Page 274 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1742242642702712722732742752762772782843243747741274 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Meltz revealed the details of the deal WWE offered the Elite before the announcement of AEW. Hangman was gotta get main roster money for working NXT and he was gonna be pushed to be the brand's top star. Cody and the Bucks were going straight to the main roster, gotta get paid the same amount of money as AJ Styles, continue Being the Elite as a WWE Network show and were set to debut as soon as the Rumble. All four guys had the option to opt out of their contracts six months into the deal. It's crazy they turned it down. Makes me wonder what they offered Omega.

Astonishing Member

I'm glad those deals didn't happen for multiple reasons.

Hangman is a great talent but Velveteen Dream should be NXT's top star. Don't think it would be fair for Hangman to come in and have him bypass everybody who's been putting in the hard work.

Cody and the Young Bucks getting the same pay as AJ Styles is crazy. I like Cody but I don't see him on the same level as AJ Styles. Young Bucks are super talented but given the Tag Team Division is in all sorts of chaos I don't see them shining as much as they could.

If these deals are true, Omega's deal must have been ridiculous.

Considering Jericho got an amazing deal, that tells me Omega is being offered truckloads. We also know that WWE offered Jericho a truckload but he wanted a "one last run into the sunset" & "build new faces" deal. He didn't want the money. He walked because he wanted to be the man and build up the next generation.

Tokyo Sports says the latest Omega deal is the first ever long-term deal for NJPW and it is the largest amount of money they've ever offered anybody.

Kenny has till the 31st.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-11-2019 at 12:54 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Considering Jericho got an amazing deal, that tells me Omega is being offered truckloads. We also know that WWE offered Jericho a truckload but he wanted a "one last run into the sunset" & "build new faces" deal. He didn't want the money. He walked because he wanted to be the man and build up the next generation.

Tokyo Sports says the latest Omega deal is the first ever long-term deal for NJPW and it is the largest amount of money they've ever offered anybody.

Kenny has till the 31st.
    Jericho's AEW deal seems pretty good. He's able to wrestle in NJPW and do his cruise as well.

NJPW must have a lot of plans for Omega. Not sure if a long-term deal is the best way to go about that though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Meltz revealed the details of the deal WWE offered the Elite before the announcement of AEW. Hangman was gotta get main roster money for working NXT and he was gonna be pushed to be the brand's top star. Cody and the Bucks were going straight to the main roster, gotta get paid the same amount of money as AJ Styles, continue Being the Elite as a WWE Network show and were set to debut as soon as the Rumble. All four guys had the option to opt out of their contracts six months into the deal. It's crazy they turned it down. Makes me wonder what they offered Omega.
    So apparently these unique deals, for Cody, Young Bucks, and Omega, were offered by Triple H throughout 12 hours of discussion. The Young Bucks praised Triple H for how the discussions were going and the deals that were being offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post

Hangman is a great talent but Velveteen Dream should be NXT's top star. Don't think it would be fair for Hangman to come in and have him bypass everybody who's been putting in the hard work.

Cody and the Young Bucks getting the same pay as AJ Styles is crazy. I like Cody but I don't see him on the same level as AJ Styles. Young Bucks are super talented but given the Tag Team Division is in all sorts of chaos I don't see them shining as much as they could.

Velveteen is overrated imo. Fans get so caught up in his gimmick they brush off the fact he's been carried through every match he's been praised for. That's not a someone I want for an NXT top guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post

One of my first thoughts about the Elite coming to the WWE is that it might sort of made the Undisputed Era redundent if/when they come on the main roster. So maybe the WWE creating it's own homegrown variation might be better in the long run for all parties involved, even though seeing the Elite in the WWE could be fun.

Velveteen is overrated imo. Fans get so caught up in his gimmick they brush off the fact he's been carried through every match he's been praised for. That's not a someone I want for an NXT top guy.
    He might be a little overrated, but I still think he's pretty darn good. He's able to more than hold his own against some really good workers and has consistantly produced good stuff. Combined with a gimmick that works (at least in NXT... not sure about the main roster), and I think you've got a guy that at least deserves to be in the conversation.

That said, he probably wouldn't be my personal pick for top guy either.

Sounds like Viacom is making room for a 1 hour live combat sports show on CBS, Tuesdays this fall, at 10PM.

Take that as you will.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

While Velveteen may not be the greatest wrestler, he can certainly perform and keep up with the greats.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    He might be a little overrated, but I still think he's pretty darn good. He's able to more than hold his own against some really good workers and has consistantly produced good stuff. Combined with a gimmick that works (at least in NXT... not sure about the main roster), and I think you've got a guy that at least deserves to be in the conversation.

His gimmick wouldn't work on the main roster because they hardly give anybody time for their character to be developed. Then when they do give people time for their character to be developed, it potentially has way too much of Vince's influence on it. (Pretty much made Asuka a dancing gimmick at one point.)

He'd be my pick for top guy because, as you mentioned, he consistently produces good stuff. He pretty much has that underdog appeal to him as well since he lost to Black, Richochet, and Ciampa.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Dream is like 23. Greener than Romaine lettuce and twice as deadly. He is taking advantage of every opportunity given and making the most of it.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Seeing as it's Da Meltz saying this, I'ma take with the biggest grain of salt I can find.

Astonishing Member

The six month opt out is the one part, I don't buy. 6 months is a blink of an eye in the WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Seeing as it's Da Meltz saying this, I'ma take with the biggest grain of salt I can find.
    When it comes to AEW I would argue that Meltz is an inside guy. He's super cool with the Elite so it's easy for him to get info straight from the source. Tony Khan has been a subscriber of his for 22 years.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA
    The six month opt out is the one part, I don't buy. 6 months is a blink of an eye in the WWE.
    They offer opt outs for guys they really want to sign. Mysterio has an opt out for his current deal.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 01-11-2019 at 07:45 PM.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Honestly, all of it is rather suspect.I saw someone state that Hunter was the one who supposedly negotiated these deals and if so, it'd make him the dumbest person in the WWE. Hangman getting main roster money to be the guy in NXT is kinda ballpark-believable, so I'll leave that one alone. The Bucks and Cody getting AJ money when they haven't done a damn thing when a team like New Day already basically does their shtick on a bigger stage and are already big draws yet don't get AJ money is ridiculous.

And then there's the 6-month opt out thing. If it was a year and a half or so, I could buy it begrudgingly, but six months? Not a chance in Hell, yo.