Page 1008 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 8508908958998100410051006100710081009101010111012101810581108 ... LastLast
Results 15,106 to 15,120 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    by your own assessment i would still say i'd prefer "fun" to "not a whole lot to complain about" & "without a whole lot of cringe"

imo AEW i more than just fun it's actually very good. great in ring action, very well done angles and feuds going on, a midcard that matters, and possibly most importantly seems to WANT to give the fans what THEY want.

the benefit of being in touch with your audience and thinking pissing on them is funny is that your audience usually enjoys the stuff you think is funny.

as i predicted your argument seems to be based on your feeling that NXT is less sports entertainment or in other words more different from WWE than AEW, but again that doesn't make it better.

agreed.

the build up for mania has been getting worse and worse for that past 3 years i think despite having all the time and resources in the world.
    The point about there being less to complain about in NXT is more in reference to what I feel is more consistant booking. The booking is belieable without being overly silly like AEW and RAW/Smackdown can be... paired with an in-ring product that is as good or better than anything else on US TV, and yes I'd argue it's a better alternative to main roster WWE. Vinces main product is all about sports entertainment... thus a product with less emphasis on that makes for the strongest alternative because it's more different.

Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/_StarDESTROYER/s...26476311228416
    IF YOU GOT 9.99 YOU SHOULD GET THE WWE NETWORK AND WATCH ME AND DANNY KICK EVERYONES ASS TONIGHT ON 205 LIVE AND IF YOU ARE IN BOSTON AND SEE ME AT THE PUB OR A PARK BENCH I LIKE IRISH CARBOMBS AND CHOC MARTINIS TO KEEP ME WARM THROW EM UP
    8:19 AM · Feb 28, 2020
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Extraordinary Member

Smackdown kicks off with Oldberg

Extraordinary Member

And Roman comes out, of course

Incredible Member

Well we saw this coming

Extraordinary Member

Now Baylay vs. Naomi in a rematch

Incredible Member

Referee's can make matches now?

Extraordinary Member

Wait, what?

Roman and Goldberg is already a thing?

then what's the point of elimination chamber?!

Ultimate Member

Roman vs. Goldberg, which will likely be short and terrible.

Brock vs. Drew.

AJ vs. Taker, and they just made AJ look like a total b***h against Taker yesterday.

THREE of the top matches involve old part timers. If that isn't an indictment of WWE's failure to build new stars then I don't know what is.

Also Sasha losing in her return match, in her hometown no less. Will some fans still continue to spout the "it's fine, she'll be fine" drivel, probably. And of Lacey gets the Mania match over her, oh boy.

Also between this and last night, WWE sure knows how to celebrate Black History Month (obvious sarcasm).

Extraordinary Member

So Miz and Morrison will be going into the chamber

Incredible Member

Aleast the ending was cool.

Ultimate Member

Cena vs. Fiend. Well I don't think that Cena would have a problem putting over Fiend. I mean the guy came back for one night just to put over Becky Lynch for goodness sake.

The question is, will Vince allow it?

Astonishing Member

While I agree that the build for Mania has been scatterbrain lately. This one especially since we have so many talented performers with nothing to do.

Mania has become way too reliant on spectactle and not substance. The need to make dream matches over matches that move your shows forward. There are a ton of people that I would love to see Styles try to have match of the night with. Undertaker ain't one of them.

Incredible Member

what a terrible lineup for mania

reigns vs oldberg
    brock vs drew
    cena vs fiend
    flair vs ripley
    becky vs shayna
    edge vs orton

likely
    taker vs styles
    miz and morrison vs usos
    natalie and beth vs kairi and asuka
    otis vs dolph ziggler

I get the whole "automatic rematch" thing books them into a corner sometimes, but when Bray and Kofi lose their championships and don't even try to get them back, it just makes the belts look weak. If they don't even care about them, why should I?
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans