Page 701 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2016016516916976986997007017027037047057117518011201 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,515 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WWE didn't give themselves a lot of time to setup a match with Rowan with the reveal happening in the go home show. Buddy would want some payback for being tossed around the locker room by Roman. The PPV already has 10 matches on the card. With some of the planned matches ending up on TV instead. I don't think they will be able to squeeze Roman in
    roman vs buddy on kick off show? makes 11

Dominion 2017: Part 3 6 11 17
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Omega https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazuchika_Okada defending the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IWGP_H...t_Championship WOW
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-09-2019 at 03:00 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

WWE is in talks to purchase Fite TV. WWE trying to put the death nail on American Indies.

WWE is in talks to purchase Fite TV. WWE trying to put the death nail on American Indies.
    Fite seems to be denying it. So it appears that American Indies will line on another day.

I would have made it a pre-show match but I guess WWE can't have their precious Alexa work a pre-show.
    According to the Wrestlers Observer, it was Heymans call to move the match to RAW intead of Summerslam.

It's funny how 3/4 of the people in that match were Smackdown superstars, including the actual champions, but the RAW executive producer made the call. I guess brands sort of don't matter at this point. I would have thought they would mean more after we got 2 different executive producers for both shows but the opposite seems to be taking place.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    According to the Wrestlers Observer, it was Heymans call to move the match to RAW intead of Summerslam.

It's funny how 3/4 of the people in that match were Smackdown superstars, including the actual champions, but the RAW executive producer made the call. I guess brands sort of don't matter at this point. I would have thought they would mean more after we got 2 different executive producers for both shows but the opposite seems to be taking place.
    You think the Superstars would themselves be pissed about it since they aren't getting a SummerSlam payday now.

Ultimate Member

What ticked me off was that this entire story was about The IIconics ducky Asuka & Kairi for months. Yet the "payoff" to it was Alexa and Nikki getting thrown in there last minute barely two weeks after announcing they wanted them, and yet THEY win the belts, with Alexa pinning Kairi.

It's a nice microcosm of how WWE SUCKS at paying storylines off well, and everything wrong with Vince's philosophy these days.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    You think the Superstars would themselves be pissed about it since they aren't getting a SummerSlam payday now.
    Yeah, at least from the perspective of their pocketbooks Heyman pulling them off the PPV and onto RAW didn't do any of the 8 women involved any favors.

Though I wonder if he believed at far as the titles were concerned, it was better that the title change occur on RAW (which most WWE fans watch) than the pre-show (which a lot of people don't bother watching). Maybe that was his logic. Hard to say.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm 100% certain Banks and Bayley have been depushed after both got nailed in "gotcha moments" on Fair Game on FS1.

The host walked them back into not having a union and helping them form a CBA.

Vince is not happy that Fox is pushing for a CBA on both the XFL and WWE. Like, apparently it was a part of the deal to air either shows.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Why wouldn't Becky want to feud with her? They had great chemistry in NXT and it was the Takeover match with Sasha that first got Becky noticed by many fans. Plus it'd be HUGE step up from getting stuck with Lacey and Nattie for months as well.

This feud is such a no brainer.

WWE has done a really bad job of building summerslam this year imo. i'm thinking i might use my money to sub to highspots for a month, that or download the champions carnival from ivp, i haven't watched any AJPW in years.

Astonishing Member

7 1 17 G1 Special in the USA: Night 1
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cody_Rhodes vs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazuchika_Okada defending the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IWGP_H...t_Championship
    today
    G1 climax 29 A block final (axs tv)
    then
    NXT TakeOver: Toronto
    then
    ring of honor saturday night
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-10-2019 at 02:45 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

daisuke sekimoto will make his PWG debut at BOLA. man i hope this opens the door for more BJW talent to work in PWG and US indy promotions.

all participants have now been announced, matches will be announced next week. lots of fresh blood this year.
    A-Kid
    Jonathan Gresham
    Artemis Spencer
    Darby Allin
    Mick Morretti
    Orange Cassidy
    Bandido
    Caveman Ugg
    Jake Atlas
    Tony Deppen
    Rey Fenix
    Lucky Kid
    Joey Janela
    Brody King
    Barbaro Cavernario
    Trey Miguel
    Jungle Boy
    Black Taurus
    Rey Horus
    David Starr
    Laredo Kid
    Jeff Cobb
    Dragon Lee
    Pentagon Jr.
    Daisuke Sekimoto

i hope they bring in luchasaurus for 1 night and do cavenario & caveman ugg vs jungle boy & luchasaurus
    Last edited by BigLbo; 08-10-2019 at 04:54 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So Billy Corgan announced that starting in October that NWA will start airing their own show coming from Atlanta , Georgia.

This is kinda a smart thing to base a TV show around the former area of NWA's key strong market. But this enters a very busy wrestling era now for TV and streaming.

NWA
    Impact Wrestling
    All Elite Wrestling
    NXT (airing soon on Fox Sports 1)
    ROH (Sinclair stations)
    Lucha Underground
    New Japan (Axs TV)
    MLW (BeiN Sports)

Holy **** that is a lot of choice now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    WWE has done a really bad job of building summerslam this year imo. i'm thinking i might use my money to sub to highspots for a month, that or download the champions carnival from ivp, i haven't watched any AJPW in years.
    Yeah the build for most of the matches had been, lacking, to be sure.