Page 933 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 4338338839239299309319329339349359369379439831033 ... LastLast
Results 13,981 to 13,995 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Backing up what I heard from insiders,

Orton was in serious talks to jump ship to AEW but they lowballed him on their offer

http://stillrealtous.com/backstage-n...-sign-with-aew
    That's a bad move .On Day One, Randy is the biggest star in your company. I don't think you should offer everybody top dollar, but Orton is a franchise player.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I got Westlemania 3 on VHS as a stocking stuffer today. Watched a few matches in it. King Kong Bundy vs Hillbilly Jim in a mixed tag match with midgets. I found it entertaining and cant believe that was a thing back in the day. Cant wait to watch The Hulk vs Andre the Giant. I have never seen it as much as I have heard about it.
    andre/hogan was..........good for what it was. historically important, sure enough but it was just ok from a in-ring standpoint. that was mainly due to andre's body being a wreck at the time. seriously, his back was so messed up, he needed a backbrace under his singlet.

So here is the entire story I was told by some insiders at AEW.

Randy was approached by AEW about coming to them and they offered him a deal. Randy then went to vince and asked for a counter offer and got offered much more than what aew was offering.

Randy went to AEW and told them of vince's counter offer and here is where it gets interesting. From what I was told, AEW execs did not believe randy when he said what Vince's offer was, and thought that Randy was bluffing for more money and said he wasn't worth what he was asking. They were trying to talk him down to less money but Randy got offended but how they did it and took Vince's offer and the AEW execs got embarrassed about the whole thing
    Last edited by Gryphon; 12-27-2019 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    That's a bad move .On Day One, Randy is the biggest star in your company. I don't think you should offer everybody top dollar, but Orton is a franchise player.
    A 13 time world champ in WWE who could compete under the same name he used in WWE....that would have gotten lot of eyes on AEW and they fucked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Andrade beat Rey Mysterio for the US title at a house show at MSG.
    That was a huge surprise. Was just at the MSG house show last night. (First time ever at that!) In any case, definitely thought that Rey was going to retain. He gave this great speech before the match thanking the fans and how much of an honor it was to be at MSG, so I thought no way this match would end with a hero like Rey losing. For a few seconds after the match I was in such a daze that I had forgotten that it was for the U.S. title and didn't know Andrade was the new champ! Overall, it was a good match.

Some other thoughts:

- A live show seems slower than it does on TV. Maybe it's because I'm not getting all of the angles on TV. Finally understood high spots because those are the moments you remember the most. Marked out several times.

- Top stars are stars for a reason. Their personalities resonate in a live setting. Randy was just so cocky and arrogant. He gave the "Too Sweet" sign when mocking Styles as well as to others in the audience. Also gave it to the snow man on stage when he was walking to the back . Becky was awesome. After her match, spend a good couple of minutes just going around the crowd and taking pictures with every fan. Owens was hilarious too. Busted a couple of guts when he said, "Hey Seth, you're a jackass!" Comedic gold.

- Got to talking with a lot of the people around me. Laughed and chatted with a guy and his kid, plus another guy in the row in front. And found it cool that a family from Italy was sitting in the row behind me. High-fived the father after one of the matches. WWE is global indeed!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

A 13 time world champ in WWE who could compete under the same name he used in WWE....that would have gotten lot of eyes on AEW and they fucked it up.
    but on the flip, he is pretty bland on the mic and his infamous antics backstage.

gotta weight the good with the bad.

Astonishing Member

Other than Cena, there is no one in the WWE, that I would offer more money than Randy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Yeah, no. The buzz would last for about a week and then he'd be right back to Resthold Randy, the Ratings Killer.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    but on the flip, he is pretty bland on the mic and his infamous antics backstage.

gotta weight the good with the bad.
    To be fair, he stopped with the backstage dickery after he became a dad. I don't hear anything about any terrible behavior from him in recent years like in his Evolution days.

Apparently, NJPW will not be airing on AXS TV for the foreseeable future due to the advertisers going to Impact Wrestling

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Yeah, no. The buzz would last for about a week and then he'd be right back to Resthold Randy, the Ratings Killer.
    Yeah, If he was the first he'd be making Jericho money. But you have to be the first. Otherwise you're good for an initial buzz and that's it.

He has a great personality, but he's not known for being amazing in-ring performer such that you want to see Orton vs. (Insert AEW Star) name here.

AEW needs to be smart with money.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    To be fair, he stopped with the backstage dickery after he became a dad. I don't hear anything about any terrible behavior from him in recent years like in his Evolution days.
    well, he still does his..........dick hands thing. eww.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Yeah, If he was the first he'd be making Jericho money. But you have to be the first. Otherwise you're good for an initial buzz and that's it.

He has a great personality, but he's not known for being amazing in-ring performer such that you want to see Orton vs. (Insert AEW Star) name here.

AEW needs to be smart with money.
    and he's too set in his ways to adapt his style outside of the WWE.

he has been vocal about his dislike of dives and aerial stuff.

really, AEW would be wise to throw some cash at cesaro or the revival when their contract comes up next year.

From what Im hearing, AEW tried to pretend they never had talks with Randy and that this was just randy doing stuff to get a better deal from Vince.
    This is for two reasons
    1. they don't wnt it known how they let him slip through their grasp
    2. thy don't want it known that Vince can easily outbid them

A thid thing is.....Randy isn't the only WWE star AEW has tried and failed to poach. they had talks with numerous people once they were able to speak with other companies but almost all signed new wwe deals instead. This includes AJ Styles for instance and another they wanted was Xavier Woods. They will likely get the revival but that might be it for the time being. AEW is saying they don't want to just hire everyone leaving wwe, but that seems to be because they honestly didn't count on their offers being turned down