Page 407 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 307357397403404405406407408409410411417457507907 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,105 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    If you like it fine. Me I'm just not watching the Kofi segments from here until Mania (like I don't watch Brock segments). Sorry, but I'm THAT tired of the "evil Vince" crap. And I'm that tired of babyfaces being made to lose going into big Matches (Sasha and Bayley here, Seth on Monday, Becky only "winning" at Fastlane because of Ronda, etc).

And yes, the whole "New Era" speech that they gave WAS a lie, because NOTHING has changed since then.
    Again, Kofi only lost to Bryan after beating Shemus, Cesaro, Rowen, Joe, and Orton back to back. It was probably the best freaking night of his career (short of Wrestlemania). I don't think you could have given him a bigger push in one night short of spoiling the Wrestlemania title match

I think you're allowing yourself to get worked a little too hard here. The authority, despite what the narrative is telling you, is in fact listening to the fans by pushing the hell out of Kofi into the world title scene at Wrestlemania.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Again, Kofi only lost to Bryan after beating Shemus, Cesaro, Rowen, Joe, and Orton back to back. It was probably the best freaking night of his career (short of Wrestlemania). I don't think you could have given him a bigger push in one night short of spoiling the Wrestlemania title match

I think you're allowing yourself to get worked a little too hard here. The authority, despite what the narrative is telling you, is in fact listening to the fans by pushing the hell out of Kofi into the world title scene at Wrestlemania.
    He's not getting worked. While I'm enjoying the Kofi angle it IS repetitive. He's tired of the repetition. Why couldn't Kofi just win the gauntlet and move on to WrestleMania? It didn't need a screw job finish. Kofi could have gotten his shot and focus on Bryan and Kofi for the two weeks they have left. WWE has the need to make like every babyface an underdog. Just a few weeks ago we were talking about just how close this was to the current angle they are running with Becky. WWE is being a one trick pony when it comes to establishing top face.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He's not getting worked. While I'm enjoying the Kofi angle it IS repetitive. He's tired of the repetition. Why couldn't Kofi just win the gauntlet and move on to WrestleMania? It didn't need a screw job finish. Kofi could have gotten his shot and focus on Bryan and Kofi for the two weeks they have left. WWE has the need to make like every babyface an underdog. Just a few weeks ago we were talking about just how close this was to the current angle they are running with Becky. WWE is being a one trick pony when it comes to establishing top face.
    Sure, they could have cut to the chase. Kofi could have simply been given the match at WM after Fastlane, and they could do the same sort of angles you normally do to build a match. They'd probably have an interview segment on the KO show which leads to a brawl, and probably get a couple matches with Rowan and members of the New Day without side interference. Nothing wrong with that.

But the Gauntlet match IMO at least was just more epic. They're able to do something different than every other feud, because the angle has the audience in the palm of it's hand. It's making him a bigger star by having him earn the shot by going through every top heel in the roster, as opposed to simply giving him the match.

Ultimately I think it's making for some darn good TV. The reaction from the crowd tells the tell. And yes the crowd would have reaction to simply a promo about Kofi getting the title shot, but IMO not to the degree we got last night.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sure, they could have cut to the chase. Kofi could have simply been given the match at WM after Fastlane, and they could do the same sort of angles you normally do to build a match. They'd probably have an interview segment on the KO show which leads to a brawl, and probably get a couple matches with Rowan and members of the New Day without side interference. Nothing wrong with that.

But the Gauntlet match IMO at least was just more epic. They're able to do something different than every other feud, because the angle has the audience in the palm of it's hand. It's making him a bigger star by having him earn the shot by going through every top heel in the roster, as opposed to simply giving him the match.

Ultimately I think it's making for some darn good TV. The reaction from the crowd tells the tell. And yes the crowd would have reaction to simply a promo about Kofi getting the title shot, but IMO not to the degree we got last night.
    I'm not against the gauntlet but the finish to it. The company just couldn't give the fans a hope spot. They are dragging their feet with this when they don't have the time for it. Mania is in two weeks. Give Kofi the match already and move to the next phase.

I'm not against the gauntlet but the finish to it. The company just couldn't give the fans a hope spot. They are dragging their feet with this when they don't have the time for it. Mania is in two weeks. Give Kofi the match already and move to the next phase.
    The thing that doesn't bother me is there isn't much need for a next phase. What else would they do except just have the match? Kofi's already massively over with the crowd, he's already pinned Bryan a couple times, he's been established as a plausible contender, Bryan's already cut a few promos on it, and Kofi's already done solid promos about why this is so important to him. It's not like they need a few weeks to hype it up or anything, this has been building since post Elimination Chamber.

