Page 965 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 46586591595596196296396496596696796896997510151065 ... LastLast
Results 14,461 to 14,475 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

All of my wtf
    https://twitter.com/FightfulWrestle/...62816739102720

NXT is dropping gender specificity for the women's title.

I think a small feud with Shotzi that ends with Shayna putting her over, will be Shayna's last run in nxt before moving on

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    From what I've observed, most people are lukewarm on Becky vs. Shayna at best, for a variety of reasons. Even more so if that's the follow up to Becky vs. Asuka, which has far more hype.
    Shayna's the obvious and best opponent for Becky. She beat both Becky and Bayley at Survivor Series, and despite losing t Rhea still have a fair amount of momentum coming off a dominant run in NXT.

They've never wrestled one on one, and they have a built in story stemming out of Becky defeating Ronda at least years Wrestlemania.

Obviously Asuka has more hype, because they haven't hyped Shayna yet. We don't even know she's in the RUmble. But I'm pretty sure IF that ends up being the plan, we'll get plenty of build up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    All of my wtf

That's silly. They don't do intergender wrestling( thank God), and there is nothing with the word "woman". I rather they changed the men's title to the NXT Men's World Title. Heavyweight is outdated because most of the men are cruiserweights.

NXT WOMENS WORLD TITLE is perfectly fine.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    All of my wtf

i'm all for gender equality and stuff like that but that's all kinds of stupid.

like........becky's not proud to be a woman anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i'm all for gender equality and stuff like that but that's all kinds of stupid.

like........becky's not proud to be a woman anymore?
    Do you want to go to work and be recognized as Employee of the Month or Woman's Employee of the Month?

And Becky was the loudest voice for this change.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Do you want to go to work and be recognized as Employee of the Month or Woman's Employee of the Month?

And Becky was the loudest voice for this change.
    but it's a belt for the top woman of the women's division. how is that a bad thing?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Shayna's the obvious and best opponent for Becky. She beat both Becky and Bayley at Survivor Series, and despite losing t Rhea still have a fair amount of momentum coming off a dominant run in NXT.

They've never wrestled one on one, and they have a built in story stemming out of Becky defeating Ronda at least years Wrestlemania.

Obviously Asuka has more hype, because they haven't hyped Shayna yet. We don't even know she's in the RUmble. But I'm pretty sure IF that ends up being the plan, we'll get plenty of build up.
    Shayna's controversial to begin with for many. And after basically two years of dominating the NXT title scene, a lot of people aren't all that excited to see her immediately put in yet another title feud on the MR, let alone win. Also given how they botched the Ronda thing last year, that's iffy to, and people aren't all that interested in seeing women like Asuka (and Sasha before her) lose to Becky just to see Ronda of Shayna brought in and immediately being put back in the top spot.

Also the last match didn't exactly impress people either.

Ultimate Member

but it's a belt for the top woman of the women's division. how is that a bad thing?
    By that logic, Adam Cole should be called the NXT Men's Champion."

but does that mean that men can go after the belt now, since it's gender-neutral? is the E gonna do inter-gender matches like impact?

Extraordinary Member

I don't have a problem with intergender matches so long as they're booked correctly.

Astonishing Member

I think a 4-Horsewoman 4-way would also be a big draw and something they've built up to. Or a Ronda vs. Becky Wrestlemania rematch. (I'm not counting out a surprise Ronda return and win)

The WWE pretty much gave the fans the winner they wanted for the Women's Rumble two years in a row, so I think they're going to go with who they want to push this year. The men's side will have a feel good winner.

Shayna's controversial to begin with for many. And after basically two years of dominating the NXT title scene, a lot of people aren't all that excited to see her immediately put in yet another title feud on the MR, let alone win. Also given how they botched the Ronda thing last year, that's iffy to, and people aren't all that interested in seeing women like Asuka (and Sasha before her) lose to Becky just to see Ronda of Shayna brought in and immediately being put back in the top spot.

Also the last match didn't exactly impress people either.
    Sure there are people who would rather see someone else. You can say that about pretty much anyone you put in there. But I'd still argue she's the most logical choice as a Wrestlemania opponent. The fact that she was dominant in NXT for the past 2 years is exactly why she's a good choice to be put in this position, especially since Becky already lost to her. You want the most dominant heel you can find to face off against the biggest babyface in the company at the biggest match of the year... and really that's Shayna right now UNLESS Ronda somehow sneaks into the equation.

It's not a needed name. If the Men's division was called that, I would agree. Either delineate both or drop the sex from the title. They could even memorialize titles like the Sammartino World Champion or the Stratus World Bantamweight.

Switching to weight classes doesn't necessarily mean they're doing inter-gender matches. I don't think many men in the WWE would qualify for feather, fly, or bantam kayfabe. And vice versa. Kayfabe.

I really think they're just looking at turning the women's titles into WWE World Bantamweight, WWE World Featherweight to go along with the other titles. While women traditionally fight at the weight in WWE, you do open a story if you want to have a Spike or Marko Stunt take a run. Kind of like how they presented the IC title a few times, "Traditionally held by men, women like Chyna have held the title."

The women want to be on the same level as men and not treated as second or being minimized.

They don't need the word women in the title. It's 2020. We can see it's 2 women duking it out. It's superfluous at this point.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

He should be. Nothing wrong with that. He sure as hell isnt a heavyweight