Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I have been waiting for this for awhile. The champ has to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That's a potential score for AEW if they can snag her (which presumably won't be that hard since her dad works there). Their womans division could use the help.

Course, if she doesn't want to work at the moment it'll be awhile.
    Last edited by XPac; 06-25-2020 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I have been waiting for this for awhile. The champ has to be there.
    From the sound of things, she didn't seem willing to even to cut promos from her home.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's a potential score for AEW if they can snag her (which presumably won't be that hard since her dad works there). Their womans division could use the help.

Course, if she doesn't want to work at the moment it'll be awhile.
    I don't see her dad being there as a sweetener. Tessa was raised by Magnum TA not Tully. Who knows what that relationship is. Tessa has been problematic in every promotion she's worked for. It would actually be bad for AEW's public image to bring her in. I know I haven't forgotten about all the female talent that spoke out about the abuse and racism she put them through.

Incredible Member

to be honest , it was pretty silly for tessa to win the men's world title. expecting her to compete against guys week after week , c'mon that metoo movement is a bit nuch.

Astonishing Member

From the sound of things, she didn't seem willing to even to cut promos from her home.
    It seems like she wanted to get fired.Which is something that I don't think Vince would want to work with .

AEW has not fired anyone yet, they just have had people do therapy.. Tess says that she is going to therapy for vague reasons and AEW picks her up.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    It seems like she wanted to get fired.Which is something that I don't think Vince would want to work with .

AEW has not fired anyone yet, they just have had people do therapy.. Tess says that she is going to therapy for vague reasons and AEW picks her up.
    WWE apparently wasn't interested in her in the past ... maybe we're seeing why. It's a shame as I do think her and Charlotte could have had an interesting feud.

But AEW needs her more.

Either legitimately enforce people sheltering in place (if that's even possible) to protect people from the coronovirus, or allow the economy to function while the pandemic is happening. Do one or the other, because shutting down business while people are gathering in the hundreds really isn't ideal from any perspective.
    this has to be the front runner for worst post of the year, and 2020 has been a shitstorm to say the least.

AEW was okay this week.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

IIRC, Tessa did not leave a good impression on the WWE brass when she was in the Mae Young Classic, so that bridge may already have been burned to the ground. AEW would probably do well to stay far away from her too given all the problematic stuff she's been linked to the last couple of years.

best thing for tessa would probably be to just stay and work in mexico. poor impact, i think they might be cursed. the curse of slapnuts has damned them forever.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    IIRC, Tessa did not leave a good impression on the WWE brass when she was in the Mae Young Classic, so that bridge may already have been burned to the ground. AEW would probably do well to stay far away from her too given all the problematic stuff she's been linked to the last couple of years.
    Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Despite all of that, Impact did make her their world champion though. But Impact can maybe get away with stuff that WWE and AeW might bit given they are flying lower on the radar.

I do think the fact that who ever signs her (if someone signs her) is getting what they can advertise as a world champion. But I guess being the Impact champion only means so much.

But either way, if she's not willing to work in the pandemic or even cut promos from home, there's no reason for anyone to sign her anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    to be honest , it was pretty silly for tessa to win the men's world title. expecting her to compete against guys week after week , c'mon that metoo movement is a bit nuch.
    I'm generally speaking not a fan of that myself ... but to play devil's advocate it did get people to actually pay a little bit of attention to the Impact champion.

But in a lot of ways they definitely didn't pick the best woman if they were trying to make some sort of woke statement.

i still don't get what's the big deal about the revival. they just seem like a very good tag team to me, which is cool but there's a bunch of those out there. oh and "they remind me of arn and tully!!" which can also be said about various math, gym and wood shop teachers i've had.