Page 919 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 4198198699099159169179189199209219229239299691019 ... LastLast
Results 13,771 to 13,785 of 19298

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

WWE having winter cleaning? This is long overdue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i'm more happy that brodie lee is released.

they wasted him for years.
    It's funny that for all Vince's has has a hoss fetish the WWE's always been crap at booking big dudes.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i'm more happy that brodie lee is released.

they wasted him for years.
    He has wanted out a long time and even went back to using that name on his twitter etc.

They likely laid out 90 day No Compete clauses so Lee won't be in AEW til Feb.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    It's funny that for all Vince's has has a hoss fetish the WWE's always been crap at booking big dudes.
    and brodie's stems from the fact that he couldn't do a southern accent like vince wanted. let's just ignore the fact that he was the best big man on the main roster.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    He has wanted out a long time and even went back to using that name on his twitter etc.

They likely laid out 90 day No Compete clauses so Lee won't be in AEW til Feb.
    He could probably start right away if he turns down the pay of the 90 day. Being a family man he likely won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Makes sense. They haven't done much lately, and with the rise of the Viking Raiders, the Ascension became redundant.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I wonder if the releases are an indicator that WWE might do some NXT call ups pretty soon.
    It really shouldn't. They have a ton of cruisers that have no place to with 205 being gone.

NXT needs people, so raiding would just sabotage the show that you have going against the competition.

The guy I see of value to AEW is Luke Harper.

I wonder if the releases are an indicator that WWE might do some NXT call ups pretty soon.
    They would evaluate who they already have. Their roster is massive. They shouldn't have to bring anyone up to replace anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They would evaluate who they already have. Their roster is massive. They shouldn't have to bring anyone up to replace anybody.
    It's not JUST for the main roster though. There are a lot of people signed to NXT who aren't making it on TV. Getting people like Bazler or the Undisputed Era onto the main rosters allows them to better use new talent too..

I think that's one of the keys to the NXT brand never getting too stale. The main eventers you have now likely won't be around in 3-4 years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Not to replace people, they are not using. All of those release have only had a handful of matches in the last 6 months.

Astonishing Member

Yeah they can't keep signing and not using wrestlers forever. Even if you can afford it, that causes talent to get unhappy.

They could call people up from NXT (they need to, NXT rosters are bloated) but they released people they weren't using anyway--and who wanted to be released.

Of the people that wanted their release, Mike Kanellis I think was the only one that wasn't granted.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Yeah they can't keep signing and not using wrestlers forever. Even if you can afford it, that causes talent to get unhappy.

They could call people up from NXT (they need to, NXT rosters are bloated) but they released people they weren't using anyway--and who wanted to be released.

Of the people that wanted their release, Mike Kanellis I think was the only one that wasn't granted.
    Yeah, it would simply be a matter of WWE finally deciding to release a couple people that wanted to be released.

I wonder if this is an indicator that WWE is maybe slightly less worried about AEW now than they might have been a few months ago. Not that they ever had a whole lot of reason to be legitimately worried in the first place.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if this is an indicator that WWE is maybe slightly less worried about AEW now than they might have been a few months ago. Not that they ever had a whole lot of reason to be legitimately worried in the first place.
    Actually I think we are seeing the benefit of them holding onto talent. The big criticism we are seeing of AEW among it's fanbase is "We don't know who these people are that you keep throwing into matches every week!" (Since most people don't watch all the extra online stuff) If they had more familiar names to help introduce people that would have been helpful, but as it is, they are introducing 90% new people to a bunch of casual wrestling fans they are hoping to retain.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Makes sense. They haven't done much lately, and with the rise of the Viking Raiders, the Ascension became redundant.
    the ascension has been redundant since getting called up from nxt.