Page 1007 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 7507907957997100310041005100610071008100910101011101710571107 ... LastLast
Results 15,091 to 15,105 of 19298
    Incredible Member

who wants to see another 3 minutes goldberg match at mania

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's not the only reason I think NXT is a better WWE alternative. I also think NXT is a more consistantly booked product. AEW is kind of uneven.

As far as the goals of NXT Japan... sure I imagine they want to do more than JUST create content and develop stars. And I'm sure New Japan ideally would LIKE to surpass the WWE in the States when they started running shows and trying to get TV here in the States, but I'm frankly assuming they're not expecting it or using that as a real barameter of sucess either. I'm sure Vince would love it if NXT Japan somehow someway became the top wrestling company in Japan... but if it falls well short of that and they're only able to create good content and create stars, then NXT Japan will have been able to justify it's own existance.
    Imo NXT is booked consistently average, or consistent as in it’s been the same for a very long time.
    Idk what uneven means in this case but Dynamite has been great pretty much since the beginning of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So NXT Set up Fin Balor vs. WALTER, and AEW set up PAC vs Orange Cassidy
    Love Walter and Finn but really xcited to see how pac vs Cassidy goes. I think when Cassidy shows what he can do outside of the gimmick stuff he’s going to get over big

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Can someone explain to me why Bianca is being buried? I was furious with NXT last night.
    Because Charlotte needs to be established and look strong going into the match with rhea duh!!

In the case of Brock, I think Drew beating him for the WWE title at Wrestlemania actually will help to build him up as a star.
    If beating Bork at mania for the title only HELPS to BUILD HIM UP as a star then they failed somewhere in a big way. The building should be done, winning the title at mania should cement him as a star if not THE star.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I don't see Roman getting booed for beating the Fiend. Both are classic face and heel. The man has conquered cancer and now he conquers the greatest evil of all. It's hero 101. The kids would love it. Everything doesn't have to build around smarks. A young face vs a senior citizen face gets no one over other than the old dude.

Plus, it just won't be a good match. Goldberg couldn't go when he was young.
    Goldberg could go when he was young, dude was very athletic and crazy strong. He wasn’t going to carry shitty wrestlers to great matches but very few can.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    And then they'll put the belt right back on Brock a few months later and we'll get the exact same story all over again next year. Just like Seth and Roman and others before Drew.

It's so tedious at this point. Brock is a talented guy, but wow is his booking boring at this point. They've been doing the same crap with him for like five years now, and it's gotten really old.
    And the way they’ve booked the babyfaces the last few years the wins over Bork haven’t meant much at all.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This repeated nonsense with Reigns and Lesnar is why I grew tired of the WWE product as has others. Their most noteworthy character and something that has caught on...they buried to Bill Goldberg. Now I liked Goldberg's act back in WCW and he was a hell of a monster face at one point. But he's now in his mid 50's and isn't the same monster he should be booked as.

They had a chance to make The Fiend be a real immortal character. The Fiend could have conquered Bill Goldberg and staked a claim he is a monster of a new era. Instead the company blew it major. How bad did they misjudge this ? The camera comically in a video that the WWE had removed , shows a fan do a **** THIS **** waive like it was garbage he saw. Its likely the fan doing that waive will be edited out from replays.

Brock squashed Kofi last year in this bizarre push to the past that isn't working. Business is down and the repeated belief that they can make it work doing this likely has the roster who are growing pissed like Luke Harper and Matt Hardy an exit in their minds. Why stick with a company that when you get HOT as a character , get so over then your squashed to a part timer old guy ? After awhile of having the ball jerked from you , you develop a CM Punk attitude really. I can see why Punk told HHH how he ruined something and now wants to put him over a few years later ? To hell with that.

Honestly the company has a great feel good story they could have ran at Wrestlemania and did $$$ with it. Its amazing to see a ball dropped so BIG its amazing we never saw it done since literally the guy who returned would be perfect for this.

- Edge returned at Royal Rumble and quickly was pushed into a program with Randy Orton. Which isn't bad , but the company could have added another element ...The Fiend. Orton soon gets help from Bray Wyatt in this program. That way as Edge finishes off Randy , you segue into The Fiend vs Edge at Wrestlemania. The Fiend could naturally claim he is gonna end Edge's career once again , that he will retire him for good. Edge will show he has to defeat the biggest foe he's ever faced and somehow get to the top of the mountain of WWE again...at Wrestlemania.

Its kinda amazing the company had this long awaited return of Edge and really had no intention of doing a Wrestlemania big push.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This repeated nonsense with Reigns and Lesnar is why I grew tired of the WWE product as has others. Their most noteworthy character and something that has caught on...they buried to Bill Goldberg. Now I liked Goldberg's act back in WCW and he was a hell of a monster face at one point. But he's now in his mid 50's and isn't the same monster he should be booked as.

They had a chance to make The Fiend be a real immortal character. The Fiend could have conquered Bill Goldberg and staked a claim he is a monster of a new era. Instead the company blew it major. How bad did they misjudge this ? The camera comically in a video that the WWE had removed , shows a fan do a **** THIS **** waive like it was garbage he saw. Its likely the fan doing that waive will be edited out from replays.

Brock squashed Kofi last year in this bizarre push to the past that isn't working. Business is down and the repeated belief that they can make it work doing this likely has the roster who are growing pissed like Luke Harper and Matt Hardy an exit in their minds. Why stick with a company that when you get HOT as a character , get so over then your squashed to a part timer old guy ? After awhile of having the ball jerked from you , you develop a CM Punk attitude really. I can see why Punk told HHH how he ruined something and now wants to put him over a few years later ? To hell with that.

Honestly the company has a great feel good story they could have ran at Wrestlemania and did $$$ with it. Its amazing to see a ball dropped so BIG its amazing we never saw it done since literally the guy who returned would be perfect for this.

- Edge returned at Royal Rumble and quickly was pushed into a program with Randy Orton. Which isn't bad , but the company could have added another element ...The Fiend. Orton soon gets help from Bray Wyatt in this program. That way as Edge finishes off Randy , you segue into The Fiend vs Edge at Wrestlemania. The Fiend could naturally claim he is gonna end Edge's career once again , that he will retire him for good. Edge will show he has to defeat the biggest foe he's ever faced and somehow get to the top of the mountain of WWE again...at Wrestlemania.

Its kinda amazing the company had this long awaited return of Edge and really had no intention of doing a Wrestlemania big push.
    Orton vs Edge is a pretty big match... frankly I think it's a better one than than Edge vs the Fiend. There's history there. Orton right now is probably doing a better job at being a monster than the Fiend is... he's getting solid heat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    Imo NXT is booked consistently average, or consistent as in it’s been the same for a very long time.
    Idk what uneven means in this case but Dynamite has been great pretty much since the beginning of the year.

Love Walter and Finn but really xcited to see how pac vs Cassidy goes. I think when Cassidy shows what he can do outside of the gimmick stuff he’s going to get over big

Because Charlotte needs to be established and look strong going into the match with rhea duh!!

If beating Bork at mania for the title only HELPS to BUILD HIM UP as a star then they failed somewhere in a big way. The building should be done, winning the title at mania should cement him as a star if not THE star.

Goldberg could go when he was young, dude was very athletic and crazy strong. He wasn’t going to carry shitty wrestlers to great matches but very few can.

And the way they’ve booked the babyfaces the last few years the wins over Bork haven’t meant much at all.
    As far as Drew goes yeah... you can argue there was a failure here in that honestly his big main event level push really started at the Rumble. It feels sort of last minute. Ideally there should have been much more leading up to that. They probably should have pushed him harder prior to this if the idea was for him to become the top face of the RAW brand (outside of Becky of course).

That said, despite how last minute it feels, I do think it's actually working surprisingingly well so far.

As far as NXT booking goes... I'd say it's consistant in that week after week it doesn't leave us with a whole lot of to complain about. The booking overall makes sense without a whole lot of cringy worthy stuff, and that paired with a good wrestling product week after week I at least think leaves us with a better alternative to the WWE main roster than anything else out there in mainstream US TV.

Don't get me wrong, I consider AEW very fun TV and has improved in the last couple months ... but it has the same amount of goofy stuff that WWE main roster has. THe difference being it's goofy stuff that the Elite find funny as opposed to goofy stuff Vince finds funny. And there's nothing wrong with that at all... but I think NXT offers something with a different feel.

Astonishing Member

The Goldberg segment on Smackdown popped at over 3 million viewers. So that's what WWE was undoubtedly chasing with their last minute Mania plans. Is it worth shitting on your core audience to try to get a few new eyeballs?

