Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i still don't get what's the big deal about the revival. they just seem like a very good tag team to me, which is cool but there's a bunch of those out there. oh and "they remind me of arn and tully!!" which can also be said about various math, gym and wood shop teachers i've had.
    Aside from them being a very good team like you said, there's a bit of a Monday Night Wars effect. When you have someone jump ship from one promotion to another (especailly from the WWE), it becomes a bigger deal than it would be otherwise.

Also, from what I understand the Young Bucks and the Revival have laid the groundwork for a rivalry on social media for sometime now, so a bit more anticiation there.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm generally speaking not a fan of that myself ... but to play devil's advocate it did get people to actually pay a little bit of attention to the Impact champion.

But in a lot of ways they definitely didn't pick the best woman if they were trying to make some sort of woke statement.
    No one still didn't pay attention to Impact. Her title win got overshadowed by all stories that came out about her abuse and racism.

Ultimate Member

Cannot say I'm surprised. Rumors were she and Impact management had had a falling out, and given her rep, they probably saw her as more trouble than she was worth.

Ironic because even early this year, she supposedly had a really good relationship with them and they pushed her as THE star in the company, so it went south really fast it would seem.

For as talented ad she is, she's going to end up destroying her own career if she doesn't change her ways soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    No one still didn't pay attention to Impact. Her title win got overshadowed by all stories that came out about her abuse and racism.
    For a variety of reasons, making her champion was controversial. Firstly because she's a woman, and secondly because she's allegedly a pretty lousy human being. But cummulatively I do think all of that contributed to making her probably the only Impact wrestler anyone bothered really paying atttention to. Not that she had a lot of competition... but even now as we speak I think she's getting a lot more discussion and attention than anyone else in that company. Not all of it is good of course... in fact the majority is frankly bad.

Astonishing Member

So far, it's backstage people.
    Renee
    Pearce
    Noble
    Kayla

I wish them all a speedy recovery.

I think there is no way, we would ever know if Vince got it. Vince would no sell it like a Goldberg match

Ligero and Travis Banks got released
    https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/s...561617922?s=20

Impacted fired Michael Elgin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    to be honest , it was pretty silly for tessa to win the men's world title. expecting her to compete against guys week after week , c'mon that metoo movement is a bit nuch.
    1. What does Tessa's win have to do with sexual harassment?
    2. No, there is not a single thing silly about Tessa winning a men's title. If you can't buy a woman beating a man in a fight between fictional characters, that's purely a fault of your own imagination.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Tessa likely learned that her super push was ending at Slammiversy and she was gonna have to drop the title back after months. This likely had her decide to do power plays etc. Because she was fine with getting the push as we saw , but it slowing down to end likely led to this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Tessa likely learned that her super push was ending at Slammiversy and she was gonna have to drop the title back after months. This likely had her decide to do power plays etc. Because she was fine with getting the push as we saw , but it slowing down to end likely led to this.
    Her contract was coming up, to me Occam's Razor is that they were fighting over money.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Her contract was coming up, to me Occam's Razor is that they were fighting over money.
    I wouldn't be shocked if it were about money. If I were Anthem I would totally want to pay less money for a performer not willing to actually perform. I can't entirely knock someone for not wanting to perform during a pandemic, but if she's not at least willing to tape a few promos from home, what the heck are they paying her for.

Ultimate Member

Jordynne Grace would be a good choice for that kind of push in the future I think.

Reportedly there are 30 positive cases of Covid at WWE. They are continuing taping today and tomorrow
    https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...is-latest-news

This goddamn company man.

Astonishing Member

Da Meltz is reporting that if AEW doesn't consistently put out new content that the show will be canceled. Of course, this could be Meltz just giving cover to AEW.

But I believe him. These networks are losing tons of money, if people honestly believe that they won't try to get out of paying these huge tv contracts then they are kidding themselves.

Reportedly there are 30 positive cases of Covid at WWE. They are continuing taping today and tomorrow
    https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...is-latest-news

This goddamn company man.
    What's it going to take to get talent and staff to finally get fed up with WWE? Clearly no one can be happy with this current situation.

Bryan Alvarez rants about it here, in a video released earlier today.