Page 406 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416456506906 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 19298
    Extraordinary Member

Joe eliminated! only Orton left

Extraordinary Member

Kofi wins!

Extraordinary Member

And Vince adds Bryan to the match at the last minute

Extraordinary Member

Bryan pins Kofi

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The crowd was legitimately pissed. WWE stuck gold on this Kofi story.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The crowd was legitimately pissed. WWE stuck gold on this Kofi story.
    It definately makes for great TV. Ali getting injured was literally the best thing to happen to Smackdown in years.

Ultimate Member

Vince having the babyface champions lose going into Mania, yeah what else is new. Lord WWE sucks at booking babyfaces well.

Sorry, but I'm bored with the Kofi stuff. Kofi's trying, but I'm sick of the "evil Vince trying to screw over babyfaces for petty reasons" story. It's been done so much for so long that it's just stale. So wake me up if/when Kofi actually gets into the Mania match, because I'm done with the "swerves" now.

Becky and Charlotte still have good chemistry, but having them brawl for the 1,000th time is getting boring as well. Also Becky still selling a limp (albeit a slight one), just end the injury thing already WWE.

Also WWE proving once again low little they care about Asuka.

The Miz's promo was really good however. He's doing surprisingly well as a babyface.

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by steve2275; 03-20-2019 at 12:09 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

And also, and I keep pointing this out, a few months ago Vince, Shane, Steph, and Triple H all got in that ring and promises a "New Era." No more Authority, the fans were the Authority, things would change, blah blah blah. And it turned out, that was a total and complete LIE because nothing has changed. Hell if anything, they've doubled down on the "same old same old," so why should I trust them now? Simple question?

It's a pity because I DO like Kofi and always have and Kofi as WWE champion has been something that I've been championing for awhile now. But they could have just used the "he's facing DB, one of the best wrestlers alive today, and he has Rowan backing him up" if they wanted to make Kofi an "underdog." Bring "evil Vince" back into it just makes me start to lose interest straight away.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Vince having the babyface champions lose going into Mania, yeah what else is new. Lord WWE sucks at booking babyfaces well.

Sorry, but I'm bored with the Kofi stuff. Kofi's trying, but I'm sick of the "evil Vince trying to screw over babyfaces for petty reasons" story. It's been done so much for so long that it's just stale. So wake me up if/when Kofi actually gets into the Mania match, because I'm done with the "swerves" now.

Becky and Charlotte still have good chemistry, but having them brawl for the 1,000th time is getting boring as well. Also Becky still selling a limp (albeit a slight one), just end the injury thing already WWE.

Also WWE proving once again low little they care about Asuka.

The Miz's promo was really good however. He's doing surprisingly well as a babyface.
    I think they are hitting the Kofi stuff out of the park. There is heavy emotional investment by the fans and the New Day that makes it all work. Helps that Kofi hasn't been made to look weak at all. The only thing I question is the New Day not being more involved. I understand that they were barred from ring side for the gauntlet but the other faces weren't. The Usos, the Hardys, Ali could have lend a helping hand when Rowan and Joe killed Kofi.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    And also, and I keep pointing this out, a few months ago Vince, Shane, Steph, and Triple H all got in that ring and promises a "New Era." No more Authority, the fans were the Authority, things would change, blah blah blah. And it turned out, that was a total and complete LIE because nothing has changed. Hell if anything, they've doubled down on the "same old same old," so why should I trust them now? Simple question?

It's a pity because I DO like Kofi and always have and Kofi as WWE champion has been something that I've been championing for awhile now. But they could have just used the "he's facing DB, one of the best wrestlers alive today, and he has Rowan backing him up" if they wanted to make Kofi an "underdog." Bring "evil Vince" back into it just makes me start to lose interest straight away.
    Was it a lie? Kofi was a last minute substitute going into Wrestlemania when clearly the original plans didn't involve him at all, and now he basically is going into Wrestlemania. Yes, the STORYLINE right now is that the authority is preventing him from going to Wrestlemania but in actuality they basically changed plans to give fans what they want. They are basically making it LOOK LIKE they're not giving the fans what they want to get heat on the angle, but essentially they're giving fans exactly what they want on a silver platter.

And honestly I think they are doing a pretty darn amazing job in building this feud up. Kofi is being made to look like a freaking star here by getting massive amounts of screen time and putting amazing performances which are getting the fans totally invested.

You complained earlier that the face was being made to lose going into Wrestlemania. But I would argue they're actually putting Kofi over in that he only lost to Daniel Bryan after beating Shemus, Cesaro, Rowen, Joe, and Orton. They are basically establishing his credibility as a top singles star in one night. He freaking beat every top heel on Smackdown except one... and they're saving that for Wrestlemania.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think they are hitting the Kofi stuff out of the park. There is heavy emotional investment by the fans and the New Day that makes it all work. Helps that Kofi hasn't been made to look weak at all. The only thing I question is the New Day not being more involved. I understand that they were barred from ring side for the gauntlet but the other faces weren't. The Usos, the Hardys, Ali could have lend a helping hand when Rowan and Joe killed Kofi.
    That's the booking problem of a face stable. The New Day almost always has the numbers advantage against any single wrestle or even tag team they face. Ideally in most booking situations you want the reverse as it just works better when the bad guys pose a greater threat to the faces, but with New Day you often just have to ignore their numbers advantage just because.

They tried to cover it up by having Vince say they are bared from ringside, with Graves even hammering in the point that if they come out they risk Kofi getting DQed. But technically yes, immediately after Rowen used the chair and Joe got pinned, I would think they legally should have been able to come out. WWE probably should have shorted the illegal stuff a BIT just so they can at least say New Day didn't have time to come out. Have the feel do one vicious attack, then bring out the next guy.

Astonishing Member

For petty reasons? The commentary and the story that their telling is (with less and less subtlety with Saxon's commentary) is that Vince McMahon is a racist. The story is Kofi's fight against Institutionalized racism. WWE's Instagram is going off with everyone calling them racist (pointing out the lack of black world champs, etc)

I'm actually shocked that Vince has ok'd this storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    For petty reasons? The commentary and the story that their telling is (with less and less subtlety with Saxon's commentary) is that Vince McMahon is a racist. The story is Kofi's fight against Institutionalized racism. WWE's Instagram is going off with everyone calling them racist (pointing out the lack of black world champs, etc)

I'm actually shocked that Vince has ok'd this storyline.
    Vince is okay with it, because he knows that outside a small handful of people on social media allowing themselves to get worked, everyone else knows this is just a storyline and Vince is in fact PUSHING Kofi towards the world title and the main event.

Yes, the character Vince is holding Kofi down. But the actual Vince booked Kofi to defeat almost every major heel on the brand as a storybuild to him winning the WWE title at Wrestlemania. People getting wrapped up in the fiction is fine, because it'll just mean a bigger pay off in the end.

Ultimate Member

If you like it fine. Me I'm just not watching the Kofi segments from here until Mania (like I don't watch Brock segments). Sorry, but I'm THAT tired of the "evil Vince" crap. And I'm that tired of babyfaces being made to lose going into big Matches (Sasha and Bayley here, Seth on Monday, Becky only "winning" at Fastlane because of Ronda, etc).

And yes, the whole "New Era" speech that they gave WAS a lie, because NOTHING has changed since then.