Page 1002 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 25029029529929989991000100110021003100410051006101210521102 ... LastLast
Results 15,016 to 15,030 of 19298

I don’t think NXT Japan will be a success

Extraordinary Member

Michael Cole: Do you not have a soul?
    Corey Graves: Probably not

Okay, that got a laugh out of me

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    I don’t think NXT Japan will be a success
    I don't think it'll be sucessful to the degree that it will be any real competition for New Japan or anything like that.

But I do think in theory they can create some good contents for the Network, and provide a bigger forum for japanesse talent in the States.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think it'll be sucessful to the degree that it will be any real competition for New Japan or anything like that.

But I do think in theory they can create some good contents for the Network, and provide a bigger forum for japanesse talent in the States.
    I doubt WWE can get a foothold in the Japanese scene. Japanese wrestling has it's own unique style, culture and history much like Mexico which will make Japan tough to crack. They already failed trying to buy Noah. They won't be able to steamroll the region like they did with UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I doubt WWE can get a foothold in the Japanese scene. Japanese wrestling has it's own unique style, culture and history much like Mexico which will make Japan tough to crack. They already failed trying to buy Noah. They won't be able to steamroll the region like they did with UK.
    They don't need to steamroll the region though... they just need to create content. They just need to be able to put out a weekly show, and develop some talent.

Amazing Member

It doesnt feel like NXT UK has been that big of an impact so I dont know about adding another somewhat derivative show with NXT Japan. There is already a lot of content every week wrestling wise.

Ultimate Member

So Kairi Sane got married, congrats to her.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSmark View Post
    It doesnt feel like NXT UK has been that big of an impact so I dont know about adding another somewhat derivative show with NXT Japan. There is already a lot of content every week wrestling wise.
    I'd agree NXT UK hasn't had that big of an impact.

That said, I DO believe it helped give Pete Dunne and Rhea Ripley platforms to become bigger stars. And I also think you can make a pretty descent arguement that in terms of pure in-ring content, NXT UK is as good as anything else on the planet. You can compare it pretty favorably to anything from New Japan to ROH and everything in between. So for those who want good in-ring stuff, the WWE network becomes a very accessible way of getting that fix.

So while it's not a HUGE money maker (if anything NXT as a whole probably puts Vince in he red a lot of the time), I think it adds value to the network and creates an additional platform to give stars more exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSmark View Post
    As far as US impact? Not much. As far as the UK wrestling scene? Yeah, it's done a number on the UK independent scene. NXT UK and WWE's association with Progress and, to an extent, NJPW's partnership with RevPro has almost completely gutted the UK independent scene.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    As far as US impact? Not much. As far as the UK wrestling scene? Yeah, it's done a number on the UK independent scene. NXT UK and WWE's association with Progress and, to an extent, NJPW's partnership with RevPro has almost completely gutted the UK independent scene.
    In the least we won't have to worry about that happening in Japan though. Compared to New Japan, NXT will probably just be a blip on the radar. So in that regard, I think an NXT there would get all of the benefits of a WWE developmental in the region without any of the drawbacks.

In the least we won't have to worry about that happening in Japan though. Compared to New Japan, NXT will probably just be a blip on the radar. So in that regard, I think an NXT there would get all of the benefits of a WWE developmental in the region without any of the drawbacks.
    I agree it won't do anything to New Japan. As others have stated, Japanese wrestling is a whole different beast. But I can see it having some impact on AJPW, NOAH and Dragon Gate.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

I don't see the point. WWE has shown little to no ability to properly push non English speaking talent. I understand having partnerships with other promotions. That makes sense. You get to pick what you need from them without having to much time and money. Getting a few gems like Walter, Dunne, Ripley, and Storm doesn't justify a whole performance center.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I don't see the point. WWE has shown little to no ability to properly push non English speaking talent. I understand having partnerships with other promotions. That makes sense. You get to pick what you need from them without having to much time and money. Getting a few gems like Walter, Dunne, Ripley, and Storm doesn't justify a whole performance center.
    Again though, it's also content (which for a streaming business model is necessary). Each NXT is another weekly program along with their own PPV's.

And it's WWE creating it's own alternative to sports entertainment. If you're not interested in Vinces brand of wrestling, you can get some of the best pure in-wrestling content out there on the same WWE network. I'd argue NXT is a better WWE alternative than AEW is, for example.

Astonishing Member

Again though, it's also content (which for a streaming business model is necessary). Each NXT is another weekly program along with their own PPV's.

And it's WWE creating it's own alternative to sports entertainment. If you're not interested in Vinces brand of wrestling, you can get some of the best pure in-wrestling content out there on the same WWE network. I'd argue NXT is a better WWE alternative than AEW is, for example.
    I get providing content, but WWE doesn't lack for performers to create content with. Also having your own platform means you can any show you want. Cornette revealed that the NWA thought they were going to be on the Network.

Speaking of the Network, has anyone else heard the rumor that the WWE is going to sell their ppv to ESPN?

BANNED

NXT japan just might end being distant no 2 in Japan. If they poach the right talent.

Anyway ESPN should get Wrestlemania and Summer Slam.