Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
by your own assessment i would still say i'd prefer "fun" to "not a whole lot to complain about" & "without a whole lot of cringe"

imo AEW i more than just fun it's actually very good. great in ring action, very well done angles and feuds going on, a midcard that matters, and possibly most importantly seems to WANT to give the fans what THEY want.

the benefit of being in touch with your audience and thinking pissing on them is funny is that your audience usually enjoys the stuff you think is funny.

as i predicted your argument seems to be based on your feeling that NXT is less sports entertainment or in other words more different from WWE than AEW, but again that doesn't make it better.

agreed.

the build up for mania has been getting worse and worse for that past 3 years i think despite having all the time and resources in the world.
The point about there being less to complain about in NXT is more in reference to what I feel is more consistant booking. The booking is belieable without being overly silly like AEW and RAW/Smackdown can be... paired with an in-ring product that is as good or better than anything else on US TV, and yes I'd argue it's a better alternative to main roster WWE. Vinces main product is all about sports entertainment... thus a product with less emphasis on that makes for the strongest alternative because it's more different.