Page 1202 of 1245 FirstFirst ... 2027021102115211921198119912001201120212031204120512061212 ... LastLast
Results 18,016 to 18,030 of 18671
  1. #18016
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'll blame Moolah for fucking up women's wrestling as a whole as that was the model WWE followed for decades. Say what you want about WWE having "ruined" women's wrestling but they had it at the very least. WCW and ECW had no women wrestling to speak of. Neither did TNA in their early years.
    Yeah, that's the thing. On a national level (in the US at least) there was basically no womans wrestling to F up.

    WWE at least had it, though it was really really bad. But what the WWE DID do was create stars. Sunny, Sable, Chyna... they created women who legitimately became draws. Many of them couldn't actually wrestle well but were still put in matches, and I think that ultimately evolved into the womens wrestling we had today.

    TNA deserves a lot of credit for womans wrestling (more than it usually gets), but even it probably wouldn't have had the Knock Out division it had if the WWE didn't keep womans wrestling alive on a national level for as long as it did.

  2. #18017
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,569

    Default

    NXT:

    Rhea vs. Dakota was really good, and the finish made sense and I expected it. Io vs. Dakota and Rhea vs. Mercedes Martinez should be a banger match.

    The tag title match and Lee vs. Grimes were both fun.

    The triple threat was really good, and I'm liking tweener Damien Priest.

    I think we just saw Adam Cole's face turn.

  3. #18018

    Default

    So why am I supposed to care about Football guy on NXT? Why do I have to sit through a Takeover match with him when there are countless other wrestlers that can't get on the card?

    Oh, yeah. That five minutes of coverage on ESPN and TMZ will bump up the ratings. Just look at Gronk. Oh....wait....
    Last Read: Oldboy vol. 5

    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman/Superman, Daredevil, The Flash, Legion of Superheroes, Runaways, Shazam!, Strange Adventures, Superman, Young Justice

  4. #18019
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    So why am I supposed to care about Football guy on NXT? Why do I have to sit through a Takeover match with him when there are countless other wrestlers that can't get on the card?

    Oh, yeah. That five minutes of coverage on ESPN and TMZ will bump up the ratings. Just look at Gronk. Oh....wait....
    They only need a small boost to try and beat AEW!

  5. #18020
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    So why am I supposed to care about Football guy on NXT? Why do I have to sit through a Takeover match with him when there are countless other wrestlers that can't get on the card?

    Oh, yeah. That five minutes of coverage on ESPN and TMZ will bump up the ratings. Just look at Gronk. Oh....wait....
    Pat doesn't bother me. He has done a lot of NXT work already.

  6. #18021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Pat doesn't bother me. He has done a lot of NXT work already.
    When? I've been watching NXT weekly since it started airing off the network and I never remember seeing him before.
    Last Read: Oldboy vol. 5

    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman/Superman, Daredevil, The Flash, Legion of Superheroes, Runaways, Shazam!, Strange Adventures, Superman, Young Justice

  7. #18022
    Mighty Member Steroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    When? I've been watching NXT weekly since it started airing off the network and I never remember seeing him before.
    He usually does the Takeover kickoff shows.

  8. #18023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    He usually does the Takeover kickoff shows.
    Ah, ok. I don't watch the kickoff shows so that must be why I don't know him.

    Still seems like a waste of Cole, though.
    Last Read: Oldboy vol. 5

    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman/Superman, Daredevil, The Flash, Legion of Superheroes, Runaways, Shazam!, Strange Adventures, Superman, Young Justice

  9. #18024
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,701

    Default

    Tyson Kidd is training in the ring again.
    https://twitter.com/MahaIicia/status...63756774404096

  10. #18025
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Ah, ok. I don't watch the kickoff shows so that must be why I don't know him.

    Still seems like a waste of Cole, though.
    It's a quick way to Babyface him without changing his character.

    Tyson Kidd wrestling again would be some much needed sunshine to this dreary time.

  11. #18026
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,701

    Default

    Predictably AEW heels is getting torn to shreds. Not even the stans are defending it. Brandi deleted her tweeter over the backlash.

  12. #18027
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,569

    Default

    I like the idea in theory. But:

    1. It seems pretty pricey, especially during these times.

    2. It comes across as rather hypocritical given how little they do with their women's division on Dynamite. I mean the women got like FIVE MINUTES top this week, and it was a comedy segment.

  13. #18028
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I like the idea in theory. But:

    1. It seems pretty pricey, especially during these times.

    2. It comes across as rather hypocritical given how little they do with their women's division on Dynamite. I mean the women got like FIVE MINUTES top this week, and it was a comedy segment.
    I don't like the idea because she's charging for what amounts to a private Discord channel.

  14. #18029
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't like the idea because she's charging for what amounts to a private Discord channel.
    It's no different from the various "fan club" type things back in the day growing up. But I agree that the women's division has no exposure/press as it is, how do you expect fans to pay $49 for some of the basic things?

    Charging is an easy way to vet the membership from being crashed by men and trolls.

    That said, Diva Dirt does a pretty good job at being a home to fans of women's wrestling.

  15. #18030
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    It's no different from the various "fan club" type things back in the day growing up. But I agree that the women's division has no exposure/press as it is, how do you expect fans to pay $49 for some of the basic things?

    Charging is an easy way to vet the membership from being crashed by men and trolls.

    That said, Diva Dirt does a pretty good job at being a home to fans of women's wrestling.
    Fan club will offer discounts, exclusive merch, exclusive deals, stuff of that nature. Brandi wants $50 for something anyone can easily do by creating a discord channel.

    Also before Brandi nuked her Twitter she said heels are for females fans not women's wrestling.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 08-07-2020 at 05:08 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •