Page 920 of 964 FirstFirst ... 420820870910916917918919920921922923924930 ... LastLast
Results 13,786 to 13,800 of 14450
  1. #13786
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Actually I think we are seeing the benefit of them holding onto talent. The big criticism we are seeing of AEW among it's fanbase is "We don't know who these people are that you keep throwing into matches every week!" (Since most people don't watch all the extra online stuff) If they had more familiar names to help introduce people that would have been helpful, but as it is, they are introducing 90% new people to a bunch of casual wrestling fans they are hoping to retain.
    For what it's worth I do think to a degree AEW is being carried by ex-WWE talent. We're certainly seeing a lot of fun matches from non-WWE guys. But I think the best content we're seeing overall is from Cody, with Jericho coming in second. I think as far as storylines go, the WWE guys seem to be doing the best job of telling stories and getting viewers emotionally invested. I think their time in the WWE, where you are forced to try getting over doing little as possible, actually shows.

  2. #13787
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    the ascension has been redundant since getting called up from nxt.
    HOnestly I never saw the appeal of them in the first place. THey're a big monster team which frankly aren't THAT big. And their gimmick and look are a bit to 90's. They're out of a video game or something. I know they were a big deal in NXT but I never entirely understood why.

  3. #13788
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    HOnestly I never saw the appeal of them in the first place. THey're a big monster team which frankly aren't THAT big. And their gimmick and look are a bit to 90's. They're out of a video game or something. I know they were a big deal in NXT but I never entirely understood why.
    They were the Dark Order before the Dark Order. They had the benefit of a really hot vignette in NXT, and they were pushed and presented well.

    I could see them in the NWA in faux road warriors gimmick.

  4. #13789
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    For what it's worth I do think to a degree AEW is being carried by ex-WWE talent. We're certainly seeing a lot of fun matches from non-WWE guys. But I think the best content we're seeing overall is from Cody, with Jericho coming in second. I think as far as storylines go, the WWE guys seem to be doing the best job of telling stories and getting viewers emotionally invested. I think their time in the WWE, where you are forced to try getting over doing little as possible, actually shows.
    AEW hasn't done the best in acquiring just good hands.

    Jimmy Havoc,Avalon,Stunt,Cutler,Janela,and Marshall are just a waste of money.

    They could really use an Eli Drake or a James Storm to cut a promo that can carry feud.They could use a couple of hot heads like Aries and Low Ki. Some blue chippers like Davey Boy Smith,Jeff Cobb,and Marty Martinez.

  5. #13790
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    seattle washington
    Posts
    3,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    It really shouldn't. They have a ton of cruisers that have no place to with 205 being gone.
    205Live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

  6. #13791
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, it would simply be a matter of WWE finally deciding to release a couple people that wanted to be released.

    I wonder if this is an indicator that WWE is maybe slightly less worried about AEW now than they might have been a few months ago. Not that they ever had a whole lot of reason to be legitimately worried in the first place.
    I saw Cultaholic posit that they're letting these guys go so they'll have more money to entice people they actually care about to stay.

  7. #13792
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    seattle washington
    Posts
    3,754
    Last edited by steve2275; 12-09-2019 at 10:56 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

  8. #13793
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    Boo, they need to recognize all of the 20something nWo members at some point. (Including nWo Japan!)

  9. #13794
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    They were the Dark Order before the Dark Order. They had the benefit of a really hot vignette in NXT, and they were pushed and presented well.

    I could see them in the NWA in faux road warriors gimmick.
    Honestly I think the only cool thing about the Dark Order is the vignettes. If they had only debuted them AFTER those vignettes, I think Dark Order could be pretty cool.

    Maybe the Asesnion is in the same boat. I never saw their NXT vignettes. Just saw them at the tail end of their NXT run before going to the main roster. They didn't wow me personally.

  10. #13795
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    9,539

    Default



    Jericho is on a creative roll right now.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  11. #13796
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    AEW hasn't done the best in acquiring just good hands.

    Jimmy Havoc,Avalon,Stunt,Cutler,Janela,and Marshall are just a waste of money.

    They could really use an Eli Drake or a James Storm to cut a promo that can carry feud.They could use a couple of hot heads like Aries and Low Ki. Some blue chippers like Davey Boy Smith,Jeff Cobb,and Marty Martinez.
    I do think the roster is somewhat more shallow than I would expect given the resources AEW seems to have. How that Stunt guy can get on national TV as often as he does when there's a much available talent out there is kina surprising.

  12. #13797
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    7,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    AEW hasn't done the best in acquiring just good hands.

    Jimmy Havoc,Avalon,Stunt,Cutler,Janela,and Marshall are just a waste of money.

    They could really use an Eli Drake or a James Storm to cut a promo that can carry feud.They could use a couple of hot heads like Aries and Low Ki. Some blue chippers like Davey Boy Smith,Jeff Cobb,and Marty Martinez.
    Marshall works as a producer for AEW. He isn't there to be a wrestler.

  13. #13798
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    They were the Dark Order before the Dark Order. They had the benefit of a really hot vignette in NXT, and they were pushed and presented well.

    I could see them in the NWA in faux road warriors gimmick.
    yep. don't judge them for what the main roster did to them. remember when ricc was cool or allester wasn't always in a dark room?

  14. #13799
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Batista wants Fit Finlay to be the one to induct him

  15. #13800
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    7,515

    Default

    NWO having four inductees is criminal. Induct all 20+ guys. I want Konnan, NWO Sting, Steiner, Virgil, Bischoff to get rings. Throw in NWO Japan while your at it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •