Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Astonishing Member

The Karaoke segment was supposedly an emergency filler segment as a result of people being unavailable due to Covid Testing.

We can easily deduce that one of the positive tests was One of Mandy/Sonya/Otis—one of its hottest storylines just dropped.

The Hacker Storyline dropped too but that could have been creative...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    The Karaoke segment was supposedly an emergency filler segment as a result of people being unavailable due to Covid Testing.

We can easily deduce that one of the positive tests was One of Mandy/Sonya/Otis—one of its hottest storylines just dropped.

The Hacker Storyline dropped too but that could have been creative...
    I think that's because Ali was gonna be the hacker and he got traded to RAW

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I think that's because Ali was gonna be the hacker and he got traded to RAW
    I doubt that matters as Ali as yet to wrestle in the empty arena era.

It really sticks in my craw the evil is champ while goto has never been. Evil is good not great imo. Happy to see dick togo though

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Who is Brodie feuding with Colt Cabana? Brodie should still be feuding with Moxley. There are some "evil" folks on the AEW roster, that could have made the Dark Order something.
    Pentagon
    Fenix
    Butcher
    Blade
    Abandon
    Archer
    Roberts
    Darby Allin.....no
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Archer just wants to murder people.
    put him with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Spears
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_Roberts https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tully_Blanchard
    Last edited by steve2275; 07-12-2020 at 11:52 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    good lord , who came out with that karaoke segment , harkens back tp the days when lawler would often host those diva bikini contests. so many talented women wrestlers on the sidelines while they waste time with these type of garbage, geeze, might as well bring back those bra and panties matches.
    I kind of view it the opposite. The whole point of the Women's Evolution thing was for women's wrestling to be on par with men's. So if the men have to go through things like the Raiders/Profits decathlon or Drake Maverick peeing himself, the women should have to deal with crap writing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    It really sticks in my craw the evil is champ while goto has never been. Evil is good not great imo. Happy to see dick togo though
    I agree with the Goto thing, but I'd throw Ishii and Suzuki in there, too.

The whole "Bullet Club is EVIL" thing just comes off as "Bullet Club has no talent so throw someone in there." I mean, right now their top name is Yujiro. Bullet Club needs EVIL right now until the foreign talent can be in Japan again.

That and Gedo always has to be with the champ or with the champ's challenger. The dude is Vince McMahon levels of vain on TV.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

I kind of view it the opposite. The whole point of the Women's Evolution thing was for women's wrestling to be on par with men's. So if the men have to go through things like the Raiders/Profits decathlon or Drake Maverick peeing himself, the women should have to deal with crap writing as well.
    I agree. This is what equality looks like. Unlike 10 years ago, this was not the only women's segment. They're also serious feuds and a *lot* of wrestling time that has been given to the rest of the women's card lately. They chose Sasha-Io to headline against AEW in the same week.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I agree. This is what equality looks like. Unlike 10 years ago, this was not the only women's segment. They're also serious feuds and a *lot* of wrestling time that has been given to the rest of the women's card lately. They chose Sasha-Io to headline against AEW in the same week.
    You can make a descent arguement that Sasha and Baylay are carrying all 3 brands to SOME degree. Carry might be too strong a word, but segment for segment I don't think anyone in the company is even close to what they're doing right now. So I do think WWE see's the value in the womans division.

Course, in the WWE value sometimes means competing in decathlons or karaokee contests. It's still the WWE afterall.

Intermediary

Guess who got arrested....again?

Tammy Lynn Sytch

https://thesportsrush.com/wwe-news-t...ed-once-again/

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    But ... he's so boring ...
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    Totally agree! Naito should still be champ.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Io must be THRILLED right now (EVIL is her fiancee apparently).
    Part of me wonders if him being Io's fiancee might slightly factor into his push. It sort of makes them a power couple in wrestling. I doubt it's the main reason... but that potentially generates a few extra headlines it wouldn't otherwise.

Extraordinary Member

So both Belair and Baszler return tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Part of me wonders if him being Io's fiancee might slightly factor into his push. It sort of makes them a power couple in wrestling. I doubt it's the main reason... but that potentially generates a few extra headlines it wouldn't otherwise.
    Absolutely not. Thanks to travel restrictions New Japan lost access to Jay White and Kenta, their biggest heels. Suzuki is sick. They obviously need to hotspot somebody with who they had available

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post

I agree with the Goto thing, but I'd throw Ishii and Suzuki in there, too.

The whole "Bullet Club is EVIL" thing just comes off as "Bullet Club has no talent so throw someone in there." I mean, right now their top name is Yujiro. Bullet Club needs EVIL right now until the foreign talent can be in Japan again.

That and Gedo always has to be with the champ or with the champ's challenger. The dude is Vince McMahon levels of vain on TV.
    I love Ishii too but he ain't a top guy. He's perfectly fine where he is as a gatekeeper.