Page 511 of 511 FirstFirst ... 11411461501507508509510511
Results 7,651 to 7,661 of 7661
  1. #7651
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,476

    Default

    -There's a reason why many other legends name Flair as either the GOAT, or their personal favorite.

    -There's a reason why Flair was NWA Champion for most of the 1980's essentially, and held all those titles.

    -There's a reason why Flair won the top belt in pretty much every promotion that he ever worked for, including NWA, WCW, and WWF.

    -There's a reason why even during his final WWE run, when he was obviously well past his prime ME years, they still booked him in fairly prominent positions in the show (Evolution/his alliance with Triple H being the obvious one of course), and he was used to put over younger up and comers (because his status spoke for itself, so there was still some rub to be had by beating him).

    -Etc.

    Flair was the total package in terms of what a "pro wrestler" needs to be, plus he was a big draw for many years as well.

  2. #7652
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    8,502

    Default

    I prefer Undertaker but Flair is the better of the two.

    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO00000ooooooo!!!!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  3. #7653
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,131

    Default

    i'm a fan of both but in terms of just from an objective standpoint, ric stands out more, due to being a bit more active at a higher level and having worked for a lot more companies than taker. but the difference is only just paper-thin.

  4. #7654
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    8,502

    Default

    Flair is to wrestling as what Undertaker is to the WWE.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  5. #7655
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,131

    Default

    in sadder news, ricochet's mother's house burned down and now he started a gofundme.

    and some people are calling it a scam because they think he and all other wrestlers are "millionaires".

  6. #7656
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    5,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    in sadder news, ricochet's mother's house burned down and now he started a gofundme.

    and some people are calling it a scam because they think he and all other wrestlers are "millionaires".
    Ricochet is the first donator with $2000. Those people are assholes.

  7. #7657
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Ricochet is the first donator with $2000. Those people are assholes.
    and those same peeps are like "why should i have to pay? he should've saved his money."

    smdh.

  8. #7658
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    -There's a reason why many other legends name Flair as either the GOAT, or their personal favorite.

    -There's a reason why Flair was NWA Champion for most of the 1980's essentially, and held all those titles.

    -There's a reason why Flair won the top belt in pretty much every promotion that he ever worked for, including NWA, WCW, and WWF.
    And that reason was that Nick Bockwinkel preferred AWA's lighter schedule.

  9. #7659
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Charlotte doesn't have to be pinned if Ronda loses. Thats how triple threat matches work. You don't need to beat both people to beat both people.


    i thank god you're around to tell me how wrestling works.
    that said you do know charlotte was also in the match yes?? so when you say "I don't see how you can argue Becky didn't beat anyone for the belts." i mention charlotte because she is one of the 2 people who held a belt going into the match that becky did not pin or submit

    And Becky was cocky before she even won the match, so it's not like we should assume she's going to stop being after afterwards. It's her character. If Ronda were around for a rematch I"m sure Becky would be happy to give her one, but she's still going to rub it in Ronda and everyone elses face that she won because that's just what new Becky does.
    nothing wrong with being cocky before the match, but gloating over a cheap win due to a bad call isn't badass babyface, it's cowardly heel 101. if anything she should be pissed the ref blew the call because she KNOWS she could've won legitimately.

    Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    And that reason was that Nick Bockwinkel preferred AWA's lighter schedule.


    i always say that to me bockwinkle was a believable version of flair. i could never buy flair as a jet-setting playboy(even if he was living the gimmick). he just looked and acted too stupid. bockwinkle was believable to me as an older dude that used his money and influence to pick up younger women.

  10. #7660
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post


    i thank god you're around to tell me how wrestling works.
    that said you do know charlotte was also in the match yes?? so when you say "I don't see how you can argue Becky didn't beat anyone for the belts." i mention charlotte because she is one of the 2 people who held a belt going into the match that becky did not pin or submit



    nothing wrong with being cocky before the match, but gloating over a cheap win due to a bad call isn't badass babyface, it's cowardly heel 101. if anything she should be pissed the ref blew the call because she KNOWS she could've won legitimately.





    i always say that to me bockwinkle was a believable version of flair. i could never buy flair as a jet-setting playboy(even if he was living the gimmick). he just looked and acted too stupid. bockwinkle was believable to me as an older dude that used his money and influence to pick up younger women.
    Doesn't matter if Charlotte didn't get pinned or submitted... again, Becky beat both of them when she pinned Ronda. That's how a triple threat match works. You saying over and over again that Becky didn't beat them doesn't actually make it true. That's why Becky is walking around with 2 belt, while Charlotte and Ronda aren't.

  11. #7661
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Doesn't matter if Charlotte didn't get pinned or submitted... again, Becky beat both of them when she pinned Ronda. That's how a triple threat match works. You saying over and over again that Becky didn't beat them doesn't actually make it true. That's why Becky is walking around with 2 belt, while Charlotte and Ronda aren't.
    it actually does matter because if becky had pinned or submitted charlotte she would have a right to brag.

    did you really miss the part where rondas' shoulders weren't down or just ignoring it because WWE told you to??

    oh and if you don't mind could you also tell me how a tag team match works, how many people have to be pinned to win 1 of those??
    Last edited by BigLbo; Yesterday at 11:24 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •