Page 607 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1075075575976036046056066076086096106116176577071107 ... LastLast
Results 9,091 to 9,105 of 19298
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

my bigger question is if kenny will be in the royal rumble again this year.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    B/R Live is carrying AEW's Fyter Fest for free.

So you're gonna get ...

The Elite (Omega & the Young Bucks) vs. the Lucha Bros. & mystery tag partner
    HARDCORE MATCH: Nakazawa vs. Jebailey
    Sakazaki vs. Rose vs. Riho
    Cody vs. Darby Allin
    Adam Page vs. MJF vs. Jimmy Havoc vs. Jungle Boy
    Christopher Daniels vs. Cima
    MAIN EVENT: Jon Moxley vs. Joey Janela

Plus all the fighting game stuff ... for free!
    https://live.bleacherreport.com/wres...ter-fest/66422
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I didn't hear about Sami until now. Sami is an *******. Honestly, people are blowing how Cornette said about Sonny Kiss out of proportion. He's ultimate right about his point despite the language he used.
    i feel pretty much the opposite. not the sami part, he is an ******* but he pretty much owns it. i don't care about the language, i think his point or lack thereof is bullshit. what needs to be "explained" about sonny?? i think everybody knows what a homosexual is.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i feel pretty much the opposite. not the sami part, he is an ******* but he pretty much owns it. i don't care about the language, i think his point or lack thereof is bullshit. what needs to be "explained" about sonny?? i think everybody knows what a homosexual is.
    Cornette was coming into AEW as a new fan. He didn't know if Sonny was being a character. When you have gimmick guys like orange Cassidy, Jungle Boy, and Luchasaurus all over the battle royale how he suppose to know Sonny is the guy that's being himself? He needs to be explained because no one knows who the **** he is. AEW broadcast team expected the audience to know who these guys are but that's a dumb stance to take when the company is new. Especially since the pre-show was used to sell people on the PPV.

Moxley vs Omega confirmed for All Out. This proposes an interesting problem for the show. That without a doubt should be the main-event but Jericho vs Page for AEW world title is on the same show. It will be a bad look if the match that crowns your first champion doesn't close.

Cornette was coming into AEW as a new fan. He didn't know if Sonny was being a character. When you have gimmick guys like orange Cassidy, Jungle Boy, and Luchasaurus all over the battle royale how he suppose to know Sonny is the guy that's being himself? He needs to be explained because no one knows who the **** he is. AEW broadcast team expected the audience to know who these guys are but that's a dumb stance to take when the company is new. Especially since the pre-show was used to sell people on the PPV.
    I do think the battle royal did portray the product as sort of cartoony, almost circus like. So from his perspective, I can sort of see why a new fan might go in and not necessarily get a good first impression of the product. Plus the match itself wasn't great... which in all fairness can be said for pretty much all battle royals, but that does raise the question of whether or not this is the first impression you want to give of your product.

This is the thing that new viewers on the fence about spending 50 bucks for their first PPV will judge the product on. And I think Cornette made a reasonably valid point that this perhaps did not give the product the very best first impression it could have.

Moxley vs Omega confirmed for All Out. This proposes an interesting problem for the show. That without a doubt should be the main-event but Jericho vs Page for AEW world title is on the same show. It will be a bad look if the match that crowns your first champion doesn't close.
    The championship match will close. This ain't the WWE ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The championship match will close. This ain't the WWE ...
    Such a thing isn't unique to WWE. Wrestle Kingdom 8 the intercontinental title closed the show over the world title as that was the match people wanted to see most. Honestly, Moxley vs Omega would be a bigger draw than Hangman and Jericho.

Such a thing isn't unique to WWE. Wrestle Kingdom 8 the intercontinental title closed the show over the world title as that was the match people wanted to see most. Honestly, Moxley vs Omega would be a bigger draw than Hangman and Jericho.
    The championship match isn't always the biggest draw or the hottest match in a PPV. That's nothing we haven't seen before.

