Page 1047 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 475479479971037104310441045104610471048104910501051105710971147 ... LastLast
Results 15,691 to 15,705 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Titus O'Neil's expression was perfect after the funhouse match lol. "I don't know what I just saw" lol. I guess the 2 stand out matches were funhouse and graveyard. I think Cena and Bray are better actors than Taker and A.J. Even tho Taker looked better than he has in years.

Brock vs Drew was expected. We know "event" wrestlers like Brock don't go more than 10 minutes. All the matches were pretty decent. Only thing that annoyed me was Charlotte winning again. Damn good match but seriously...I also think the way Becky won was kinda corny. Another happy accident roll-up c'mon.
    I suspect Becky winning with a roll up was a way to extend her feud with Shayna despite Becky cleanly winning 1-2-3. Because honestly Becky has no credible threats on the RAW roster whatsoever now that Charlotte is going to NXT... so giving Shayna at least one more shot might be worth their time at least until they build someone else up who can come close to being a threat to Becky. Or maybe if Nia comes back.. that works too.

That said, I do think Shayna loses a bit too often the exact same way. I think she's been beaten exactly that way 2-3 times.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I'm not as big a critic of Brock as a lot of people here (I thought his usage at the Rumble for example was perfect), I think the WWE has pretty much done all they can with him.

At this point the ONLY reason to continue to pay the guy millions is to keep him out of AEW... and that might not be worth it at this point if WWE (like everyone else) is hurting financially due to the present situation. I think WWE might be willing to let Brock go at this point.

But if they don't, then he's always going to have value as a special attraction. He's still the most believable, credible, dominant superstar in WWE modern history at least (and possibly of all time). He's someone that in moderation will always be a draw. Him vs Bobby Lashley or Alastair Black or Keith Lee can headline any PPV in any arena on earth. Even if we KNOW the match itself will probably suck.
    Use him like later Undertaker. Taker very rarely held the belt, but he was an attraction just by virtue of being Undertaker. Any match he bad was a big deal. Do something similar with Brock.

Extraordinary Member

I suspect Becky winning with a roll up was a way to extend her feud with Shayna despite Becky cleanly winning 1-2-3. Because honestly Becky has no credible threats on the RAW roster whatsoever now that Charlotte is going to NXT... so giving Shayna at least one more shot might be worth their time at least until they build someone else up who can come close to being a threat to Becky. Or maybe if Nia comes back.. that works too.

That said, I do think Shayna loses a bit too often the exact same way. I think she's been beaten exactly that way 2-3 times.
    Ah, I think it would have made for a more interesting feud if Becky lost and had to get the title back. Shayna looks a lot less threatening now and after that monster build up...

Ultimate Member

The fact that both of Becky's Mania wins have come via roll up, yet Charlotte always gets to tap her opponent out, is even more irritating.

As for Shayna, she's been beaten at least three times in title matches that way. Ember and Kairi both beat her the same way in NXT. It kind pf makes her look stupid at this point TBH.

Though I'm not as big a critic of Brock as a lot of people here (I thought his usage at the Rumble for example was perfect), I think the WWE has pretty much done all they can with him.

At this point the ONLY reason to continue to pay the guy millions is to keep him out of AEW... and that might not be worth it at this point if WWE (like everyone else) is hurting financially due to the present situation. I think WWE might be willing to let Brock go at this point.

But if they don't, then he's always going to have value as a special attraction. He's still the most believable, credible, dominant superstar in WWE modern history at least (and possibly of all time). He's someone that in moderation will always be a draw. Him vs Bobby Lashley or Alastair Black or Keith Lee can headline any PPV in any arena on earth. Even if we KNOW the match itself will probably suck.
    AEW is not going to waste big money on a guy who is Only going to work 5 times a year.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Ah, I think it would have made for a more interesting feud if Becky lost and had to get the title back. Shayna looks a lot less threatening now and after that monster build up...
    Yeah, I personally would have had Becky lose. Build Shayna as a monster heel that Becky has to chase and win the title back.

Of course Shayna can still beat Becky down the line, but Shayna will never be the threat she was prior to Wrestlemania now that Beckys already beaten her clean in their first match. Shayna will always be the underdog against Becky because of it, so the drama is somewhat neutered there.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The fact that both of Becky's Mania wins have come via roll up, yet Charlotte always gets to tap her opponent out, is even more irritating.

As for Shayna, she's been beaten at least three times in title matches that way. Ember and Kairi both beat her the same way in NXT. It kind pf makes her look stupid at this point TBH.
    The roll up is the most devastating move in all of wrestling. No shame in winning matches with it.

Ultimate Member

Asuka vs. Liv-Was really good. Asuka needed the win, but Liv looked great here, damn she's improved so much. Keep pushing her WWE.

Aleister vs. Crews-This was awesome. Both guys look badass. They really should use Crews more. He'd be a solid midcard guy.

The Street Profits/Bianca/Zelina's Angels thing went on too long. But it was fun. Garza, Bianca, Zelina, and Montez are all charisma machines. Also Becky vs. Bianca, make it happen WWE.

The KO, Seth stuff was good.

Nia was, as unimpressive as ever.

Charlotte was, the weakest part of the show. She cut the same freaking promo that she always does, still is doing the wannabe Ric stuff, and Charlotte, you yourself said that you needed the title to "make you." WWE really cannot think of anything new to do with her. I'm so glad that another up and comer had their momentum stomped on, for this.

I'm not exactly sure what the point of the ME was, but it was a solid match. Big Show had a better match than Brock and Goldberg did at Mania, and the right guy won.

Overall, pretty enjoyable.

dusting off the Big Slow for the Main Event. lol

Asuka vs. Liv-Was really good. Asuka needed the win, but Liv looked great here, damn she's improved so much. Keep pushing her WWE.

Aleister vs. Crews-This was awesome. Both guys look badass. They really should use Crews more. He'd be a solid midcard guy.

The Street Profits/Bianca/Zelina's Angels thing went on too long. But it was fun. Garza, Bianca, Zelina, and Montez are all charisma machines. Also Becky vs. Bianca, make it happen WWE.

The KO, Seth stuff was good.

Nia was, as unimpressive as ever.

Charlotte was, the weakest part of the show. She cut the same freaking promo that she always does, still is doing the wannabe Ric stuff, and Charlotte, you yourself said that you needed the title to "make you." WWE really cannot think of anything new to do with her. I'm so glad that another up and comer had their momentum stomped on, for this.

I'm not exactly sure what the point of the ME was, but it was a solid match. Big Show had a better match than Brock and Goldberg did at Mania, and the right guy won.

Overall, pretty enjoyable.
    Both Rhea and Basler got their momentum stomped by the established top tier of the womans divisions (Becky and Charlotte). That said, because of who they were wrestling against I don't think the loses really hurt either of them too much. And I think its possible both can get their wins back at some point.

Charlotte likely won't stay in NXT forever... someone will likely beat her for the belt so she can return to the RAW brand full time. And the odds on favorite for that is probably still Rhea. And Becky has held that title for a LONG time... long to the point where it frankly isn't doing her or the belt any good around her waist at this point. So it's not hard to imagine Shayna beating Becky for the title in a rematch.

Ultimate Member

It wasn't needed though, especially with Rhea. And judging by tonight, it's the same old crap with Charlotte, nothing new or interesting.

Thing is, I'm totally cool with Charlotte in NXT. But why does she need the belt to "make an impact?" Austin didn't always need to title to be a big star, nor Rock, nor HBK, nor Bret, nor Jericho, nor Undertaker, nor Trish, nor Lita, etc. But with Charlotte, she always needs to be there apparently? And some of the same fans who claim that other women "don't need it" defend her constantly being at the top at the same time.

If Charlotte's as great as some claim, then why can't she make an impact in NXT without needing the title? Or undercutting another up and comers momentum?

And if Io or Dakota, or Tegan, etc win that ladder match just to lose to Charlotte, WWE deserves whatever backlash they get.

It wasn't needed though, especially with Rhea. And judging by tonight, it's the same old crap with Charlotte, nothing new or interesting.

Thing is, I'm totally cool with Charlotte in NXT. But why does she need the belt to "make an impact?" Austin didn't always need to title to be a big star, nor Rock, nor HBK, nor Bret, nor Jericho, nor Undertaker, nor Trish, nor Lita, etc. But with Charlotte, she always needs to be there apparently? And some of the same fans who claim that other women "don't need it" defend her constantly being at the top at the same time.

If Charlotte's as great as some claim, then why can't she make an impact in NXT without needing the title? Or undercutting another up and comers momentum?

And if Io or Dakota, or Tegan, etc win that ladder match just to lose to Charlotte, WWE deserves whatever backlash they get.
    In all fairness, I don't think Charlotte always needs the title to b a big star either. She really hasn't held a title almost a year. And her last title reign didn't even last a week. So I don't think it's THAT unfair for the WWE to consider putting a belt around her waist.

Edit: Hearing Rhea has to go back to Australia because her visa is expiring. Especialy with the potential travel issues going on with the current crisis, putting the belt on Charlotte was probably made the decision to put the belt on Charlotte a bit easier.
    Last edited by XPac; 04-07-2020 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Well, remember, Big Show has a sitcom to promote.

Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    He has a Netflix show, do they probably pulled him out for that.I think he gave a better showing than Brock did.

I'm honestly surprised they gave Black/Apollo that much time. Black's matches are usually short 90% of the time. Not that I mind, as Black is great and Apollo is very underrated. Just surprised me.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans