Page 270 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1702202602662672682692702712722732742803203707701270 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 19298
    Ultimate Member

If AEW could work something out with Impact, then they could potentially also get wrestlers like Johnny too many last names, Tessa Blanchard, LAX, Rosemary, Brian Cage, Taya Valkyrie, etc to appear as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    If AEW could work something out with Impact, then they could potentially also get wrestlers like Johnny too many last names, Tessa Blanchard, LAX, Rosemary, Brian Cage, Taya Valkyrie, etc to appear as well.
    Great. We have have Johnny Elite debut.

I think a lot of wrestling companies tend to be far less generous loaning out main eventers though once one or both parties get PPV and TV deals. Unless they do some sort of invasion thing.

That said, if AEW can even pull off half the things they are promising while continuing to stay in business, I think the real losers there are ROH and Impact. Talent will probably be abandning ship left and right if they can.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

graves is the best color guy the E has. but just straight up comms? mauro by a mile. i mean, cole can be good but vince is too much in his ear a lot of the time. phillps is only average. he doesn't **** up but there is really nothing very impressive about him. byron is nothing. and rene is still a bit too green to do comms in the front.

mauro is great because of not only his knowledge of wrestling but his excitement. you really feel how hype he gets when he calls a good match. i mean there is a reason fans chant "mamma mia" when something awesome happens in NXT.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I like Mauro too, but if we're talking about the best announcer on the payroll right now I'd say Graves.
    Graves is ok. He can be annoying when being over the top and argumentative. I like Nigel McGinnis more as a color guy than Graves.

I think the only announcers that can move a meter a tick for interest is JR and the King. Maybe Joey.

And that's a tick. Nothing enough to matter.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    My AEW wishlist..

CM PUNK. Not going to happen but damn that would be the biggest shot fired.

Jay Lethal. It's time to move on from ROH. Jay Lethal is a talent that deserves a bigger spotlight.

Willie Mack. To me , the guy just has IT.

Pentagon. I have zero faithon the WWE using him correctly.AEW seems to be his best shot to get to higher status.

Fenix. See Pentagon.

Women: Tessa, Rosemary,Ivelisse, and Taya.

Nick Aldi's aka Magnus. Got the look, the gab, and the belt.
    Eli Drake. Has the mouth to put butts in seats.
    Getting Tessa will be difficult. She signed a 3 year deal with Impact.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

it's hard to find a right balance between the comms guy and color guy in the E. put mauro and corey on the same team and you got magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Graves is ok. He can be annoying when being over the top and argumentative. I like Nigel McGinnis more as a color guy than Graves.
    I think thats sort of the model for a good heel color guy. Ventura, Heenan, King, JBL... they were all a bit over the top and argumentative with their face broadcast partner.

I think thats sort of the model for a good heel color guy. Ventura, Heenan, King, JBL... they were all a bit over the top and argumentative with their face broadcast partner.
    The King wasn't really argumentative. A lot of his stuff was mean spirited jokes and brown nosing. He wouldn't get into fights with JR.

JBL during his first run on commentary would outright bury Michael Cole. If he had it his way Cole wouldn't get a word in.

Astonishing Member

NXT Graves was excellent but WWE Graves can be unbearable at times when he's over the top and argumentative but I blame that on Vince. Having Graves argue with Renee over Ambrose has been absolutely horrible and should never have happened or even continue.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

If I'm AEW ...I try and bring in Joey Styles. Its insane to think Styles who can still be the best play by play announcer is sitting at home due to a bad Trump joke where he went too extreme (the grab line ). Its wild that Styles still gets punished for that line while Hogan as we know did his rant and is back with WWE. So its time for AEW or at least Impact to bring him in to announce.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    If I'm AEW ...I try and bring in Joey Styles. Its insane to think Styles who can still be the best play by play announcer is sitting at home due to a bad Trump joke where he went too extreme (the grab line ). Its wild that Styles still gets punished for that line while Hogan as we know did his rant and is back with WWE. So its time for AEW or at least Impact to bring him in to announce.
    Whoever they bring in is fine with me for the most part as long as it's a two man booth.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Whoever they bring in is fine with me for the most part as long as it's a two man booth.
    I didn't watch All In. Who did the announcing for that? Because its possible they would use the same announce team for the next one.

I didn't watch All In. Who did the announcing for that? Because its possible they would use the same announce team for the next one.
    They used the RoH commentary team plus Don Callis.

They used the RoH commentary team plus Don Callis.
    Nevermind then. They probably won't use those guys as they are now officially competitors. I guess they'll have to start from scratch.