Page 722 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2226226727127187197207217227237247257267327728221222 ... LastLast
Results 10,816 to 10,830 of 19298
    Astonishing Member
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-22-2019 at 02:33 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post

tonight on 205Live team GULAK vs team LORCAN
    Really good episode.

I liked the Garza cousin face off.

Swerve Scott seems to get over with crowds really quickly. I enjoy his podcast. The episodes with the Rock's daughter and Street Profits were funny.

Isaiah has got bars as well

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Impact has been low key fire. I people are kind of sleeping on it.
    agreed.
    kind of sad to see LAX go. you really have to credit impact for growing them as talents. EYFBO were pretty under the radar before going to impact, now they're recognized as one of the top tag teams out there. there's more talents out there impact can do this with and unfortunately the same thing will likely happen every time.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Really good episode.

I liked the Garza cousin face off.

Swerve Scott seems to get over with crowds really quickly. I enjoy his podcast. The episodes with the Rock's daughter and Street Profits were funny.

Isaiah has got bars as well
    i hope at some point swerve breaks out the killshot mask, that was a sweet look especially once his hair grew out a bit.

I think that's a rather reductive way of looking at the situation.

Charlotte became a star because of her ability AND her multiple title reigns. I mean, this is the Women's Title we are talking about, it's the sole title (outside the newly installed tag champions) in the female division.

Charlotte holding the belt again at this point actually takes away interest from it because she's been pushed so much in a rather short space of time. In fact, I would argue that Becky got over the way she did BECAUSE of Charlotte's relentless push and needless title win.
    It's not actually the sole title ... there are 2 womens belt. One on each brand. Plus the NXT womans title, which Charlotte also won. Point being that belts are ultimately a prop to get the stars over... after a certain point they're technically not needed. It's entertainment and you're over and signficantly pushed, then the belt at most a catalyst for a storyline. In Charlottes case, she's won the belt so many times, it can't do anything more for her at this point.

As far as the belt taking away interest... I'd strongly disagree. There is no female heel right now more over than Charlotte except arguably Alexa (who is better on the mic than Charlotte by a hair, but not as good in the ring). Charlotte, Becky, and/or right now Sasha are what seperate a womans match from a bath room break for a good percentage of the audence. And she doesn't even NEED to win the belt... she just needs to be in the match.

In terms of emotional investment and overall match quality, no one would come even close to having the same sort of match with Bayley as Charlotte except for the other 3 horsewomen. They're in the position they are in for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    this is near master level bullshit artistry. it's somehow both insulting and impressive at the same time.
    do you think you could tell us what the great thing about the moment of bliss segments is??

i read impact is bringing in marufuji again but this time actually putting him in a high profile match at bound for glory against michael elgin. that could be pretty damn good.
    I wouldn't exactly call the moment of Bliss segment great... but it was a good segment that did a nice job building the feud between Charlotte and Bayley. I think it got people to care about the feud. They went a little meta, which is what a lot of the better promos do these days.

Astonishing Member

agreed.
    kind of sad to see LAX go. you really have to credit impact for growing them as talents. EYFBO were pretty under the radar before going to impact, now they're recognized as one of the top tag teams out there. there's more talents out there impact can do this with and unfortunately the same thing will likely happen every time.

i hope at some point swerve breaks out the killshot mask, that was a sweet look especially once his hair grew out a bit.

would he be able to?
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Jon Moxley got an infection in his elbow. He's still gonna work his match with Omega but he seriously needs to get it treated. He nearly lost a limb to a staph infection before.

Ultimate Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1fDBmZhKEk/?igshid=1lb

Becky and Seth possibly engaged?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    yup. the man and the man are jumping the broom.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Jon Moxley got an infection in his elbow. He's still gonna work his match with Omega but he seriously needs to get it treated. He nearly lost a limb to a staph infection before.
    Just slap a Z-Pak on it.

Ultimate Member

It's entertainment and you're over and signficantly pushed, then the belt at most a catalyst for a storyline. In Charlottes case, she's won the belt so many times, it can't do anything more for her at this point.
    Exactly why her winning the belt again would be a bad idea. She won it so many times in such a short space of time that putting the belt on her is pretty pointless at this time

As far as the belt taking away interest... I'd strongly disagree. There is no female heel right now more over than Charlotte except arguably Alexa (who is better on the mic than Charlotte by a hair, but not as good in the ring). Charlotte, Becky, and/or right now Sasha are what seperate a womans match from a bath room break for a good percentage of the audence. And she doesn't even NEED to win the belt... she just needs to be in the match.

In terms of emotional investment and overall match quality, no one would come even close to having the same sort of match with Bayley as Charlotte except for the other 3 horsewomen. They're in the position they are in for a reason.
    I agree that Bayley and Charlotte's program is a good one. That being said, I would argue that Io Shirai is every bit as good (if not better) than the horsewomen. Same with Asuka and some other ladies like Kairi Sane (despite her being a little funny). These ladies are considerably and substantially better than someone like Alexa Bliss but will never be put in the spotlight for an extended period because they aren't "hot blondes" (or hot white woman) that can snark on the mic. As good and over as Sasha Banks was, she never, ever got an extended run with any title on the main roster.

