Page 1054 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 5455495410041044105010511052105310541055105610571058106411041154 ... LastLast
Results 15,796 to 15,810 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Tegan should have won. It's not like any of those women are beating Charlotte. They could have Io do a face turn, but I don't see the hook for that.
    Maybe Charlotte can take sort of an anti-NXT position, where she acts like she's too good for NXT and everyone in their developmental program is beneath her. That's an easy way for her to feud with the heels or the faces.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Maybe Charlotte can take sort of an anti-NXT position, where she acts like she's too good for NXT and everyone in their developmental program is beneath her. That's an easy way for her to feud with the heels or the faces.
    That's probably going to be what happens.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Royal Farms arena announced the cancellation of Money in the Bank.

Charlotte was definately a heel against Rhea.

I think she's solidly been a heel for the past year except when he was arguably a tweener in the feud with Becky against the Kabuki Warriors.

That said, I do wonder if they won't turn her face or at least tweaner in NXT since there's not a whole lot of faces to compete with in the womans division at the moment. You arguably get more milage out of her as a face. Or I suppose you can just screw the whole heel/face dynamic and throw heels at her like they are doing with Io. That works too.
    Your view of Charlotte booking has solidly been based in an alternate reality for the last year.

That's probably going to be what happens.
    That's a very very easy way to get heat. The NXT fanbase in particular seems to have a lot of pride in the brand, so she can become the top heel in it real quick.

I guess the potential downside is that it to a degree almost requires her to belittle the product a little bit... and that's not always a good thing. You can argue one of the downsides to the nWo was them constantly damaging the WCW brand name on their own product to the point where it arguably hurt it. But I doubt Charlotte will go that far. It should be fine provided Charlotte loses in the end... which I'm sure she will since I don't imagine she's going to stay in NXT forever.

Astonishing Member

That's a very very easy way to get heat. The NXT fanbase in particular seems to have a lot of pride in the brand, so she can become the top heel in it real quick.

I guess the potential downside is that it to a degree almost requires her to belittle the product a little bit... and that's not always a good thing. You can argue one of the downsides to the nWo was them constantly damaging the WCW brand name on their own product to the point where it arguably hurt it. But I doubt Charlotte will go that far. It should be fine provided Charlotte loses in the end... which I'm sure she will since I don't imagine she's going to stay in NXT forever.
    Well, she needs to be a cheating heel and not just have the whole division tap out to her. You can't bury everyone for not being as good as you and then prove it by submitting everyone and be an effective heel.

Well, she needs to be a cheating heel and not just have the whole division tap out to her. You can't bury everyone for not being as good as you and then prove it by submitting everyone and be an effective heel.
    I don't necessarily agree that her beating people clean is effectively burying the division. If a mid card performer can put out good competitive matches against arguably the second biggest female in the entire industry, they can look good even in a losing effort.

Really the only person on the NXT roster who potentially is hurt by not being able to beat Charlotte is Rhea. With Bazler and Bianca moved up to the main roster, you're largely left with the undercard talent who were in large part there just to feed Rhea and Shayna.

Astonishing Member

I don't necessarily agree that her beating people clean is effectively burying the division. If a mid card performer can put out good competitive matches against arguably the second biggest female in the entire industry, they can look good even in a losing effort.

Really the only person on the NXT roster who potentially is hurt by not being able to beat Charlotte is Rhea. With Bazler and Bianca moved up to the main roster, you're largely left with the undercard talent who were in large part there just to feed Rhea and Shayna.
    It's hard to look good in a match when you are tapping.Why as a fan, should I boo someone who is right.

The bad guy is supposed to be wrong or do wrong but believe they are right.

If Charlotte is not cheating and just tapping out her opponents, where is the heat. Everything she says is right and she backs up everything she says. At worst, that makes her a cocky good guy. That doesn't help the NXT women's division at all. Even if Rhea comes back to beat Charlotte, she has already lost to Charlotte on the biggest stage.

Whoa the E just granted the Revival their releases. So happy for these guys and can't wait for what's next.

It's hard to look good in a match when you are tapping.Why as a fan, should I boo someone who is right.

The bad guy is supposed to be wrong or do wrong but believe they are right.

If Charlotte is not cheating and just tapping out her opponents, where is the heat. Everything she says is right and she backs up everything she says. At worst, that makes her a cocky good guy. That doesn't help the NXT women's division at all. Even if Rhea comes back to beat Charlotte, she has already lost to Charlotte on the biggest stage.
    At this point in wrestling, you boo Charlotte because you're supposed to boo her. In theory there's no reason to cheer the Undertaker when he's trying to crucify people, but you do anyways.

Charlotte getting heat won't be a problem. At this point she's probably more over than anyone in NXT except maybe Balor (who in large part also won his matches clean in NXT if I'm not mistaken).

And the truth of the matter is she probably IS better than everyone else there... they need to prove they can get to her level of arguably the second biggest female in the industry and not every performer in their developmental is going to be able to do that.

But I do agree that because Rhea and Shayna both lost to Becky and Charlotte, they lose a little something even if they end up beating Charlotte and Becky down the line. That's not to say I think either are irreparably harmed by this.. they still can and IMO will both still be big credible stars. But momentum wise, the rug was pulled from under them. Though in Rheas case, it might have been a necessarily precaution.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Whoa the E just granted the Revival their releases. So happy for these guys and can't wait for what's next.
    Definately a nice boon for AEW's tag team division (assuming that's where they land, but I think it's a given).

I'm happy we're getting more old school guys who aren't as heavily relient on the dives and high spots. It'll make for a nice contrast with a lot of the other teams.

Astonishing Member

I wanted them to do that story with John Cena where he's forced to rehab from an injury and they send him to NXT for some reason, but this works with Charlotte too. Heels temporarily become faces when they're feuding with her.

Yes, I think Io won because Charlotte wants to wrestle her. They will tear it down.

Astonishing Member

But I do agree that because Rhea and Shayna both lost to Becky and Charlotte, they lose a little something even if they end up beating Charlotte and Becky down the line. That's not to say I think either are irreparably harmed by this.. they still can and IMO will both still be big credible stars. But momentum wise, the rug was pulled from under them. Though in Rheas case, it might have been a necessarily precaution.
    With NXT Women pretty much dominating Survivor Series and the Royal Rumble, I thought it was a good contrast. The NXT Women's Division may be overall the best, but at least in singles, their top stars aren't as good yes as RAW and Smackdowns. Rhea is like 23--you can't have her climb to the top so fast because she's hopefully going to be here another 10 years. Give her a mountain to climb. Otherwise 5 years from now, the fans will be like "Rhea? Again?"

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    With NXT Women pretty much dominating Survivor Series and the Royal Rumble, I thought it was a good contrast. The NXT Women's Division may be overall the best, but at least in singles, their top stars aren't as good yes as RAW and Smackdowns. Rhea is like 23--you can't have her climb to the top so fast because she's hopefully going to be here another 10 years. Give her a mountain to climb. Otherwise 5 years from now, the fans will be like "Rhea? Again?"
    That's a good point. It gives her another mountain to climb. Storywise at least, there's probably more to do if she chases after Charlotte and the NXT title than if she were to simply win it at WM. This prolongs it from a single match into a program she can probably run for a couple months.

Astonishing Member

At this point in wrestling, you boo Charlotte because you're supposed to boo her. In theory there's no reason to cheer the Undertaker when he's trying to crucify people, but you do anyways.

Charlotte getting heat won't be a problem. At this point she's probably more over than anyone in NXT except maybe Balor (who in large part also won his matches clean in NXT if I'm not mistaken).

And the truth of the matter is she probably IS better than everyone else there... they need to prove they can get to her level of arguably the second biggest female in the industry and not every performer in their developmental is going to be able to do that.

Taker gets booed when he plays the heel. He doesn't when he plays the tweener. Same with Balor. When he cheap shotted Gargano, he was booed.

To be a bad guy, you have to do something bad.

It's funny. Ric Flair was known as the Dirtiest Player In The Game not the most Dominant in the game. Charlotte adopts nearly everything from Ric, but the one thing that made him the best damn heel in the business. I don't think it's her fault. Vince seems to have amnesia about what a good guy and a bad guy are sometimes.Charlotte should cheat because she likes to, not because she has to. It what makes her a "bad" person. I don't ever want Charlotte to play a chicken bleep heel. She is too good for that. But a completely disrespectful and short cutting heel works perfectly for her.