Page 1037 of 1124 FirstFirst ... 37537937987102710331034103510361037103810391040104110471087 ... LastLast
Results 15,541 to 15,555 of 16850
  1. #15541
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Austin completely whiff it.
    Okay, that's what I thought.

    Back to the minors, kid

  2. #15542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    We might still get a trio's belt. What other reason do they have for giving every team a third man?
    Outside of Cody, most of the founding guys of AEW made their name in Japan, which is a very heavy faction-oriented promotion. I think they're just going with what they know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    AEW to introduce a TNT championship, champion to be determined by a tournament
    M
    J
    F
    Last Read: Injustice 2 vol. 6
    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman, Daredevil, Detective Comics, Doctor Doom, The Flash, Legion of Superheroes, Lois Lane, Runaways, Shazam!, Strange Adventures, Supergirl, Superman, Young Justice

  3. #15543
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,452

    Default

    I got Cody winning the TNT title. Cody took himself out of the world title picture, so winning the second tier makes it less mid card and more like the IC belt used to be. The belt you give the workhorse or the #2 guy.

  4. #15544
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I got Cody winning the TNT title. Cody took himself out of the world title picture, so winning the second tier makes it less mid card and more like the IC belt used to be. The belt you give the workhorse or the #2 guy.
    It probably is a good idea to give it to a top guy like Cody at the start, just to help establish the belt as something actually worth caring about. You can use it to elevate someone else afterwards.

  5. #15545
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,415

    Default

    Eh that feels too similar to what they did with the World Title. This time, give it to an up and coming star and let them make it into something cool and different.

  6. #15546
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    34,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    AEW barely makes use of Orange. I doubt he'll win it. Smart money is Darby vs Sammy Guevara in the final with Darby winning.
    that's to OC's advantage. AEW knows orange is really over with the crowd but they use him just enough to keep people interested but not burning out on him. if this was the E, they would've shoved him down everyone's throats until we got tired of him. or competely fuck him up to the point where what made him special is lost.

    but yeah. been saying for months that if a mid-tier belt came up, i'd have darby and sammy as the kings of it.

  7. #15547
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Okay, that's what I thought.

    Back to the minors, kid
    For what it's worth, according to Alvarez in the dirt sheets the flip dive was unplanned.

  8. #15548
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    that's to OC's advantage. AEW knows orange is really over with the crowd but they use him just enough to keep people interested but not burning out on him. if this was the E, they would've shoved him down everyone's throats until we got tired of him. or competely fuck him up to the point where what made him special is lost.

    but yeah. been saying for months that if a mid-tier belt came up, i'd have darby and sammy as the kings of it.
    Well Darby and Sammy are going at it in Round one

  9. #15549
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,452

    Default

    The New Jack doc on Dark Side was a complete indictment of hardcore wrestling. New Jacks mouth was far better than his matches.

  10. #15550
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    The New Jack doc on Dark Side was a complete indictment of hardcore wrestling. New Jacks mouth was far better than his matches.
    To this day I wonder if New Jack is still working for the camera or if he's really that much of a psycho, because he flat out admits that he's trying to basically kill people at times.

  11. #15551
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    To this day I wonder if New Jack is still working for the camera or if he's really that much of a psycho, because he flat out admits that he's trying to basically kill people at times.
    Just a show off, a tough one but still....I don't think he wants to kill people. He needs to be a bad ass mother*** and runs his mouth.

    Does anyone know if The dark side of the ring is available in other countries like in Europe, or is planned for streaming? I want to see it with German subtitles, because a friend of mine cannot speak englisch and wants to see it too

  12. #15552
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    To this day I wonder if New Jack is still working for the camera or if he's really that much of a psycho, because he flat out admits that he's trying to basically kill people at times.
    He definitely tried to kill Vic Grimes in the scaffolding match they had in XPW. I believe him if he tried killing other people

  13. #15553
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    To this day I wonder if New Jack is still working for the camera or if he's really that much of a psycho, because he flat out admits that he's trying to basically kill people at times.
    He is a wrestler , they can't help but play to the camera, bit his actions proves that he cares very little if he hurts you.

    While he could never work in the WWE, just imagine what he could do for a tag team like AOP.

    I could see Impact taking a run at home as a manager. A stable of Willie Mack, Swann, and Moose would be fire.

  14. #15554
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    907

    Default

    A wrestler who does not care about his opponent is a piece of sh***

    Hardcore or not...wrestling is putting your health in the hands of someone else, he should damn take care of you.

  15. #15555
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    A wrestler who does not care about his opponent is a piece of sh***

    Hardcore or not...wrestling is putting your health in the hands of someone else, he should damn take care of you.
    That really can't be argued.Wrestling is simulated combat.Your responsibility is to make it look believable while keeping your opponent safe.

    Cornette had a good shoot on why hardcore wrestling doesn't make sense but here is something that I disagree with Cornette on.

    He believes that wrestling should remain regional. I don't think that possible in modern day.

    There are no local TV deals other than for some sports teams.Even local radio is dying. You can't be really successful and just be local wrestling promotion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •