Page 1005 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 5505905955995100110021003100410051006100710081009101510551105 ... LastLast
Results 15,061 to 15,075 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So NXT Set up Fin Balor vs. WALTER, and AEW set up PAC vs Orange Cassidy
    Lol, I know the one that I am looking forward to.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Can someone explain to me why Bianca is being buried? I was furious with NXT last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Can someone explain to me why Bianca is being buried? I was furious with NXT last night.
    She obviously wasn't going to beat Charlotte or Rhea. If they have a match at Wrestlemania, they become the priority.

Now I know WWE’s never been the greatest bastion of political correctness, but the NXT match between Xia Li and Mia Yim last night made me cringe before it even started. Amidst all the panic about the corona virus furore, how tactful do you think it is to have your only Chinese wrestler on the roster face someone who comes out with a scarf covering their mouth and nose?

I mean, I wouldn’t have thought about it before the event, but as soon as I saw Mia’s entrance I just thought “Ugh. That’s... unfortunate.”

That’s always been Mia’s entrance

I know it has, but somebody needs to be checking these things on a show-by-show basis.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I know it has, but somebody needs to be checking these things on a show-by-show basis.
    Or you stop being over sensitive. Most people wouldn't even notice

It's not really politically incorrect if that's something she always wears as entrance gear anyways. You have to be actively looking for something to be offended by to be offended there.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Finn better prepare his pecs for those Walter chops!

I’m not actually offended at all. I’m not directly affected by it. But I can see how someone might take offence.

Offence isn’t about offence being intended it’s about offence being taken.

And I fully understand it’s her usual ring attire, and it’s generally fine. But in hyper-sensitive times I just think people should check for anything that could be potentially perceived as discriminatory.

I mean they’ve literally just had that whole debacle with the ACH t-shirt. You’d think they’d be double-checking everything.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I’m not actually offended at all. I’m not directly affected by it. But I can see how someone might take offence.

Offence isn’t about offence being intended it’s about offence being taken.

And I fully understand it’s her usual ring attire, and it’s generally fine. But in hyper-sensitive times I just think people should check for anything that could be potentially perceived as discriminatory.

I mean they’ve literally just had that whole debacle with the ACH t-shirt. You’d think they’d be double-checking everything.
    Your creating an issue out of nothing.

Astonishing Member

Yeah Beadle, the more people react like you do in this case the more complicated it gets.

I would go so far as to say, we shouldn't be so sensitiv about everything, its annoying and redundant. But that's a discussion for another thread.

Astonishing Member

Now I know WWE’s never been the greatest bastion of political correctness, but the NXT match between Xia Li and Mia Yim last night made me cringe before it even started. Amidst all the panic about the corona virus furore, how tactful do you think it is to have your only Chinese wrestler on the roster face someone who comes out with a scarf covering their mouth and nose?

I mean, I wouldn’t have thought about it before the event, but as soon as I saw Mia’s entrance I just thought “Ugh. That’s... unfortunate.”
    Some WWE writer probably just read your post and it's now going to be a storyline. :P

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    She obviously wasn't going to beat Charlotte or Rhea. If they have a match at Wrestlemania, they become the priority.
    shame about bianca but hopefully she'll join her hubbie soon on raw although having said that , they won't know how to book her properly on the main roster

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Triple H mentioned on a conference call that Vince is running the Charlotte/Rhea storyline, not him. And Vince reportedly only wants Rhea to get the focus at Mania. So my guess is Hunter had to write her out of the angle somehow, and he at least wanted to give her a semi-big match first.

Charlotte basically no-selling Bianca's spear, well that was just really bad.