If they didn't pull shenanigans yesterday all they'd be doing is cutting promos, and maybe have a couple brawls that security would break up.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Realistically 99% of the fans don't need a hope spot because they know he basically is already in WM. Stuff like the gauntlet is just there for the sake of creating content between now and then. Thats all this is. Content.

Big E really playing up to the racial angle of the program
    https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/1...027263488?s=09

Astonishing Member

I think they haven't "locked in" the match because there could end up being a way that Kofi has to earn his way into the match at Wrestlemania. (Maybe the New Day or something will have to end up winning a match too)

Ultimate Member

I'm sick of WWE's inability to book a babyface who isn't an "underdog." Seriously all three of their top faces right now are being booked that way, they DO NOT know how to book faces any other way, it's obvious at this point.

Just like, when they struck gold with the Austin vs. McMahon stuff, they spent the next 20+ years running that idea into the ground. Well now it's "we struck gold with Daniel Bryan going into WrestleMania 30, so lets book EVERY babyface like that from now on." And they've run that into the ground at this point for me as well. Becky, Kofi, and Seth are all "underdogs" and cliché "WWE underdogs" at that, and lord is it getting tiresome.

And the worst part is, given WWE's track record, there's no guarantee that there will even be a good payoff for it all in the end. We just did this same basic thing a few weeks ago with Becky, enough with the "evil authority figure" stuff, and enough with dragging out even MAKING the match for as long as possible (doing that did nothing to help the Becky storyline either). And enough with the McMahon's shoving themselves into every story.

So if by "getting worked" they mean "probably skipping Kofi segments from now until Mania because the story bores me" then sure, I'm getting "worked." But that's probably not the kind of "worked" that WWE is going for.

I'm sick of WWE's inability to book a babyface who isn't an "underdog." Seriously all three of their top faces right now are being booked that way, they DO NOT know how to book faces any other way, it's obvious at this point.

Just like, when they struck gold with the Austin vs. McMahon stuff, they spent the next 20+ years running that idea into the ground. Well now it's "we struck gold with Daniel Bryan going into WrestleMania 30, so lets book EVERY babyface like that from now on." And they've run that into the ground at this point for me as well. Becky, Kofi, and Seth are all "underdogs" and cliché "WWE underdogs" at that, and lord is it getting tiresome.

And the worst part is, given WWE's track record, there's no guarantee that there will even be a good payoff for it all in the end. We just did this same basic thing a few weeks ago with Becky, enough with the "evil authority figure" stuff, and enough with dragging out even MAKING the match for as long as possible (doing that did nothing to help the Becky storyline either). And enough with the McMahon's shoving themselves into every story.

So if by "getting worked" they mean "probably skipping Kofi segments from now until Mania because the story bores me" then sure, I'm getting "worked." But that's probably not the kind of "worked" that WWE is going for.
    Whatever the WWE is going for, they seem to be getting it. I at least didn't get the sense that the crowd was overly bored during the Gauntlet match. I think it had their attention.

Point being, it seems to be working pretty well. Obviously you're not a fan and that's cool... but I'd still argue from a reasonably objective standpoint that WWE is thus far knocked it out of the ball park as far as Kofi's Wrestlemania push.

Xavier Woods thinking about quitting and forming a game studio
    https://twitter.com/XavierWoodsPhD/s...41945490116608

The build for this angle getting crazy.

Astonishing Member

I was reading a thread on Reddit written by mostly black fans who are being deeply moved by this storyline. So it's hitting hard for some and many people are looking forward to the big payoff.

Ultimate Member

Also I will never get WWE's obsession with having all of their champions and top contenders lose going into Mania. Seth lost on Raw, Bayley and Sasha lost in their SDL debut as champs, Joe lost via lame roll-up, Kofi lost again, etc. Can we just, stop doing this please?

Also I will never get WWE's obsession with having all of their champions and top contenders lose going into Mania. Seth lost on Raw, Bayley and Sasha lost in their SDL debut as champs, Joe lost via lame roll-up, Kofi lost again, etc. Can we just, stop doing this please?
    It's not just a WWE thing. Flair would almost always lose to build up his opponents for big PPV title matches. Basically that's the only reason non title matches exist.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    The thing that doesn't bother me is there isn't much need for a next phase. What else would they do except just have the match? Kofi's already massively over with the crowd, he's already pinned Bryan a couple times, he's been established as a plausible contender, Bryan's already cut a few promos on it, and Kofi's already done solid promos about why this is so important to him. It's not like they need a few weeks to hype it up or anything, this has been building since post Elimination Chamber.

If they didn't pull shenanigans yesterday all they'd be doing is cutting promos, and maybe have a couple brawls that security would break up.
    When you are going to do the predictable, it's always best to throw in as many swerves as possible. Just to let the hardcore audience feel suspense for awhile.

You know the hero is going to win at the end of the story, but the suspense is in the how.

Let's just all hope they don't Booker T it.