Page 1009 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 9509909959999100510061007100810091010101110121013101910591109 ... LastLast
Results 15,121 to 15,135 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Wait, what?

Roman and Goldberg is already a thing?

then what's the point of elimination chamber?!
    Yeah, that one was kind of surprising. I would have thought they would have Roman (and the fiend) in the Elimination CHamber to potentially earn the spot.

I suppose the logic is they want to advertise the main event matches ASAP.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, that one was kind of surprising. I would have thought they would have Roman (and the fiend) in the Elimination CHamber to potentially earn the spot.

I suppose the logic is they want to advertise the main event matches ASAP.
    They already announced the Chamber match and it's participants. Fiend wouldn't have been in it anyway.

They might as well cancel the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They already announced the Chamber match and it's participants. Fiend wouldn't have been in it anyway.

They might as well cancel the match.
    Considering there's a tag elimination and at least 1 womans elimination chamber, they probably should cancel any mens chamber match they are planning. That's already a lot of chamber matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I get the whole "automatic rematch" thing books them into a corner sometimes, but when Bray and Kofi lose their championships and don't even try to get them back, it just makes the belts look weak. If they don't even care about them, why should I?
    In Kofi's case he couldn't necessarily go after the WWE title, because it went over to RAW.

But I agree the Fiend at least should be involved in some sort of number one contenders situation. To immediately lose interest in the Universal title and focus on Cena does make the Universal title seem unimportant. But really that's been the plague for that title since almost day one. None of the initial champs (Finn, Owens, Goldberg) got rematches.

In Kofi's case he couldn't necessarily go after the WWE title, because it went over to RAW.

But I agree the Fiend at least should be involved in some sort of number one contenders situation. To immediately lose interest in the Universal title and focus on Cena does make the Universal title seem unimportant. But really that's been the plague for that title since almost day one. None of the initial champs (Finn, Owens, Goldberg) got rematches.
    It doesn't make the title unimportant. It means Bray drops to the bottom of the totem pole. Former champs getting auto rematches have always been a creative and booking clutch.

It doesn't make the title unimportant. It means Bray drops to the bottom of the totem pole. Former champs getting auto rematches have always been a creative and booking clutch.
    I'm personally fine with the automatic rematch thing.

For the singles mens division it really doesn't matter much. But for the womens and tag divisions, if you don't extend title feuds beyond a single match you're going to burn through the entire division pretty quickly. If there's only like 4 people you can wrestle, you might as well milk a feud for at least another match.

I'm personally fine with the automatic rematch thing.

For the singles mens division it really doesn't matter much. But for the womens and tag divisions, if you don't extend title feuds beyond a single match you're going to burn through the entire division pretty quickly. If there's only like 4 people you can wrestle, you might as well milk a feud for at least another match.
    It wouldn't be a problem with those divisions if the WWE bother to give a **** about them. Maybe stop giving Charlotte title matches and give the other women a chance to get over. Maybe not make the tag teams a joke.

There's a difference between "moving back down the ladder" and not caring. Their #1 goal should be getting that title back. Not "Welp, that loss sucked! Hey, I'm going to pick a fight with that guy now!"
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member

Eh, I can sort of understand it with the Fiend, since he has different priorities than the average wrestler

It wouldn't be a problem with those divisions if the WWE bother to give a **** about them. Maybe stop giving Charlotte title matches and give the other women a chance to get over. Maybe not make the tag teams a joke.
    Charlotte's been away from the title picture for a reasonable amount of time.

But that aside, it would still be a problem because you've only got like 4 people you can wrestle. Maybe 8 if you completely tear down the walls between face and heel. Not counting house shows, you'll cycle through the entire division in 2 months. It means giving everyone a shot at the title, which makes the notion of earning a title shot almost meaningless.

THat was the issue with Bliss and Niki when they won the belt. They basically wrestled every tag team (all 4 of them) within the first 2 weeks of winning the belt. There was nowhere for them to go.

It's frankly simpler and better to just extend feuds past one match. Give a feud a straight first match... ramp it up to maybe a gimmick match afterwards. Especially if it's a hot feud, there's no need to kill something prematurely if its working.
    Last edited by XPac; 02-29-2020 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Eh, I can sort of understand it with the Fiend, since he has different priorities than the average wrestler
    This. Every incarnation of Bray Wyatt has had the desire to simply spread chaos. Having a belt is nice for him, but it's not what motivates him.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    This. Every incarnation of Bray Wyatt has had the desire to simply spread chaos. Having a belt is nice for him, but it's not what motivates him.
    He should have never gotten the belt in the first place.It humanized him. It's a feudal character that leaves off storylines and not title runs.

That being said Goldberg should not have got it. The WWE has so much talent that could use a belt to push them up a level.
    Black
    Joe
    Richochet
    Drew
    Corbin
    Kofi
    Big E
    Nakamura
    Strowman
    Lashley
    Rusev

All could have used a placeholder moment over Goldberg.

Extraordinary Member

AEW Revolution starts in 20 minutes

Extraordinary Member

Dark Order beats SCU, then Colt Cabana comes out to save SCU from a post match beat down.

He fails, so Chris Daniels comes out to help

Extraordinary Member

Jake Hager vs Dustin Rhodes will be the first match of the main card