We've seen female wrestlers that are just ok (like Carmella and Bliss) reign with the title for no other discernible reason beyond the fact that they are hot blondes that can talk. The ability to work has NEVER been the major consideration when positioning female superstars on the main roster which is something that just grinds my gears.
    Last edited by Username taken; 08-23-2019 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call the moment of Bliss segment great... but it was a good segment that did a nice job building the feud between Charlotte and Bayley. I think it got people to care about the feud. They went a little meta, which is what a lot of the better promos do these days.

uhhhhhh....i'll give you an E for effort but that lacked the audacity of the previous post. here you're just trying to sell something that was really bad as good where before you tried to sell a bad thing as something great.

New Japan Pro Wrestling
    2019 Super J-Cup

August 22, 2019
    Temple Theater
    Tacoma, WA

Jyushin Thunder Liger & Karl Fredericks over Ren Narita & Shota Umino. [7’30]

Soberano Jr. over Rocky Romero in the first round of the 2019 Super J-Cup. [11’04]

Carístico over BUSHI in the first round of the 2019 Super J-Cup. [11’56]

Ryusuke Taguchi over Jonathan Gresham in the first round of the 2019 Super J-Cup. [10’08]

El Phantasmo over Robbie Eagles in the first round of the 2019 Super J-Cup. [12’59]

TJ Perkins over Clark Connors in the first round of the 2019 Super J-Cup. [12’17]

Dragon Lee over YOH in the first round of the 2019 Super J-Cup. [18’51]

SHO over Taiji Ishimori in the first round of the 2019 Super J-Cup. [17’06]

Will Ospreay over Amazing Red in the first round of the 2019 Super J-Cup. [28’19]

phantasmo over eagles and moreso sho over ishimori were surprising results.

i thinking about heading down to long beach on sunday and catch the finals of this thing.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 08-23-2019 at 03:21 AM.

uhhhhhh....i'll give you an E for effort but that lacked the audacity of the previous post. here you're just trying to sell something that was really bad as good where before you tried to sell a bad thing as something great.

New Japan Pro Wrestling
    2019 Super J-Cup

August 22, 2019
    Temple Theater
    Tacoma, WA

Jyushin Thunder Liger & Karl Fredericks over Ren Narita & Shota Umino. [7’30]

Soberano Jr. over Rocky Romero in the first round of the 2019 Super J-Cup. [11’04]

Carístico over BUSHI in the first round of the 2019 Super J-Cup. [11’56]

Ryusuke Taguchi over Jonathan Gresham in the first round of the 2019 Super J-Cup. [10’08]

El Phantasmo over Robbie Eagles in the first round of the 2019 Super J-Cup. [12’59]

TJ Perkins over Clark Connors in the first round of the 2019 Super J-Cup. [12’17]

Dragon Lee over YOH in the first round of the 2019 Super J-Cup. [18’51]

SHO over Taiji Ishimori in the first round of the 2019 Super J-Cup. [17’06]

Will Ospreay over Amazing Red in the first round of the 2019 Super J-Cup. [28’19]

phantasmo over eagles and moreso sho over ishimori were surprising results.

i thinking about heading down to long beach on sunday and catch the finals of this thing.
    In the end I suppose good and bad are subjective. I thought the segment was good, and I thought the reaction it got from the audience indicated people were interested in the feud. But I suppose that's subjective.

Exactly why her winning the belt again would be a bad idea. She won it so many times in such a short space of time that putting the belt on her is pretty pointless at this time

I agree that Bayley and Charlotte's program is a good one. That being said, I would argue that Io Shirai is every bit as good (if not better) than the horsewomen. Same with Asuka and some other ladies like Kairi Sane (despite her being a little funny). These ladies are considerably and substantially better than someone like Alexa Bliss but will never be put in the spotlight for an extended period because they aren't "hot blondes" (or hot white woman) that can snark on the mic. As good and over as Sasha Banks was, she never, ever got an extended run with any title on the main roster.

We've seen female wrestlers that are just ok (like Carmella and Bliss) reign with the title for no other discernible reason beyond the fact that they are hot blondes that can talk. The ability to work has NEVER been the major consideration when positioning female superstars on the main roster which is something that just grinds my gears.
    I would agree probably shouldn't win the bet at this time. Never argued that Charlotte needs to win the belt NOW... but she is a top performer in her division and she will and should be champion again down the line. She's the top heel.

Can Asuka, Kairi, or Io be as good as the horsewomen? Maybe. I think it's fair to argue they're comparable in the ring. Are they as capable of getting the fans as emotionally invested in them? Time will tell. Language is somewhat of an issue there... though there are ways to get around that.

I will say comparing apples to apples, the Horsewomen IMO consistantly put out better matches in NXT than any of the women you mentioned. Not that they didn't put out some VERY GOOD matches... but the Horsewomen in NXT raised womens wrestling to a level that hasn't really been replicated before or since. Not that Asuka and Kairi didn't get super over... but speaking purely on match quality I think the Horsewomen had their stuff beat. Course, that's all subjective. Just my opinon, but the Horsewomen stuff was on another level. As over as Asuka and Kairi were, I never felt their matches needed to main event a Taker Over event the way the Horsewomens matches did.
    Last edited by XPac; 08-23-2019 at 07:15 AM.