Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't say Hunter's booked the NXT women well overall. Asuka never truly dropping the belt to Ember hurt them both, Bianca was never really allowed to do anything except challenge for the belt a couple of times and lose, and Shayna's second title reign was allowed to go way too long(though getting Rhea stepping up and heel Io out of it wasn't bad, admittedly). He does seem to have course-corrected some with Rhea, Dakota, Tegan, Io, Shotzi starting to get a lot of burn now, thus not making it a one-woman dominated division, and under-the-radar-talent like Xia Li and Kayden Carter getting slightly more airtime.
    ember is bland. Her promo in nxt before her debut and her entrance with the red moon and her red contacts , she came across as mysterious and cool but then she hits the ring,prancing around like a giddy schoolgirl with all her hand gestures killed all her mystique right off , she is the female apollo crew , all flashy in the ring but ultimately drab and forgettable in personality.
    i am interested in the current aliyah and robert stone program with rhea. aliyah has been bottom of the barrel jobber for a long while now but she seemed to get a bit of momentum currently. i can actually see rhea losing by cheating to continue that angle. it is entertaining so far.

Eh, I wouldn't say Hunter's booked the NXT women well overall. Asuka never truly dropping the belt to Ember hurt them both, Bianca was never really allowed to do anything except challenge for the belt a couple of times and lose, and Shayna's second title reign was allowed to go way too long(though getting Rhea stepping up and heel Io out of it wasn't bad, admittedly). He does seem to have course-corrected some with Rhea, Dakota, Tegan, Io, Shotzi starting to get a lot of burn now, thus not making it a one-woman dominated division, and under-the-radar-talent like Xia Li and Kayden Carter getting slightly more airtime.
    Right now I'd say nxt is maybe the best booked womans division in wrestling. But I would agree between the departure of the 4 horse women to the main roster and the arrival of Rhea from nxt uk they never seemed to be able to push more than 1-2 women at over. But from the perspective of it being a developmental designed to create talent maybe that's all it needed to do. Once it got on real cable TV it started booking the division a bit differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Io didn't beat Charlotte, that's exactly the problem.

But Io vs. Sasha is such a dream match, both for many fans and for Io and Sasha themselves, that this is one case where many fans wouldn't care so much who wins in the end as long as both women got to tear it up first.
    So you're saying who wins and loses doesn't matter? Cause Charlotte did lose to Io 2 straight ... but admittedly not by pinball or submission. Should WWE book Sasha to win a non title match against Io to give her the rub, or is it just enough for Io to be in there with a big main roster star win, lose or draw?

Because its non title I assumed Sasha would win. Not much point in making it non title otherwise. But honestly I'm fine with either outcome since the title isn't on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    ember is bland. Her promo in nxt before her debut and her entrance with the red moon and her red contacts , she came across as mysterious and cool but then she hits the ring,prancing around like a giddy schoolgirl with all her hand gestures killed all her mystique right off , she is the female apollo crew , all flashy in the ring but ultimately drab and forgettable in personality.
    i am interested in the current aliyah and robert stone program with rhea. aliyah has been bottom of the barrel jobber for a long while now but she seemed to get a bit of momentum currently. i can actually see rhea losing by cheating to continue that angle. it is entertaining so far.
    The thing is the current angle probably is getting Robert Stone more over than Aliyah. She's getting more airtime but not more wins. That said, anything is an improvement in her case and this at least gives Rhea something interesting to do if they want to keep her away from Io and the title for a bit.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The thing is the current angle probably is getting Robert Stone more over than Aliyah. She's getting more airtime but not more wins. That said, anything is an improvement in her case and this at least gives Rhea something interesting to do if they want to keep her away from Io and the title for a bit.
    aliyah won against xia li in like her firsr win this year so stone is doing something right. considering aliyah has been in nxt for like 5 years and never been in any program except jobbing to one and all if she has a match that is.

Agree with everything here. If you're wanting to put the strap on a black guy, I'd look at Willie Mack long before Moose.

