Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think that's pretty standard booking though.
    If you want to make your champ look like a chump. Becky rarely ate a loss in her year+ reign. This Asuka one sounds like ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    If you want to make your champ look like a chump. Becky rarely ate a loss in her year+ reign. This Asuka one sounds like ass.
    But she did lose to Asuka. And that's the point. If you have a challenger that has always lost to the champion, having them beat the champ in the build up in either a tag match or a non title established them as a threat. Flair would do it all the time back in the day.

But she did lose to Asuka. And that's the point. If you have a challenger that has always lost to the champion, having them beat the champ in the build up in either a tag match or a non title established them as a threat. Flair would do it all the time back in the day.
    The problem is that WWE always does this. It's a big reason why the belts don't mean anything.

The problem is that WWE always does this. It's a big reason why the belts don't mean anything.
    Flair has taught us that the belts only mean something when it counts. He used to say he lost 30,000 matches but won 16.

The belt didn't mean anything in a tag match on RAW. But it matters at Extreme Rulz.

Also remember that Aasha has never beaten Asuka, so against Sasha at least Asuka has nothing to prove. Its Sasha that needs to step up and actually prove she deserves a shot at the champ.

Flair has taught us that the belts only mean something when it counts. He used to say he lost 30,000 matches but won 16.

The belt didn't mean anything in a tag match on RAW. But it matters at Extreme Rulz.

Also remember that Aasha has never beaten Asuka, so against Sasha at least Asuka has nothing to prove. Its Sasha that needs to step up and actually prove she deserves a shot at the champ.
    TV didn't matter much in Flair's time. The World champ didn't wrestle often on TV and the shows main purpose were to build major shows. That hasn't been the case since WWE launched the network. To continue with this style of booking with their champions only hurts the prestige of the belt. It just shows how lazy they are when building challengers.

TV didn't matter much in Flair's time. The World champ didn't wrestle often on TV and the shows main purpose were to build major shows. That hasn't been the case since WWE launched the network. To continue with this style of booking with their champions only hurts the prestige of the belt. It just shows how lazy they are when building challengers.
    Depending on who wins the match at Extreme Rulz, I think it hurts Sasha too much to lose 2 straight matches to Asuka especially if Asuka has already beaten Sasha every time they have wrestled.

If the plan is to drop the belt to Sasha then yes ... they did Asuka dirty by having her lose on RAW. But if the plan is for Asuka to retain, then it doesn't hurt Asuka if she can still beat Sasha when it counts.

There's valid reason to protect both since Asuka is the present champion while Sasha could theoretically be in the title scene of every American womans title in the upcoming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Doesn't sound like they are shutting down anytime soon. That's good news, as I do think right now its arguably the best in ring product at the moment.

Astonishing Member

Doesn't sound like they are shutting down anytime soon. That's good news, as I do think right now its arguably the best in ring product at the moment.
    Not going to lie, but I would have shut it down, but always good for wrestlers to have jobs.

Vince doesn't have the trademark on the 4 Horsemen. So rumors of FTR starting their own horsemen are high.My group would be.
    Adam Page
    Tessa
    FTR.

A lot of people are saying Cody but Cody doesn't need a faction. I would make Cody a solo act.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Tessa is toxic right now.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Not going to lie, but I would have shut it down, but always good for wrestlers to have jobs.

Vince doesn't have the trademark on the 4 Horsemen. So rumors of FTR starting their own horsemen are high.My group would be.
    Adam Page
    Tessa
    FTR.

A lot of people are saying Cody but Cody doesn't need a faction. I would make Cody a solo act.
    The Elite counts as a faction, doesn't it?

But an AEW version of the horsemen would need an AEW version of Flair. They need their main eventer. MJF maybe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Tessa is toxic right now.
    I don't disagree but Big Swole is on record wanting her to join AEW. That's a huge endorsement coming from that company.

Astonishing Member

The Elite counts as a faction, doesn't it?

But an AEW version of the horsemen would need an AEW version of Flair. They need their main eventer. MJF maybe.
    Cody is in 2 factions.The Nightmare Family and the Elite.

So there is no need to consistently make him the center of the universe.

MJF isn't a bad pick especially since he is a throwback wretler. I don't think he needs a stable either. Wardlow us enough.

Page is a main event singles talent.
    Tessa is a main event talent.
    FTR are main event talent.

Tessa is in talks with both aew and wwe right now

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post

Adam Page
    Tessa
    FTR.

Its cheap for wwe to produce and draws better ratings in europe than raw and smackdown