Page 901 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 4018018518918978988999009019029039049059119511001 ... LastLast
Results 13,501 to 13,515 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I thought it was mad funny when he called Lars Sullivan "A Jack Kirby Illustration!!!" lol.
    He's similar to Matt Striker in that he uses a lot of "nerd" references. Which I think is something a lot of internet based fans appreciate because there's a good deal of cross over there. But to some, it might not be as endearing.

Also I think he can be super over the top... which SOME people I'm sure like, and others might find off putting.

Overall though, I think he's a very very good announer.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    He's similar to Matt Striker in that he uses a lot of "nerd" references. Which I think is something a lot of internet based fans appreciate because there's a good deal of cross over there. But to some, it might not be as endearing.

Also I think he can be super over the top... which SOME people I'm sure like, and others might find off putting.

Overall though, I think he's a very very good announer.
    He's nothing like Matt Striker. Striker is a total mark on commentary and makes him hard to listen to. Ranallo always sounds professional

Astonishing Member

Face Bayley opted to fight and pass out instead of tappnig. Heel Bayley is supposed to be tougher.

In the least I DO think they booked Sasha fairly strong in a loss. I think you can credibly argue she had Rhea beat until the other NXT women made the save. Sasha basically lost a 3 on 1 situation. It's still a loss... but I think it was somewhat of a protected loss.
    Sasha fans are enraged on Twitter that she got 2nd place again. Her spot on the card hasn't changed since turning heel, she loses every big spotlight she's in.

No problems with NXT women winning. I *hate* the lack of storyline continuity. Io and Candace acting like best friends? Pretending War Games didn't happen? Candace (who is a snow white face), *cheating* to win? Even if she was forced to get along with people she hates, her character shouldn't be cheating!

Natalya actually trusting Sasha after everything Sasha just did to her?!??!?! They aren't even on the same brand. Whoever booked this match, seemed to have no idea of the various storylines going on in NXT.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The match stipulation, and Brock brutalizing Dominick feel really pointless now,
    It gives Dominick another reason to eventually turn on his Dad when it's time.

Astonishing Member

I've been a big Keith Lee fan from PWG days. His matches with Lio Rush and Walter back in the day were excellent.

That being said, seeing Lee smash Rollins was fantastic. I wish he would have won but he looked brilliant even in losing.
    I was watching with some non-wrestling friends and they were like "the black guy keeps trying to do stuff but keeps getting taken out every time!" So seeing him finally have his moment in the end was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He's nothing like Matt Striker. Striker is a total mark on commentary and makes him hard to listen to. Ranallo always sounds professional
    I'm sure there are some people who say the same about Mauro.

Either way, the comparrisons I made were strictly in the sense of making pop culture references which only a lot of "nerds" would get. Not a criticism at all mind you... I rather enjoy it from both. Though I get why some might feel they overdo it.

Astonishing Member

If I we're going to make a change to next year's Survivor Series.

I would have the SS match follow a gauntlet format. You start with a 3 way and every two minutes you add a new opponent to the match. I would knock it down to teams of 3-4. There can be a match for which teams gets a man advantage.

I don't know about everyone else, but the ring was just too crowded. It might as well have been a rumble match.

I think it would give each other a much better moment in the spotlight. Especially for the women.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The new IC belt
    That's the first new non-NXT belt WWE has put out that looks really good!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Spectacular Member

So far I've only seen the three way tag team for women. I thought the action was really awesome.

Astonishing Member

I don't know about everyone else, but the ring was just too crowded. It might as well have been a rumble match.
    You have a lot of people standing around when they could be breaking up a pin randomly not getting involved in the action when there's chaos going on outside, etc.

I didn't like the Person from Team A, breaks up pin on person from Team C, when there's no strategic reason for them to do so and it happened so many times last night.

(Since I'm whining, that was Becky's worst PPV match ever)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    You have a lot of people standing around when they could be breaking up a pin randomly not getting involved in the action when there's chaos going on outside, etc.

I didn't like the Person from Team A, breaks up pin on person from Team C, when there's no strategic reason for them to do so and it happened so many times last night.

(Since I'm whining, that was Becky's worst PPV match ever)
    Yep, the women champions match was just awkward. Bazzler and Bayley could have had a great solo match. Becky and Bazzler could had a great solo match, and so on. It was glimpses of a good match that kept on getting interrupted by the third person.

I just want to say that Batley is just a joyless wrestler. She doesn't appear to take pleasure in anything. Not her promos or oerformance.

I want her to enjoy beating up people. By making little girls cry. I want her to be a wild rebellious character not the angry Karen that she is now.
    Last edited by HUTHAIFA; 11-25-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Face Bayley opted to fight and pass out instead of tappnig. Heel Bayley is supposed to be tougher.

Sasha fans are enraged on Twitter that she got 2nd place again. Her spot on the card hasn't changed since turning heel, she loses every big spotlight she's in.

No problems with NXT women winning. I *hate* the lack of storyline continuity. Io and Candace acting like best friends? Pretending War Games didn't happen? Candace (who is a snow white face), *cheating* to win? Even if she was forced to get along with people she hates, her character shouldn't be cheating!

Natalya actually trusting Sasha after everything Sasha just did to her?!??!?! They aren't even on the same brand. Whoever booked this match, seemed to have no idea of the various storylines going on in NXT.
    Also Shayna gets the crap beaten out of her the night before in War Games, but Bayley is so weak and pathetic apparently that Shayna still makes she tap out in mere seconds despite that. Also given that the whole story going in was essentially burying Bayley's accomplishment and saying that she was an afterthought who wasn't to be taken seriously, having this happen just made her look even worse. It was Bayley vs. Alexa from 2017 all over again almost.

As for Rhea, between her matches with Becky, Charlotte, and War Games, Rhea had been put over plenty. Sasha, hasn't accomplished anything of note since her return, she needed this more. But she choked yet again in a big match.

Plus they could have easily used the "she's banged up from War Games" to protect Rhea. The problem is, "protecting" someone only works if they get to actually WIN some big matches to. As you said, fans got their hopes up when she came back send turned heel, but nothing has changed for her at all booking-wise.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

folks are telling mauro to "toughen up" after what corey said last night.

as someone who suffers from mental illness, this kind of **** does not go away because you "toughen up".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm sure there are some people who say the same about Mauro.

Either way, the comparrisons I made were strictly in the sense of making pop culture references which only a lot of "nerds" would get. Not a criticism at all mind you... I rather enjoy it from both. Though I get why some might feel they overdo it.
    Yeah, I am in that camp as well. I enjoy both Striker and Mauro. They are both passionate and have personalities.

Side note. The best thing that can happen for Charlotte is having Rhea and Belair on Raw. Charlotte needs fresh guess with women who she doesn't tower over.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    folks are telling mauro to "toughen up" after what corey said last night.

as someone who suffers from mental illness, this kind of **** does not go away because you "toughen up".
    Those people are a-holes. Honestly, I think Mauro should stay off Twitter. Social Media is usually overly critical and can be unhealthy at times in the best cases.