Page 288 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288289290291292298338388788 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

How did Nicholas and Braun winning the tag titles escape nomination?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    How did Nicholas and Braun winning the tag titles escape nomination?
    Because it was infinitely better than all those things listed.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Cien Almas has warned Rush and Dragon Lee against signing with WWE. Big Dave believes this is why he's getting his current push. Guess the company can't have their talent scaring people away.
    deserves his push he does

Tessa blanchard
    nice seeing shaul guerrero on ring announce duty
    stephy slays shows courage taking the beast(who is prettier than I thought) here on WOW women of wrestling on axs tv http://www.wowe.com/

"the govenors daughter" Abilene maverick (while she looks like dana brooke I hope she doesn't wrestle like her) about to take on fire
    eye candy (who has a better top rope moonsault than charlotte) takes on Khloe hurtz
    taking a page from the lucha underground playbook
    jungle grrrl gonna try and reclaim the wow world championship from santanna garrett
    so spoilers:
    Blanchard and beast vs santana jungle next week
    end of spoilers?
    Last edited by steve2275; 01-18-2019 at 08:08 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    SHANE! Shane ... Shane .... SHANE!

EDIT: Nevermind ... ALL OF CROWN JEWEL!
    Nah, it's mostly just Shane. It was interesting booking having a heel vs heel fight for the trophy, but Shane winning just crapped over all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Nah, it's mostly just Shane. It was interesting booking having a heel vs heel fight for the trophy, but Shane winning just crapped over all of that.
    I thought that was a strange booking decision too. That said, I am sort of enjoying the whole angle with Miz and Shane. So it is sort of paying off. Sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    She's probably good enough. It's Mortal Kombat, so it's not like she exacty needs to be Meryl Streep here.

Her playing a bad @$$ chick likely isn't the biggest reach for her as an actress.
    This pretty much and she's not that bad just don't make her the leed.

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by steve2275; 01-19-2019 at 01:50 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Cien Almas has warned Rush and Dragon Lee against signing with WWE. Big Dave believes this is why he's getting his current push. Guess the company can't have their talent scaring people away.
    while the match almas had with rey made me wish to see rey vs roosh it's for the best imo. no way that many mexicans getting a push at the same time. besides, with roosh working RoH for the next year it will give him time to work on his english.

it just now occurred to me, we could see roosh vs bandido jr in RoH this year. i'd probably pay to see that.

PWG hand of doom happened friday night. not the most stacked card but looking forward to jungle boy debut vs brodie king

Almas has been unhappy with his position in the company for a while. I don't expect an unhappy talent to sing the company's praises.
    Honestly I think if a wrestlers happiness is dependent on their position in the company, they probably don't want to be in the WWE.

It's the biggest wrestling company in the world, with a very stacked roster. The vast majority of wrestlers they sign will be mid-carders at best. Which isn't to say they can't use the talent they have better, but at the end of the day there are only so many people they can push at once and only so many top stars they can have at once. For every AJ Styles, there's going to be 5-6 Heath Slates and Fandango's.

Though I suppose the flip side of that arguement is the ONLY wrestlers who make it to the top are the ones willing to take the chance and try. If AJ had assumed that it wouldn't happen and simply not bothered even trying to get a top spot in the WWE, he wouldn't have gotten one.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I think if a wrestlers happiness is dependent on their position in the company, they probably don't want to be in the WWE.

It's the biggest wrestling company in the world, with a very stacked roster. The vast majority of wrestlers they sign will be mid-carders at best. Which isn't to say they can't use the talent they have better, but at the end of the day there are only so many people they can push at once and only so many top stars they can have at once. For every AJ Styles, there's going to be 5-6 Heath Slates and Fandango's.

Though I suppose the flip side of that arguement is the ONLY wrestlers who make it to the top are the ones willing to take the chance and try. If AJ had assumed that it wouldn't happen and simply not bothered even trying to get a top spot in the WWE, he wouldn't have gotten one.
    You make it sound like the guys themselves are responsible for where they end up when we know that's not the case. HHH and Vince love giving the brass ring speech to talent but the truth of the matter is most of those guys often don't get the opportunity to prove their worth. Cody requested his release because the company thought he wouldn't amount to more than the Stardust gimmick they gave him. Rusev and Zack Ryder could have been decent money makers for them if they push them when they got themselves over instead of burying them. For guys who care about their positions tend to be want to utilized to their potential or at least given the chance to do so. Say if things were run like NXT and 205 you'll have less guys like the Revival and Almas.

You make it sound like the guys themselves are responsible for where they end up when we know that's not the case. HHH and Vince love giving the brass ring speech to talent but the truth of the matter is most of those guys often don't get the opportunity to prove their worth. Cody requested his release because the company thought he wouldn't amount to more than the Stardust gimmick they gave him. Rusev and Zack Ryder could have been decent money makers for them if they push them when they got themselves over instead of burying them. For guys who care about their positions tend to be want to utilized to their potential or at least given the chance to do so. Say if things were run like NXT and 205 you'll have less guys like the Revival and Almas.
    No, I'm not saying a wrestler is solely responsible at all. There are a lot of variables which determine that. The wrestler, management, the audience, etc.

What I am suggesting is that when you have the biggest wrestling company in the world, the VAST majority of wrestlers aren't going to get to the top. Not everyone is going to get pushed. Because it's the biggest promotion in the world with the biggest stars and the biggest audience, it's the hardest mountain to climb. If your position in the company is important to you, you need to realize it's the hardest place to get what you want.

As far as the wrestlers you mention... I'll agree with you about Cody. Guy made every single gimmick he's ever gotten work and could have been a bigger star. Rusev and Ryder... ehhh. Rusev is good in the ring but not great, and he can't really cut a good promo without Lana. And he's not quite big enough to be a monster based on size alone in a fed with guys like Strauman and Kane and Big Show. Ryder can cut a okay to good promo and his matches are okay to good. But honestly I don't think he's really all that great in any way, shape or form. I'm not saying he sucks... but mid-carder sounds about right to me. Just my opinion though.
    Last edited by XPac; 01-19-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Ultimate Member

Another problem is WWE just gobbling up as much talent as possible simply to keep them from signing with anyone else. There's nowhere near enough roster space or interest from creative for all of them. I mean they brought Sanity up from NXT, and have done nothing of note with them on the main roster for example. Ruby Riott is one of the most talented women that they have, and she's little more than a jobber now. And even Almas was losing most of his matches until this Mysterio thing started, etc.

Rusev is actually a great example, the man could easily be a consistent main eventer. He's the total package talent-wise, but they've pigeon holed him (and many wrestlers have said that once that happens with Vince, it can be REALLY hard to get out of it no matter how good you are).

Not everyone can be a main eventer true, but when it's the same really small people there over and over and over and over again, it gets repetitive and stale for many people. There needs to be SOME new faces there at least.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Eh, Cody's still a midcarder. Still an average wrestler and above-average on the mic. IC/US Title-level is right around where he belongs.

Not every wrestler strides to be on the top of the mountain. They want a place in the card they are comfortable at. The New Day are perfectly fine where they're at. It's a spot that let's them do what they want to do. For guys like Jericho and Ohno like putting other guys over being gatekeepers is the perfect spot for them. Company men like Slater are fine with anything as long as you give them something to do.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Eh, Cody's still a midcarder. Still an average wrestler and above-average on the mic. IC/US Title-level is right around where he belongs.
    If he really wants to be a main eventer, Cody needs to dumb himself down.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua