Page 1263 of 1275 FirstFirst ... 2637631163121312531259126012611262126312641265126612671273 ... LastLast
Results 18,931 to 18,945 of 19112
  1. #18931
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't understand why the Bucks are heels when FTR should be the heels. Nothing about this feud as made sense since it started. FTR needs to start saying no to some of this bullshit.

    It's because AEW is obsessed with Grey booking.This was perfectly set up in the beginning as FTR being outsider heels, who wanted to destroy the whole division.

    Then the Elite did a circle jerk soap opera where everybody did a heel turn which put everything out of wack.

    We had a nice storyline going where Page joined FTR and betrayed the Elite , so they can get the belts, which sets up the Bucks heroically chasing FTR for the titles. Also sets up the Page vs Omega feud.

    Instead we have a bunch of "edgy" faces and big dope Page.

  2. #18932
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    It's because AEW is obsessed with Grey booking.This was perfectly set up in the beginning as FTR being outsider heels, who wanted to destroy the whole division.

    Then the Elite did a circle jerk soap opera where everybody did a heel turn which put everything out of wack.

    We had a nice storyline going where Page joined FTR and betrayed the Elite , so they can get the belts, which sets up the Bucks heroically chasing FTR for the titles. Also sets up the Page vs Omega feud.

    Instead we have a bunch of "edgy" faces and big dope Page.
    True, it seemed obvious Page joining FTR was where the storyline was going then swerve it became "hahaha Page is a moron because he's a drunk", how stupid and pointless.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  3. #18933
    Extraordinary Member Malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeville, NY
    Posts
    9,019

    Default

    Now I kind of wish Jay Lethal was in AEW. He could be Sammy Davis Jr. to Jericho's Frank Sinatra and MJF's Dean Martin.
    Watching television is not an activity.

  4. #18934
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That musical segment can go to hell.

    it was silly but did you notice not out of character for mjf. personally i'll take a best friends segment over that anyday.

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Me neither. This belonged on GLOW. This needs to be one off.

    Jericho is a comedic face now. Stop fighting it in the need to be grey.

    I love Elias, so I don't mind singing in my wrestling. But that's a promo of sorts.

    Jericho and MJF is supposed to lead to a feud not a duet.

    This was a full on sketch. Kingston and Mox are killing it on the mic though.

    Fenix is a face. Just give in.

    NXT was great. I actually was surprised by the big reveal.
    uhhh no. jericho is still a super douchey heel. i'm hoping mjf and jericho is leading to a revamping of the inner circle. mjf and wardlow can replace sammy(to turn face) and jake(has a fight coming up).

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I agree about the Bucks.

    Plus, FTR having to cheat against every scrub team to squeak out a win is hurting their legit badass credentials, IMO. People in my circle who only or mainly watch AEW think FTR is "a joke" and "highly overrated" because of this poor booking.
    they kind of are imo

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    It's because AEW is obsessed with Grey booking.This was perfectly set up in the beginning as FTR being outsider heels, who wanted to destroy the whole division.

    Then the Elite did a circle jerk soap opera where everybody did a heel turn which put everything out of wack.

    We had a nice storyline going where Page joined FTR and betrayed the Elite , so they can get the belts, which sets up the Bucks heroically chasing FTR for the titles. Also sets up the Page vs Omega feud.

    Instead we have a bunch of "edgy" faces and big dope Page.
    i don't think it was set up that way so much as it was what you wanted it to be. when they 1st arrived they were doing a mutual respect kind of thing.

    i don't think omega is an edgy face, i think he's an oblivious heel. i've never been a big fan of omega but i love an oblivious heel and i actually think it's a role he can nail.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Now I kind of wish Jay Lethal was in AEW. He could be Sammy Davis Jr. to Jericho's Frank Sinatra and MJF's Dean Martin.
    well when you put it like that it sounds kind of awesome. i'd prefer lio rush to jay lethal in the sammy dave role though.

  5. #18935
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    it was silly but did you notice not out of character for mjf. personally i'll take a best friends segment over that anyday.



    uhhh no. jericho is still a super douchey heel. i'm hoping mjf and jericho is leading to a revamping of the inner circle. mjf and wardlow can replace sammy(to turn face) and jake(has a fight coming up).



    they kind of are imo



    i don't think it was set up that way so much as it was what you wanted it to be. when they 1st arrived they were doing a mutual respect kind of thing.

    i don't think omega is an edgy face, i think he's an oblivious heel. i've never been a big fan of omega but i love an oblivious heel and i actually think it's a role he can nail.



    well when you put it like that it sounds kind of awesome. i'd prefer lio rush to jay lethal in the sammy dave role though.
    I call Jericho a face simply because he is doing comedy. He puts everyone over when he is on commentary. Faces and heels sing his song when he comes to the ring.

    Lovable a-hole might describe him best now.

    FTR was getting buddy buddy with Page.Page openly was on the outs or on edge with the Elite.

    I think many saw the horsemen nods online.

    No one thought that Omega and Page was a long term thing .

    It felt pretty basic that a swerve was coming and Page was going to let FTR take the tag belts.

    Page being insecure about losing to the Bucks but not FTR makes FTR look bad.

    Then the Bucks going heel even though they are ones who got screwed by their friend .

    It really doesn't make sense to me. I rather have predictable storytelling that build structure to the show then a swerve that leaves everything aimless.

  6. #18936
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Now I kind of wish Jay Lethal was in AEW. He could be Sammy Davis Jr. to Jericho's Frank Sinatra and MJF's Dean Martin.
    Hilarious.

  7. #18937
    Extraordinary Member Malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeville, NY
    Posts
    9,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    it was silly but did you notice not out of character for mjf. personally i'll take a best friends segment over that anyday.



    uhhh no. jericho is still a super douchey heel. i'm hoping mjf and jericho is leading to a revamping of the inner circle. mjf and wardlow can replace sammy(to turn face) and jake(has a fight coming up).



    they kind of are imo



    i don't think it was set up that way so much as it was what you wanted it to be. when they 1st arrived they were doing a mutual respect kind of thing.

    i don't think omega is an edgy face, i think he's an oblivious heel. i've never been a big fan of omega but i love an oblivious heel and i actually think it's a role he can nail.



    well when you put it like that it sounds kind of awesome. i'd prefer lio rush to jay lethal in the sammy dave role though.
    Lio Rush would be good too. I just suggested Jay Lethal because I know how good he is with impressions.
    Watching television is not an activity.

  8. #18938
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,837

    Default

    The WCW/NJPW Collision in Korea show has been confirmed to be a topic in Darkside of the Ring third season

    https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/1...e-of-the-ring/

    I hope the producers manage to get Inoki for this episode. I know he did the show to save his political career but I want to see how it will try to spin it.

  9. #18939
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,016

    Default

    So no smackdown tonight?

  10. #18940
    Extraordinary Member Malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeville, NY
    Posts
    9,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So no smackdown tonight?
    I'm thinking because the World Series was on FOX, they moved Smackdown! to FS1.
    Watching television is not an activity.

  11. #18941
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I'm thinking because the World Series was on FOX, they moved Smackdown! to FS1.
    They did, it was actually a really good episode. Best in awhile.

  12. #18942
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,597

    Default

    All the stuff with Bryan/Owens/Street Profits was hilarious.

    Thank goodness that stupid Shorty G stuff is gone, it's done nothing good for Gable.

    Hopefully WWE finally starts using Bianca well.

    The Sasha/Bayley segment was great and "babyface with attitude/an edge" fits Sasha perfectly. She and Bayley should maul each other on Sunday and Sasha had better win, it'd be stupid for her not to.

    The Roman/Jey stuff continues to be awesome.

    Really good show overall.

  13. #18943
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I call Jericho a face simply because he is doing comedy. He puts everyone over when he is on commentary. Faces and heels sing his song when he comes to the ring.

    Lovable a-hole might describe him best now.

    FTR was getting buddy buddy with Page.Page openly was on the outs or on edge with the Elite.

    I think many saw the horsemen nods online.

    No one thought that Omega and Page was a long term thing .

    It felt pretty basic that a swerve was coming and Page was going to let FTR take the tag belts.

    Page being insecure about losing to the Bucks but not FTR makes FTR look bad.

    Then the Bucks going heel even though they are ones who got screwed by their friend .

    It really doesn't make sense to me. I rather have predictable storytelling that build structure to the show then a swerve that leaves everything aimless.
    you're probably overthinking it, nothing very confusing has actually happened.


    did anybody watch bound for glory??

  14. #18944
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    14,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    All three of WWE venues in Florida are being investigated for being covid hotspots. Linda will need to prep more bribe money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Apparently the WWE just won an award for being a "moral" corporation or something similar. What a joke that award must be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The WCW/NJPW Collision in Korea show has been confirmed to be a topic in Darkside of the Ring third season

    https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/1...e-of-the-ring/

    I hope the producers manage to get Inoki for this episode. I know he did the show to save his political career but I want to see how it will try to spin it.
    I believe this is the show where Muhammad Ali was there as well as a guest and seemed ready to fight Korean leader at the table after hearing how America wasn't as superior etc. I expect Ali's daughter to possibly appear and recount what her father told her.


    I really hope we get the Nalz story of him beating up Vince McMahon backstage comically. (A fact why Vince would never meet alone with wrestlers after it)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  15. #18945
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I believe this is the show where Muhammad Ali was there as well as a guest and seemed ready to fight Korean leader at the table after hearing how America wasn't as superior etc. I expect Ali's daughter to possibly appear and recount what her father told her.


    I really hope we get the Nalz story of him beating up Vince McMahon backstage comically. (A fact why Vince would never meet alone with wrestlers after it)
    Ric Flair was suppose to deliver a promo in the same vein as Ali and refused to do it. Korean officials were reluctant to let him leave after refusing. Scott Norton almost got himself killed when he called the place a shithole in a phone call with his wife.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •