great he won a World title at 51. But where as ECW was on the upswing in 1997 and climbing new heights...ROH business is way down. Its falling apart.

Vince usually raids ROH for their world champions as we see. But i can't see him racing to sign PCO beyond a coach role.

This move is trying to recreate some ECW magic in a way. But the timing and all doesn't help.
    This isn't the Terry Funk story. This isn't the first time RoH put world title on a old guy. They did it twice before with Jerry Lynn and Christopher Daniels.