I think you now risk having your Reigns/Goldberg match boo'd once again.

Ultimate Member

Goldberg is an indictment on WWE's failure to build new stars, and while their nostalgia pandering may work short term, it will come back to bite sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    The Goldberg segment on Smackdown popped at over 3 million viewers. So that's what WWE was undoubtedly chasing with their last minute Mania plans. Is it worth shitting on your core audience to try to get a few new eyeballs?

I think you now risk having your Reigns/Goldberg match boo'd once again.
    I've said for years and so have others ... if you want to send WWE a message just do two things:

1) If you paid for a show and there's a garbage segment like that, LEAVE. Don't come back.
    2) Stop buying merch of old/retired/dead wrestlers.

Then they'll stop doing stuff like that.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

The word is that WWE wants to do Roman vs Goldberg at mania, and Fiend vs Cena

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I've said for years and so have others ... if you want to send WWE a message just do two things:

1) If you paid for a show and there's a garbage segment like that, LEAVE. Don't come back.
    2) Stop buying merch of old/retired/dead wrestlers.

People were doing that for Roman Reigns/Samoa Joe matches at one point and that did change. They also started putting the match in the middle of the card so people couldn't just walk out lol.

Neither program is bad. Just the wrong one for the title. Fiend vs. Cena is actually a good storyline. Cena going for a title to break the world title reigns record against a wrestler he has history with.

Reigns and Goldberg are two dominant wrestlers both of whom love to use the Spear.

Astonishing Member

Orton vs Edge is a pretty big match... frankly I think it's a better one than than Edge vs the Fiend. There's history there. Orton right now is probably doing a better job at being a monster than the Fiend is... he's getting solid heat.
    Yeah, its way better match. The Fiend should have been facing either Reigns or Kofi at Mania. Smackdown biggest faces vs it's greatest heel.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Yeah, its way better match. The Fiend should have been facing either Reigns or Kofi at Mania. Smackdown biggest faces vs it's greatest heel.
    If Fiend lost to Goldberg and isn't getting the win back, then Fiend needs to feud with someone he can actually beat. That's probably not Roman.

Kofi works, if he's not needed on the tag team side of things with New Day. Braun works too, as Fiend can prove he's more of a monster than the monster among men. And Cena kinda works, if he ends up actually wrestling at WM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Well guess that's means Cena get attacked by the Fiend tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    who wants to see another 3 minutes goldberg match at mania
    Goldberg's walk to the ring will last longer than his match.

As far as Drew goes yeah... you can argue there was a failure here in that honestly his big main event level push really started at the Rumble. It feels sort of last minute. Ideally there should have been much more leading up to that. They probably should have pushed him harder prior to this if the idea was for him to become the top face of the RAW brand (outside of Becky of course).

That said, despite how last minute it feels, I do think it's actually working surprisingingly well so far.

As far as NXT booking goes... I'd say it's consistant in that week after week it doesn't leave us with a whole lot of to complain about. The booking overall makes sense without a whole lot of cringy worthy stuff, and that paired with a good wrestling product week after week I at least think leaves us with a better alternative to the WWE main roster than anything else out there in mainstream US TV. Don't get me wrong, I consider AEW very fun TV and has improved in the last couple months
    by your own assessment i would still say i'd prefer "fun" to "not a whole lot to complain about" & "without a whole lot of cringe"

imo AEW i more than just fun it's actually very good. great in ring action, very well done angles and feuds going on, a midcard that matters, and possibly most importantly seems to WANT to give the fans what THEY want.

... but it has the same amount of goofy stuff that WWE main roster has. THe difference being it's goofy stuff that the Elite find funny as opposed to goofy stuff Vince finds funny. And there's nothing wrong with that at all... but I think NXT offers something with a different feel.
    the benefit of being in touch with your audience and thinking pissing on them is funny is that your audience usually enjoys the stuff you think is funny.

as i predicted your argument seems to be based on your feeling that NXT is less sports entertainment or in other words more different from WWE than AEW, but again that doesn't make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Goldberg is an indictment on WWE's failure to build new stars, and while their nostalgia pandering may work short term, it will come back to bite sooner or later.
    agreed.

the build up for mania has been getting worse and worse for that past 3 years i think despite having all the time and resources in the world.