Ultimate Member

When it's the match to decide the first-ever champion, with the most well-known performer on your roster, yeah it goes on last.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    When it's the match to decide the first-ever champion, with the most well-known performer on your roster, yeah it goes on last.
    Exactly.

Mox and Omega might be IT right now, but Jericho was IT before they even wrestled in the ring.

And that's no disrespect to either right now.

I would say out of the 3, Page is the most out of place. Personally, even if it makes an all ex-WWE main event, I would've had Moxley run in at the Battle Royal and won.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Exactly.

Mox and Omega might be IT right now, but Jericho was IT before they even wrestled in the ring.

And that's no disrespect to either right now.

I would say out of the 3, Page is the most out of place. Personally, even if it makes an all ex-WWE main event, I would've had Moxley run in at the Battle Royal and won.
    I think they should actually keep on mixing it up a bit between ex-WWE guys and the non-WWE talent, though they need to avoid “feeding” the non-WWE guys to their opponents so much they lose credibility. They need to show off the goods that haven’t been on display with MacMahon’s shows to make the product stand out and beef up their ranks to people who used to just watch WWE.

I mean, as an example, I didn’t know a damn thing about Juice Robinson before his match with Moxley, but the match and promos mean that I now have to pay attention to Robinson in NJPW, and of he and Mox ever clash again, I am there.

In contrast, while I have no doubt that Moxley and Jericho could make a better match than their last one in WWE, I have seen that before. Jericho giving Page a strong character opponent to frame himself against is a smart move, as is having Mox and Janella acknowledge and use their more similar elements to make a good match for fans who haven’t seen Janella before.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I think they should actually keep on mixing it up a bit between ex-WWE guys and the non-WWE talent, though they need to avoid “feeding” the non-WWE guys to their opponents so much they lose credibility. They need to show off the goods that haven’t been on display with MacMahon’s shows to make the product stand out and beef up their ranks to people who used to just watch WWE.

I mean, as an example, I didn’t know a damn thing about Juice Robinson before his match with Moxley, but the match and promos mean that I now have to pay attention to Robinson in NJPW, and of he and Mox ever clash again, I am there.

In contrast, while I have no doubt that Moxley and Jericho could make a better match than their last one in WWE, I have seen that before. Jericho giving Page a strong character opponent to frame himself against is a smart move, as is having Mox and Janella acknowledge and use their more similar elements to make a good match for fans who haven’t seen Janella before.
    FWIW ... Juice is ex-WWE, too.

Astonishing Member

https://www.forbes.com/sites/blakeoe...0#36596c853eda
    39,997 views Jun 14, 2019, 08:19am
    WWE's NXT Stars Want To Leave For AEW; Stephanie McMahon Is Trying To Persuade Them To Stay Blake Oestriecher

https://www.njpw1972.com/tornament/46521?showCards=1 part 1
    Jon Moxley vs Shota Umino 1ST MATCH 30 MINUTES LIMIT
    Shingo Takagi vs Satoshi Kojima 2ND MATCH 30 MINUTES LIMIT
    Ryusuke Taguchi, Juice Robinson and Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Jay White, Chase Owens and Taiji Ishimori 4TH MATCH 30 MINUTES LIMIT
    Will Ospreay takes on Dragon Lee (for The IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship) 7TH MATCH 60 MINUTES LIMIT
    IWGP Jr. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    Chris Jericho vs Kazuchika Okada 9TH MATCH 60 MINUTES LIMIT IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    Last edited by steve2275; 06-14-2019 at 09:27 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Cornette was coming into AEW as a new fan.
    corny came in to talk ****, we know this already.

He didn't know if Sonny was being a character. When you have gimmick guys like orange Cassidy, Jungle Boy, and Luchasaurus all over the battle royale how he suppose to know Sonny is the guy that's being himself? He needs to be explained because no one knows who the **** he is.
    you should assume everybody is being themselves or are you asking them to xplain that all the other guys are working gimmicks while sonny is being himself?? did they not say his name??

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    also i'd think this is not the blowoff match for mox & omega so maybe their match doesn't have a decisive finish and they might not want to close the show that way.