At this rate, they're probably going to give the title to Ace Austin given how hard they've been pushing him, especially giving him some muscle in Fulton.
    agreed.

Problem is, who could they go after?
    1st i'd have north drop the titles to the rascalz finally, then run an injury angle and have ethan page manage josh alexander and put him in place for whatever they had planned for elgin.

then go after chris dickinson, book joe doering if they can. there's some good aussie talent but idk how that would work under current circumstances.

Right now I'd say nxt is maybe the best booked womans division in wrestling. But I would agree between the departure of the 4 horse women to the main roster and the arrival of Rhea from nxt uk they never seemed to be able to push more than 1-2 women at over. But from the perspective of it being a developmental designed to create talent maybe that's all it needed to do. Once it got on real cable TV it started booking the division a bit differently.
    impact is booked better atm just not as much talent. charlotte really fukt off the womens nxt division booking. their champ is over despite the booking not because of it. joshi promotions i'd wager are better booked than either though.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 06-28-2020 at 05:39 AM.

aliyah won against xia li in like her firsr win this year so stone is doing something right. considering aliyah has been in nxt for like 5 years and never been in any program except jobbing to one and all if she has a match that is.
    THat's true. Getting one win in five years is certainly a step in the right direction. I still think they are only doing a so-so job presenting her as a credible perfromer... but for her there's literally nowhere to go but up.

Part of me still can't help but think WHAT IF as far as Tessa Blanchard is concerned. Having Stone dump Aliyah for her down the line I think would be pretty cool. Not that Tess necessarily needs a manager, but I think it automatically allows her to really stand out. Not sure if the WWE is interested, but it would be cool wrestling wise at least. Maybe not so much in the backstage lockeroom.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, NXT women and Impact women are both ran equally well. All of their matches are just as relevant as the men. Everything isn't just about the title, and their multiple women who can have entertaining feud with the champ.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Eh, I don't really care about whether she was bland or not, she had some momentum going into the Asuka match and losing there hurt them both. That's bad booking.

Ultimate Member

Having Kairi's reign be so short and forgettable wasn't good either, and even Rhea's reign wasn't booked all thàt well either. And Charlotte's second reign was a complete waste of time.

Ever since later on in Asuka's reign, the NXT Women's booking has been, inconsistent.

Eh, I don't really care about whether she was bland or not, she had some momentum going into the Asuka match and losing there hurt them both. That's bad booking.
    That's the double edged sword of the monster push. Yes, it make Asuka an instant monster. But Ember, Nikki, Ruby, and the Iconics were sort of buried in order to get Asuka to that point. It's not like WCW where you've got a 70 plus person roster to put over Goldberg. NXT put all their eggs in one basket. They did something similar to Baszller, though at least Kairi managed to get some spotlight and a title run. People were still held down by a glass ceiling but one person briefly slipped through the cracks.

I think post Baszler we're seeing a different formula. Passing the title from Basler to Rhea to Charlotte to Io is hot potatoing the belt to a degree... but also ensuring that all their eggs aren't in one basket. And though I'm not against long dominant title reigns in theory, I think the womans division is a lot better off with this style of booking that it was under Asuka and Baszler.

Astonishing Member

BUt I am curious why Asuka is feuding with Sahsa over Baszler... I can only guess they're maybe saving Baszler for Summerslam because that's an obvious feud after Shayna beat Asuke in the Elimination Chamber.
    The only logical reason is that Baszler is the next Champion and they are protecting her.

Plus we're assuming that they're keeping her off-screen, it's certainly possible she's one of the ones who is deciding to sit out of tapings.

Astonishing Member

So we will find out the date of NXT UK on Wednesday.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    The only logical reason is that Baszler is the next Champion and they are protecting her.

Plus we're assuming that they're keeping her off-screen, it's certainly possible she's one of the ones who is deciding to sit out of tapings.
    The real reason is Vince lost interest in Baszler.