Page 958 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 45885890894895495595695795895996096196296810081058 ... LastLast
Results 14,356 to 14,370 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

RIP to Soulman Rocky Johnson.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    AEW is the polar opposite of what NWA is. While that contrast would make for a great rivalry I don't see those promotions gelling together at all. NWA title being a secondary title for Dynamite would suck ass when Nick Aldus is the champion. That guy is a genuine main-event talent.
    I agree with 90% of what you said. Here is why I think it would work.

Cody was NWA champion and did good business with Aldis and the NWA.

Why the in ring of AEW is far superior to the NWA, they both have a comic bent to them. Question Mark fits as well in AEW as he does NWA.

The NWA and AEW are not competition. NWA doesn't have a TV deal.

The NWA title has a history of floating between promotions. Its history makes it more important than some random title that the AEW could come up with.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It's apparently going to be on Thursday night.
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    A few weeks ago, Eric Bischoff was warning against this. He was on his podcast talking how Thunder hurt Nitro and how Thunder became a recap show for Nitro. This basically made Nitro not essential watching because any highlights you missed you could watch on Thunder.

Ok, I think I am stealing SuperEcwFans bit, so I will stop
    If Turner is fitting the bills it works. What hurt WCW as well was Bischoff had to up the house show dates or add a PPV to the schedule. As he joked it was hard to do 12 PPV's a year let alone add an extra one. Plus as said Thunder became known as a recap show and bad production issues. (plus it over exposed WCW as we know)

AEW should do the show on a Saturday Night , make it for talent not on TV each week. Do different things with it. 2 , 2 hour shows back to back will over expose the product as Thunder showed us.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    If Turner is fitting the bills it works. What hurt WCW as well was Bischoff had to up the house show dates or add a PPV to the schedule. As he joked it was hard to do 12 PPV's a year let alone add an extra one. Plus as said Thunder became known as a recap show and bad production issues. (plus it over exposed WCW as we know)

AEW should do the show on a Saturday Night , make it for talent not on TV each week. Do different things with it. 2 , 2 hour shows back to back will over expose the product as Thunder showed us.
    So it's basically Dark. They are going to be in Vince's shoes. They are going to have to buy up some talent to fill those hours.

I agree with 90% of what you said. Here is why I think it would work.

Cody was NWA champion and did good business with Aldis and the NWA.

Why the in ring of AEW is far superior to the NWA, they both have a comic bent to them. Question Mark fits as well in AEW as he does NWA.

The NWA and AEW are not competition. NWA doesn't have a TV deal.

The NWA title has a history of floating between promotions. Its history makes it more important than some random title that the AEW could come up with.
    Cody did good business with Aldis. Their program heading into All In is amazing. Whoever, there isn't anyone else on the AEW roster that's on Cody's level other than Jericho. Moxley could make for a good program.

NWA's comedy tends to be regulated to ads. Other than Question Mark the comedy stays away from the ring.

In one of Cornette's podcasts Dave Lagana told him that 27% of Power's audience comes from AEW Dark. There's crossover with the YouTube shows.

NWA now having a YouTube show and regular PPVs they host on their own I don't see them using their top title being second banana on another promotion show anymore.

To me, AEW having 2 hours a week is plenty. If they put out another show, I'll try and watch it but I can't say I agree they need it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    TNT renewed AEW's deal through 2023, and there's going to be a second weekly AEW show as well apparently as well.
    Great news. It shows TNT's supporting them and a new show means more room for exposure for talent they can't fit on Dynamite.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    To me, AEW having 2 hours a week is plenty. If they put out another show, I'll try and watch it but I can't say I agree they need it.
    They keep using the same talent for Dynamite. There's quite a few guys AEW have on their roster that's going underutilized. I haven't seen much of Kip Sabien, Sonny Kiss, Hybrid 2 on Dynamite or Dark.

just as long as it doesn't become another WCW Thunder, that's my main concern

Impact wrestling have lost their twitch deal and been banned from the platform

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    How do you get banned from Twitch?!?!?

How do you get banned from Twitch?!?!?
    this is how

Extraordinary Member

So DIY is reuniting to take on Mustache Mountain at World's Collide

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It's apparently going to be on Thursday night.
    this is how

This isn't any worse if you see what Twitch supports with women who paint their breasts on platform and more. Its things like this is why Ninja and others have left the platform because they grew tired of the bullshit.

Also I haven't watch Impact but Rob as a heel ? This is great , he's playing a Charlie Sheen type heel... "Duhh Winning !"
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This isn't any worse if you see what Twitch supports with women who paint their breasts on platform and more. Its things like this is why Ninja and others have left the platform because they grew tired of the bullshit.

Also I haven't watch Impact but Rob as a heel ? This is great , he's playing a Charlie Sheen type heel... "Duhh Winning !"
    Ninja left the platform because Microsoft paid him a truckload of money to jump ship. It had zero to do with twitch crap policies.