Page 685 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1855856356756816826836846856866876886896957357851185 ... LastLast
Results 10,261 to 10,275 of 19298

WTF was the point of that?
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

To harken back to the days of squash matches on raw....I thought that was obvious

A jobber main evented Raw.... JD is gonna have a field day with this mess.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who

Extraordinary Member

There were a few good moments, but overall that was poorly done.

Like, it was fanservice, but it was badly done fan service

It was just to buy a little good faith but the execution was piss poor. It's basically admitting that things were better 20 years ago and our current roster and show sucks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    It was just to buy a little good faith but the execution was piss poor. It's basically admitting that things were better 20 years ago and our current roster and show sucks.
    The roster's not the problem...

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by steve2275; 07-23-2019 at 03:48 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I think the issue is less that it was necessarily better, but rather that in the eyes of many it's perceived as better through rose colored glasses. The attitude era became this almost mytical time in wrestling history and deservedly so... but I think people overtime have tended to gloss over it's short comings.

Plus RAW was just 2 hours. If RAW was 3 hours back then, or if RAW today was just 2 hours, I think the playing field would be a bit more level. Not that I didn't love the Monday Night Wars... but again I think people tend to look back on it more favorably than it actually was.

Ultimate Member

The 24/7 stuff was fun, although shame on you WWE for not making Carmella the first women 24/7 champion, that would have made perfect sense. The callbacks with the legends were actually done pretty well.

But overall, it was a mess, like I expected it to be. It also shows how little faith WWE has in their actual full-time roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The 24/7 stuff was fun, although shame on you WWE for not making Carmella the first women 24/7 champion, that would have made perfect sense. The callbacks with the legends were actually done pretty well.

But overall, it was a mess, like I expected it to be. It also shows how little faith WWE has in their actual full-time roster.
    I can buy them holding back on Carmella turning on truth, because it's a fun combo that think benefits both. I don't think you necessarily want to have them turn on each other until their relationship has run it's course.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

the show was entertaining at points but it was a patch over a greater problem. the only person who really benefited from last night was bray and only because mick is that dude.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the show was entertaining at points but it was a patch over a greater problem. the only person who really benefited from last night was bray and only because mick is that dude.
    Ricochet COULD have benefited from that show, if his injury didn't get him swapped out by Seth. That could have been a main event level spot for him. Seth worked just as well, but Seth arguably didn't need it.

Ultimate Member

DX giving Ricochet the rub could have been huge for him. And he could have used it more actually, since Seth is already a top guy as it is.

Extraordinary Member

They should have had more of the Legends wrestle. I know Most of them are too old, but some of them can still go, and a tag match could have buoyed them up.

Have Drew or Joe wrestle Cena and get a Victory to build them up.

Have the Club do a 6 man against DX and Seth/whoever

Do a Battle Royale with the guys who can still take a bump over the Ropes.

Some thing beyond interruptions and cameos

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    DX giving Ricochet the rub could have been huge for him. And he could have used it more actually, since Seth is already a top guy as it is.
    Yeah, benefits of the rub aside I'll wager Ricochet is bummed that he missed out on a segment which essentially amounted to a stand off between DX/nWo and the Bullet Club. That's something you can tell your grandkids about.