Page 704 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2046046546947007017027037047057067077087147548041204 ... LastLast
Results 10,546 to 10,560 of 19298
    Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Meh, this was a good Takeover, not a great one. Really liked the first three matches while the last two just did nothing for me. Hopefully, that's the last we'll see of the Gargano/Cole match-up as I was pretty much done with them after the first one.

EDIT: Also, Mauro was fucking INSUFFERABLE tonight. I almost turned off the show during the three-way because of what he was saying during the three-way punchfest part of the match.Easily the worst commentator the WWE has and it's not even close.
    Last edited by Kal-El Summers; 08-10-2019 at 10:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the queen of spades retains.

slow match but had great psychology
    nope
    https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/stat...53930460749825

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zack_Sabre_Jr. vs Kenta (3rd favorite)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Ospreay vs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroshi_Tanahashi (2nd favorite)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kota_Ibushi vs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazuchika_Okada (1st favorite)
    roddy was robbed
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-11-2019 at 12:29 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah the build for most of the matches had been, lacking, to be sure.
    it kind of sickens me that drew mcintyre was used to BUILD to a match with shane. drew should be in the title hunt on 1 of the brands, maybe even holding the title. it's crazy how they've made him so unimportant.

drew vs biff is a match i've seen plenty of times and they always deliver, but those are NOT the guys who will make the CW division look like something special against each other. honestly i don't think either guy should be in the division.

don't even get me started on goldberg vs dolph, and i actually like both of those guys more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Meh, this was a good Takeover, not a great one. Really liked the first three matches while the last two just did nothing for me. Hopefully, that's the last we'll see of the Gargano/Cole match-up as I was pretty much done with them after the first one.

EDIT: Also, Mauro was fucking INSUFFERABLE tonight. I almost turned off the show during the three-way because of what he was saying during the three-way punchfest part of the match.Easily the worst commentator the WWE has and it's not even close.
    uhhhhhh no. very controversial opinion though.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I gotta admit the Rockstar Spud stuff with the 24/7 title was funny to see here. I love how he makes the referee pay for his disguise.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    Not really.

Not really.
    if you say so. I guess everybody agrees mauro is not nearly as good as Byron saxton.

Ultimate Member

-The tag match was a good opener. Glad the Street Profits won.

-Io vs. Candice was easily the MOTN for me. Io finally got to look like the badass that she is, and Candice looked great in defeat as well. Easily the best match that either of them has had in NXT so far.

-The NA Title match was great as well. No surprise there given the three men involved.

-Shayna vs Mia was the weakest match lf the night imo. It wasn't bad per se, but again it REALLY feels like they're out of ideas creatively for Shayna at this point. She REALLY needs to move up and get a fresh start, both for her sake and so that the division can FINALLY move forward. Hunter dragging her title reign out endlessly isn't doing anyone a favors, including her.

-The ME was, fine. But it was the weakest match that these two have had against each other so far imo. And this rivalry should be done now, at least for awhile.

Overall, a pretty good show with some noticeable "meh" moments in there as well.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Your exaggerating. Mauro is not WWE's worst commentator. I'll take cringey pop culture references over Cole not talking like a human being and Byron being a moron.

-Io vs. Candice was easily the MOTN for me. Io finally got to look like the badass that she is, and Candice looked great in defeat as well. Easily the best match that either of them has had in NXT so far.

-The NA Title match was great as well. No surprise there given the three men involved.

-Shayna vs Mia was the weakest match lf the night imo. It wasn't bad per se, but again it REALLY feels like they're out of ideas creatively for Shayna at this point. She REALLY needs to move up and get a fresh start, both for her sake and so that the division can FINALLY move forward. Hunter dragging her title reign out endlessly isn't doing anyone a favors, including her.

-The ME was, fine. But it was the weakest match that these two have had against each other so far imo. And this rivalry should be done now, at least for awhile.

Overall, a pretty good show with some noticeable "meh" moments in there as well.
    I think Shayna is definately ready to be on the main roster (not sure about the other horsewomen, though them being her minions means they don't have to really carry any angles on their own).

I it's probably smart to take their time and wait to bring her up when a spot is actually open for her. I think bringing up people from NXT before the main roster really had anything for them hurt a couple peoples debuts on the main roster.

But I suppose it would be relatively easy to feud her with Becky right out of the gate, since they're all buddies with Ronda. Might wanna save that for Wrestlemania though, if Ronda doesn't come back by that time Shayna can maybe make a descent WM opponent.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Shayna is definately ready to be on the main roster (not sure about the other horsewomen, though them being her minions means they don't have to really carry any angles on their own).

I it's probably smart to take their time and wait to bring her up when a spot is actually open for her. I think bringing up people from NXT before the main roster really had anything for them hurt a couple peoples debuts on the main roster.

But I suppose it would be relatively easy to feud her with Becky right out of the gate, since they're all buddies with Ronda. Might wanna save that for Wrestlemania though, if Ronda doesn't come back by that time Shayna can maybe make a descent WM opponent.
    When have you known WWE to call someone up for the purpose of working a program a mania? Also, that would require long term planning which the company never does.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    When have you known WWE to call someone up for the purpose of working a program a mania? Also, that would require long term planning which the company never does.
    I think for WM main events, they plan them out well in advance. Which isn't to say those plans don't change... I'm pretty sure Ronda was originally schedules to face Charlotte one on one until Becky blew up.

My guess is they would handle her similar to Asuka. Bring her up, have her win the Rumble, and go on to face Becky at WM. She's probably the only woman on the roster right now who Becky would be considered the underdog against (horsewomen have the numbers). But we'll see.

Ultimate Member

Shayna challenging Becky has a ready-made story already as well. Namely her trying to do what her buddy Ronda could not and beat Becky. Plus the NXT Women's Division has felt creatively stagnant for a long time now and until Shayna is gone, or at least not champion anymore, it will continue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I gotta admit the Rockstar Spud stuff with the 24/7 title was funny to see here. I love how he makes the referee pay for his disguise.

While the 24/7 Title has been very entertaining, I don't quite get this whole "Drake still hasn't consummated his marriage" angle. I mean, he can only do it with her if he's champion? And haven't there been a few weeks where he's held the title in between episodes of RAW? Sounds like it's just a sop to fans who have a hang-up about sex. To those fans, and to the writers who came up with that angle, I say, GROW UP!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

it kind of sickens me that drew mcintyre was used to BUILD to a match with shane. drew should be in the title hunt on 1 of the brands, maybe even holding the title. it's crazy how they've made him so unimportant.

drew vs biff is a match i've seen plenty of times and they always deliver, but those are NOT the guys who will make the CW division look like something special against each other. honestly i don't think either guy should be in the division.

don't even get me started on goldberg vs dolph, and i actually like both of those guys more than most people.

VERY controversial opinion. at least mauro actually calls wrestling moves and knows his **** when it comes to wrestling. certainly beats the cringy shilling of the main roster comms.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

if you say so. I guess everybody agrees mauro is not nearly as good as Byron saxton.
    byron can climb a tree.

rumor has it that kyle, bobby, and roddy might be getting called down to the main roster, hence why they didn't win the belts.

also, johnny might get called down as well since there really isn't anything left for him to do in NXT.