Page 818 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 318718768808814815816817818819820821822828868918 ... LastLast
Results 12,256 to 12,270 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    But have you not seen how some in mma will NOT tap?? Like big Nog getting his arm broken in a kimura or Holm getting choked to sleep while still trying to punch on the same night mcgregor tapped. Its not unbelievable that some people will go to sleep or get limbs snapped before rather than submit. Darby’s character thrives on pain. I think he definitely should have passed out rather than tap unless they’re going to do some angle where Darby is disappointed with himself for quitting.

Can’t understand why people want to see squash matches on signed roster talent in AEW. That’s what local talent is for. Squashes don’t do anything for established talent anyways.
    Not to mention AEW is less than year old, and been on TV for less than a month. They need to hit the ground running, not turning people off with dull, quarter-minute squash matches.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Not to mention AEW is less than year old, and been on TV for less than a month. They need to hit the ground running, not turning people off with dull, quarter-minute squash matches.
    There's nothing wrong with squash matches. AEW just had one this week with the LAX match. Squashes are a fine tool when you want to put someone over especially since the majority of AEW roster are complete unknowns to the mainstream wrestling audience.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    But have you not seen how some in mma will NOT tap?? Like big Nog getting his arm broken in a kimura or Holm getting choked to sleep while still trying to punch on the same night mcgregor tapped. Its not unbelievable that some people will go to sleep or get limbs snapped before rather than submit. Darby’s character thrives on pain. I think he definitely should have passed out rather than tap unless they’re going to do some angle where Darby is disappointed with himself for quitting.

Can’t understand why people want to see squash matches on signed roster talent in AEW. That’s what local talent is for. Squashes don’t do anything for established talent anyways.
    I've seen some MMA guys not tap in a few Rizin fights. If they wanted for Darby to pass out to make him look strong I wouldn't mind but I'm not going to be upset to see any guy no matter the gimmick tap out.

It's possible to have an entertaining match that only lasts a few minutes. MJF got a good three minutes out of Brandon Cutler in the debut show. There are some guys that being destroyed is the best thing they can offer like the librarian which a god awful gimmick anyway and Stunt where being ragdoll'd around the ring is the only thing I would ever want to see from him.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Though I don't personally like squash matches, with the right wrestler that's over enough they DO work with the right wrestler if they're over enough. Goldberg being the best example of that. It sort of depends, and obviously you want to create the right balance of longer and shorter matches.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Jericho comparing Stunt to Mysterio and Malenko doesn't land for me. I understand where he's getting at but those guys at least look like adult athletes (as long as Rey has his mask on). Stunt is a borderline midget who looks like a 12 year old. The disconnect happens as soon as I look at him. If they had to see Stunt I wish that the Lucha Bros squashed him.
    well it would kind of kill the point of the tournament to have a squash match. jungle boy and stunt got just enough offense in to look like threats to the lucha bros but not enough that they could win over them. and frankly, after the last couple of weeks, i'm tired of squashes on named talent. like lbo said, squashes don't do anything signed talent.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    well it would kind of kill the point of the tournament to have a squash match. jungle boy and stunt got just enough offense in to look like threats to the lucha bros but not enough that they could win over them. and frankly, after the last couple of weeks, i'm tired of squashes on named talent. like lbo said, squashes don't do anything signed talent.
    It was a last minute change. I don't see how it would hurt the tournament by squashing Stunt since it wasn't suppose to be a participant to begin with.

Stunt being a threat to anyone is ridiculous. That's the whole damn issue with him. He can't believably fight anyone.

Ultimate Member

It was a last minute change. I don't see how it would hurt the tournament by squashing Stunt since it wasn't suppose to be a participant to begin with.

Stunt being a threat to anyone is ridiculous. That's the whole damn issue with him. He can't believably fight anyone.
    Quoted for truth.

Stunt can’t seriously be viewed as a threat. I mean...look at him. He looks.....stunted. (Pun fully intended).

i'm not saying he should've won. but he clearly can go. he's no hornswaggle.

like jericho said, "over is over".

i'm not saying he should've won. but he clearly can go. he's no hornswaggle.

like jericho said, "over is over".
    He can be over. Guys like Spike Dudley and Mikey Whipwreck made careers out getting destroyed and tossed around. To believe that Stunt can be more than that is ridiculous.

He can be over. Guys like Spike Dudley and Mikey Whipwreck made careers out getting destroyed and tossed around. To believe that Stunt can be more than that is ridiculous.
    well then i guess rey mysterio shouldn't be a threat to anyone since he's shorter than me and i'm 5'5.

but nevermind that. actual wrestling skill doesn't matter. only size does.

well then i guess rey mysterio shouldn't be a threat to anyone since he's shorter than me and i'm 5'5.

I don't have a difficult time believing Mysterio because the guy is built and was capable of doing things every few people could do even in wrestling. He physically didn't look like a child. Not even Spike looked that pathetic and he was meant to be a runt.

I don't have a difficult time believing Mysterio because the guy is built and was capable of doing things every few people could do even in wrestling. He physically didn't look like a child. Not even Spike looked that pathetic and he was meant to be a runt.
    "you have to be this tall to wrestle".

Astonishing Member

Stunt is not Rey.
    Stunt is not Malenko.
    He can do things that most cruisers can do, but he is built like a 14 year old... A small 14 year old.

To pretend like wrestling is not a visual based form of entertainment is just dishonest.

Not saying there is not a place for him in wrestling. But stepping toe with two of the best like Fenix and Pentagon is just a bad idea.

If everyone is special than no one is.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Stunt is not Rey.
    Stunt is not Malenko.
    He can do things that most cruisers can do, but he is built like a 14 year old... A small 14 year old.

To pretend like wrestling is not a visual based form of entertainment is just dishonest.

Not saying there is not a place for him in wrestling. But stepping toe with two of the best like Fenix and Pentagon is just a bad idea.

If everyone is special than no one is.
    He's also partnered with a Dinosaur and Tarzan. If there's any team in AEW that unrealistic stuff is acceptable with, it's the Jurassic Express

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    He's also partnered with a Dinosaur and Tarzan. If there's any team in AEW that unrealistic stuff is acceptable with, it's the Jurassic Express
    I think he dragging the their team down. What is he adding to it? He's just there.