Astonishing Member

MVP is the MVP of Raw

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Incredible Member

has wwe rehired back 'the one man band' heath slater. good promo by heath.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Ok that is a HELL of a lot better than last design. In fact its a bit of a homage to the old WCW US title in a way.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

People aren't gonna like this video but well...its the truth really. I brought this up years ago on old CBR. Now I respect Undertaker for his 30 years of service for damn sure. He did a hell of a lot for business and was a big leader backstage. His run the last decade putting talent over made up for a number of things he did wrong on screen and backstage (Mike Awesome)

One guy missing from this was Tommy Dreamer who was also buried completely in 2001 or 2002 for no real reason. (he wasn't nowhere close on Undertaker's position on the card really)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    has wwe rehired back 'the one man band' heath slater. good promo by heath.
    Was he actually rehired? I sort of assumed this was just a one time appearance to help build up the Drew/Dolph fued.

If he was rehired, good for him. I was always looking forward to some sort of 3 man band angle feud of some sort.

Why would MVP spend the money on a new belt that he doesn't even hold? If he doesn't defeat Apollo then he basically just bought him a new belt. I get "cocky overconfident heel" but it just seems like a waste of money from a character-standpoint. It would have made more sense if he won the belt and then revealed the new design.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Heath is technically still under contract till next week.

He has given every indication he is heading to impact and possibly Japan though

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I dont like this at all

its so gaudy

none of the main roster belts look good now

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    We could have got Orange Cassidy in the WWE! Kingston was the last "big" name they had, right?

Common sense (to me) anyway, is that other than the tape library, WWE now needs a developmental brand for their developmental. Now all of the various NXT talent that there's no room for on the roster can go perform somewhere.
    i thought kingston was with nwa?? anybody know what ar fox status is??

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    Matt riddles broness is so annoying. Is this an actual act or does he really talk like this. How could he have been taken seriously at ufc?
    look(and listen) at how he got into the UFC, kind of have to take him serious after that(broken jaw, concussion).

one of the scariest KO's i've ever seen in MMA and i've been watching for about 30yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think AEW books the big men the way they do because they're interested in generating higher work rates in matches. Big Man booking 101 is to deliver a lot of no selling squashes to make your monster look invinsible, BUT you don't get a lot of stars from Dave booking your matches that way. Booking better matches often means booking them in a more competetive way... but that comes at the expense of generating any sort of aura of invinsibility for your big man.
    dave's booking is more in tune with their audience. displaying talent will get the big guys more over with that audience than squashing jobbers. their big men need to be credible and menacing more than invincible

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    MVP is the MVP of Raw
    so happy he's not getting squashed in seconds anymore, but you know big men got to be invincible after all.

MVP is the MVP of Raw
    I think the managers are really standing out of RAW in recent months. MVP and Vega have really helped to carry the show. I'm not sure managers have mattered this much in the WWE in years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the managers are really standing out of RAW in recent months. MVP and Vega have really helped to carry the show. I'm not sure managers have mattered this much in the WWE in years.
    Yeah, I can't think of any recent time either where managers have gotten this much spotlight.

My issue with AEW big men is they get a short hard push and then lose, and just become another guy. Brodie Lee has been a complete dud. Lance Archer should be going after bigger fish than Janella.

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    I have trouble seeing Kingston doing scripted promos and WWE style wrestling.
    Kingston will do his own thing, just challenged Nick Aldis for the NWA title

and Aldis accepted

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    Kingston will do his own thing, just challenged Nick Aldis for the NWA title

and Aldis accepted
    That's a massive change in plan. Before the global bastard happened Aldis was building a major feud with Scrull.

Yeah, I can't think of any recent time either where managers have gotten this much spotlight.

My issue with AEW big men is they get a short hard push and then lose, and just become another guy. Brodie Lee has been a complete dud. Lance Archer should be going after bigger fish than Janella.
    not sure how you can even call that when there's no crowd but brodie still looks like a monster to me as he's only lost to mox and he didn't actually tap in that match.

janela is perfect for archer right now imo, he'll bump his ass off to make archer look great and he'll get great heat for it as well.

and to be honest janela probably has more upside, but archer is a big guy.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 07-08-2020 at 05:36 PM.