Page 804 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 304704754794800801802803804805806807808814854904 ... LastLast
Results 12,046 to 12,060 of 19298
    Spectacular Member

I thought the wrestling was more entertaining this smackdown than first fox one. I do not quite understand this draft stuff. W We should be powerful enough to decide what matches are on what show and shouldn't let the networks influence them. I was hoping to be able to see a wide variety of wrestlers. Don't like these exclusive show wrestlers draft thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Every HW is having a better year than Sasha. Also her going to SD feels, underwhelming. I like her and Bayley, but I want them to get a chance to succeed on their own away from each other, and WWE refuses to let that happen seemingly.

Also funny how WWE has to turn both her and Kari of all people heel because they couldn't think of anything to do with them as babyfaces apparently,
    If Sashas case she honestly is a more natural heel anyways. Even as a face she stabbed her best friend Bayley in the back like 3-4 times.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Every HW is having a better year than Sasha. Also her going to SD feels, underwhelming. I like her and Bayley, but I want them to get a chance to succeed on their own away from each other, and WWE refuses to let that happen seemingly.

Also funny how WWE has to turn both her and Kari of all people heel because they couldn't think of anything to do with them as babyfaces apparently,
    Not to mention that apart from Kushida every single Japanese wrestler in the WWE is a heel.

Says a lot about Vince’s mindset.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

reports are coming in that smackdown suffered a massive drop in ratings: over a million less than last week.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    reports are coming in that smackdown suffered a massive drop in ratings: over a million less than last week.
    B-But Brock's a HUGE STAR. A star like no other the business has right now ! He's clearly not a reason that 1+ million fans decided to say **** it and not watch again. Clearly this is wrong. Brock Lesnar is the alpha and omega.

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/10...d-week-on-fox/

Yep they lose 1+ million viewers folks. Lets put this in perspective... AEW lost only 19% off its debut show. It dropped 300,000 viewers . Meanwhile Smackdown on national TV lost a million viewers. That is just insane to see play out.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Bayley is thicc. I like new heel Bayley.

Cain Velasquez is boring.

Kofi is already an afterthought.

I have no interest in seeing Tyson Fury likely knock out Braun Strowman.

Chad Gable is being done dirty.
    Here is the thing about Gable.....I never thought of him as short. I thought he was the star of American Alpha. He had a great move set and a ton of personality. Not a world champion but solid midcarder/fan favorite.

The draft didn't make sense.

A real draft would be mostly champions and big stars.
    Heavy Machinery and Natalya are not top 20 talent. It would probably go....

In no particular order.
    Brock
    Roman
    Seth
    Becky
    Charlotte
    The OC if you get AJ with it.
    The New Day
    Cain Velasquez
    Mysterio
    Sasha
    Hayley
    Braun
    Bray Wyatt
    Orton
    Nakamura
    Balor
    Ricochet
    Black
    Daniel Bryan
    Samoa Joe
    Kevin Owens
    Ziggler
    Roode
    Lashley

Maybe I miss a rule or something.I just saw the results and not the show. I don't get Fox.

Astonishing Member

People are saying it doesn't matter as long as WWE has their television contracts but...no audience, no contract.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    B-But Brock's a HUGE STAR. A star like no other the business has right now ! He's clearly not a reason that 1+ million fans decided to say **** it and not watch again. Clearly this is wrong. Brock Lesnar is the alpha and omega.

Yep they lose 1+ million viewers folks. Lets put this in perspective... AEW lost only 19% off its debut show. It dropped 300,000 viewers . Meanwhile Smackdown on national TV lost a million viewers. That is just insane to see play out.
    The draft is more of a results show. There is really no need to watch it. Just go to WWE com for the results.Save you about 2 hours of your life.

It really just belongs on the Network, where you can do highlight packages and breakdowns for everyone selected. Like a real draft. Drafts are just hype videos anyway.
    Last edited by HUTHAIFA; 10-12-2019 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

Realistically they would have had a huge drop regardless of how good or bad the show was. Because it was a big hyped up episode which advertised bringing back a lot of stars, the rating was going to be artificially high. It's the equivalent of an issue 1 in comics. Because of the hype you'll get a few new and returning people to watch, then for the MOST part the same people who were watching before will continue watching now.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    The draft is more of a results show. There is really no need to watch it. Just go to WWE com for the results.Save you about 2 hours of your life.

It really just belongs on the Network, where you can do highlight packages and breakdowns for everyone selected. Like a real draft. Drafts are just hype videos anyway.
    Results show aside, I do think it had a PPV level card. Not saying all the matches were necessarily PPV quality, but on paper it had a card I think which could sell any descent PPV.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Results show aside, I do think it had a PPV level card. Not saying all the matches were necessarily PPV quality, but on paper it had a card I think which could sell any descent PPV.
    But the card wasn't really advertised. It was Draft....draft...and more draft. Bayley versus Charlotte had a blowoff match feel to it. No one thought that Charlotte would have a week long reign.

Now I will be watching it on Hulu later but that does nothing for getting that rating on Friday.

But you are completely right about AEW and SmackDown suffering from Number One issue syndrome.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    But the card wasn't really advertised. It was Draft....draft...and more draft. Bayley versus Charlotte had a blowoff match feel to it. No one thought that Charlotte would have a week long reign.

Now I will be watching it on Hulu later but that does nothing for getting that rating on Friday.

But you are completely right about AEW and SmackDown suffering from Number One issue syndrome.
    considering that most of her reigns weren't long, it was kind of expected. hell, her last reign as smackdown women's champ lasted all of a minute before bayley got the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    considering that most of her reigns weren't long, it was kind of expected. hell, her last reign as smackdown women's champ lasted all of a minute before bayley got the belt.
    In hindsight, the only reason they even had Charlotte win in the first place was likley just as a catelyst for Bayleys heel turn. Though I'm sure they are always looking for reasons to bump up Charlottes number of title reigns, as it's very likely they want her to at least match if not exceed her dad.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In hindsight, the only reason they even had Charlotte win in the first place was likley just as a catelyst for Bayleys heel turn. Though I'm sure they are always looking for reasons to bump up Charlottes number of title reigns, as it's very likely they want her to at least match if not exceed her dad.
    Exactly. I've been saying for a long time now, that the powers that be want Charlotte to close in on her father's record of 16 title reigns as quickly as possible. The easiest way to do that is to have her win a title, but then lose it in less than a month, so that she can win another title in short order.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Exactly. I've been saying for a long time now, that the powers that be want Charlotte to close in on her father's record of 16 title reigns as quickly as possible. The easiest way to do that is to have her win a title, but then lose it in less than a month, so that she can win another title in short order.
    They shuld stick the 24/7 Title on her. That's get her numbers up quick like