Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm sort of assuming Alexa will eventually turn on Nikki and go back to teaming with Mickie. I'm a little surprised Alexa has stayed face this long.
    I think there's a decent shot Nikki wins, which leads to tension with her and Alexa. (As well as Sasha and Bayley--there's numerous ways their matches could go that lead to a break-up)

Breaking news: WWE Buys Evolve Wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm sort of assuming Alexa will eventually turn on Nikki and go back to teaming with Mickie. I'm a little surprised Alexa has stayed face this long.
    as if they keep track LOL. i think charlotte was a heel the last time she wrestled, where in true heel fashion she was attacked by a heel before the match then bravely fought on through her injury to highly competitive match with the champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    This doesn't shock me at all considering that some Joshi wrestlers have been retiring young due to all the accumulated injuries from their ring-style.

I just stumbled across Jericho tweeting about age groups when it comes to TV ratings because apparently NXT beat AEW overall last night. Honestly, who really gives a damn?
    i think it has something to do with ad revenue. there's some reason that younger male demo is so important to wrestling promotions.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I think there's a decent shot Nikki wins, which leads to tension with her and Alexa. (As well as Sasha and Bayley--there's numerous ways their matches could go that lead to a break-up)

Breaking news: WWE Buys Evolve Wrestling
    how sad. evolve has been WWE's bitch for a while now but still.

Astonishing Member

I honestly never saw the chemistry between Alexa and Nikki. It hampered both of them. Nikki really couldn't be as crazy and bloodthirsty. Bliss couldn't be the cocky mean girl that she excels at.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I honestly never saw the chemistry between Alexa and Nikki. It hampered both of them. Nikki really couldn't be as crazy and bloodthirsty. Bliss couldn't be the cocky mean girl that she excels at.
    kind of a combo of poor planning and bad xecution. even if they had went with what looked like the original plan(alexa uses nikki and then betrays her) i don't think it would've turned out well for nikki. alexa doesn't seem very good at making others look good.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Sounds like Kairi Sane's in ring career may also be in trouble due to all her injuries:

https://hookedonwrestling.co.uk/wres...r-in-jeopardy/

She recently got married she may decide she's done at some point.

In other news, Mickie James said in an interview she's finally been clear and was scheduled to make her in-ring return right before the pandemic--but then the pandemic hit and she decided she would wait until after it.
    Its not entirely surprising for Kairi because she really throws herself around.

Even her elbow drop from the top looks like it'll hurt her badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    I just stumbled across Jericho tweeting about age groups when it comes to TV ratings because apparently NXT beat AEW overall last night. Honestly, who really gives a damn?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i think it has something to do with ad revenue. there's some reason that younger male demo is so important to wrestling promotions.
    It's not just wrestling promotions. The 18-49 demographic is what almost all networks reach out for. Historically they have the most disposable income, so advertisers promote the most to them. The higher the ratings in that demographic, the more advertisers will pay for spots on that program and the more money the show makes.

I think in Jericho's case it's more of him doing his heel thing and trying to rile up people that believe there's a "Wednesday Night War" going on.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It's not just wrestling promotions. The 18-49 demographic is what almost all networks reach out for. Historically they have the most disposable income, so advertisers promote the most to them. The higher the ratings in that demographic, the more advertisers will pay for spots on that program and the more money the show makes.

I think in Jericho's case it's more of him doing his heel thing and trying to rile up people that believe there's a "Wednesday Night War" going on.
    More specific than that, it's males 18-35.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post

Yeah, Jerichos not exactly wrong, but I think all the social media back and forth is really just to try and hear up the Wednesday Night Wars. Sasha and Bayley did the same thing last week.

It did a good enough job providing the kabuki warriors and Sasha/Bayley with a credible face team to compete with. But I don't think it was ever meant to last. Alexa was going to stab Niki in the back sooner or later.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    kind of a combo of poor planning and bad xecution. even if they had went with what looked like the original plan(alexa uses nikki and then betrays her) i don't think it would've turned out well for nikki. alexa doesn't seem very good at making others look good.
    I think Alexa and Nia had good chemistry. I think Nia would have been better paired up with Ruby Riot or as an underlying of Bray. If Sanity was just Nikki and Killian Rain, I would have been happy.

Looks like Kairi is leaving WWE and going home.

https://whatculture.com/wwe/kairi-sane-leaving-wwe

Apparently the remaining evolve talents are being offered nxt contracts

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Apparently the remaining evolve talents are being offered nxt contracts
    There's a chance Eddie Kingston will be on NXT?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There's a chance Eddie Kingston will be on NXT?
    I would love to see Eddie Kingston manage Proud and Powerful.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I would love to see Eddie Kingston manage Proud and Powerful.
    Man, they were great together on Impact. I would love to see them hook up again.