Page 593 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 934935435835895905915925935945955965976036436931093 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,895 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    The thing is, the entire appeal of pro wrestling rests on this potential for injuries, the moves are only exciting because they look like they should do serious damage, and even if the wrestlers can shrug them off during the match, that doesn't mean they don't feel beaten down after the show or that it isn't causing long term issues. If wrestling were done in a way that was completely safe, it just wouldn't grip the audience in the same way. It'd be like watching a wushu demonstration or something where, regardless of the athleticism on display, people would just dismiss it out of hand because there isn't any risk of injury, and any supposed fight where nobody is getting hurt can't possibly be worth watching.

To watch wrestling is to acknowledge that you're deriving enjoyment from watching people completely wreck their bodies in a way that they will absolutely regret later in life, often unaware of the true scope of the risks, all for a hell of a lot less money than you probably think. And despite all the fond nostalgia you might have from childhood, the industry was never not this way.
    There's no way to do pro-wrestling COMPLETELY safe. Again, it's not ballet.

That said, I do think you can make an arguement that wrestling has sort of evolved into a more dangerous profession how that performers are taking bigger bumps. Lou Thesz wasn't performing 2-3 dives onto concrete 3-4 days a week back in the day. It was still dangerous and always will be, but for better or for worse the bar has been raised.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

we were all waiting for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    This looks like it's going to continue being a lot of fun for awhile.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

NXT UK will have a Takeover on the same day as AEW's All Out. Wrestling war!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    NXT UK will have a Takeover on the same day as AEW's All Out. Wrestling war!!!
    The UK brand could use a rub from some main roster talent. I would go out of my way to watch it, if they had Balor, McIntyre, and Cesaro compete in that.

Cesaro vs Dunne
    Balor vs WALTER vs McIntyre for the UK title.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    This looks like it's going to continue being a lot of fun for awhile.
    @jdfromny206 says it sucks so it must suck
    Last edited by steve2275; 06-03-2019 at 12:30 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

They NEED to have Carmella win that title at some point, it'd be such a waste not to.

As for NXT UK, it'd be kind of cool if they brought in a woman from NXT to challenge Toni Storm as well I think.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    The UK brand could use a rub from some main roster talent. I would go out of my way to watch it, if they had Balor, McIntyre, and Cesaro compete in that.

Cesaro vs Dunne
    Balor vs WALTER vs McIntyre for the UK title.
    If they're going head to head with AEW, I would think the WWE would stack that particular show at least.

It'll be interesting to see if WWE continues to pit their UK brand against AEW head to head in the future. As NXT UK is like their third tear brand obviously it can't come anywhere near to competing in star power... but those AEW PPV's are what, 50 bucks? Cost alone should snag at least a few wrestling fans on the fence to check out the UK guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    They NEED to have Carmella win that title at some point, it'd be such a waste not to.

As for NXT UK, it'd be kind of cool if they brought in a woman from NXT to challenge Toni Storm as well I think.
    Can literally ANYONE attempt to win the 24/7 title? I recall for the Hardcore title Godfather's Ho's and I think even a backstage interviewer once attempted to win the thing.

Ultimate Member

They said that it could be defended anywhere, Raw, SDL, NXT, NXT Uk, etc. And they said that any star could challenge for it. So I'm assuming yes.

It's just a question of if they take advantage of that idea fully or not?

Have Kairi Sane win it for example, and she spends most of her time trying to fit it into a treasure chest. And then whenever someone comes up to try and win it off of her, she just smiles and/or says hi to them, and they just cannot bring themselves to go after her, she's too cute/adorable. That could be funny maybe.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Can literally ANYONE attempt to win the 24/7 title? I recall for the Hardcore title Godfather's Ho's and I think even a backstage interviewer once attempted to win the thing.
    Bayley did try to win the belt in an Instagram video. Makes me think that women ain't exempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    They said that it could be defended anywhere, Raw, SDL, NXT, NXT Uk, etc. And they said that any star could challenge for it. So I'm assuming yes.

It's just a question of if they take advantage of that idea fully or not?

Have Kairi Sane win it for example, and she spends most of her time trying to fit it into a treasure chest. And then whenever someone comes up to try and win it off of her, she just smiles and/or says hi to them, and they just cannot bring themselves to go after her, she's too cute/adorable. That could be funny maybe.
    As long as they keep this purely comedy, I don't think involving women will be a problem.

I'm sure there's a segment of the WWE wrestling population which might object to the idea of men hitting women in any sort of legit competititve match, but I doubt WWE would get any back lash from wrestlers simply doing school boy roll ups or whatever against women. This division is tame enough to get away with it I think.

Still, I'm sure they're saving Carmella for later. They're a fun combo, and you don't wanna break them up until they have run it's course.

Astonishing Member

I think an interesting way to flip the 24/7 title into something serious would be to put on a monster heel or face, where they get to challenge anybody at any time and place. Imagine just chilling at home, and the lights go out. All you hear is "It's Time". Boom, and you are in the fight of your life.

I also would like to see Matt Hardy win it. A return to the Broken Universe with this title would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I think an interesting way to flip the 24/7 title into something serious would be to put on a monster heel or face, where they get to challenge anybody at any time and place. Imagine just chilling at home, and the lights go out. All you hear is "It's Time". Boom, and you are in the fight of your life.

I also would like to see Matt Hardy win it. A return to the Broken Universe with this title would be fun.
    I still think they should give it to Brock Lesnar. Film a bunch of backstage segments with people trying to take the belt, and you can air them through out the year with Brock only actually showing up for big events. You can still try and keep it funny too... have them jump Brock at his house or at the supermarket or whatever. He can be F5ing people in his pool or in the produce section, etc. But it can also be serious when it needs to be.