Page 875 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 375775825865871872873874875876877878879885925975 ... LastLast
Results 13,111 to 13,125 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by master of read
    hell has frozen over!!
    Quite quickly might I add!
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Hunico was just a WWE guy on the out, so I was just looking there, not anywhere else.

I forgot about Claudio and Generico in WWE still, haha. I revise my list. Steen/Generico/Claudio exit as the big group because somebody burned down that orphanage. Rusev ends up in the Jericho spot.

And I'm just spit-balling here.

I was unaware Nakamura signed a new deal, I thought just Randy did. Rey took an option in August to extend his contract to 18 months was the only other one I was aware of.
    Owens I don't see going anywhere unless Vince messes with his money.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    IDK Owens is a family man, if AEW can pay him a competitive rate and allow him to spend more time with his family I could see him leaving, especially when considering how tight he is with the bucks.

Still don't get why people give a **** about punk.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    Still don't get why people give a **** about punk.
    I wonder if you'd be saying that if he went to AEW instead. From what I've seen a lot of people (mostly AEW fans) were praising Punk as the greatest thing ever when they thought he would sign with AEW. Now that he's not all of a sudden he isn't so great.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    IDK Owens is a family man, if AEW can pay him a competitive rate and allow him to spend more time with his family I could see him leaving, especially when considering how tight he is with the bucks.
    if KO leaves, i can see sami jumping with him. and vis versa.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It was reported weeks ago Punk was in talks to be a host of the Fox Sports show . Since its done by Fox. He tried out for the role weeks ago.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    I wonder if you'd be saying that if he went to AEW instead. From what I've seen a lot of people (mostly AEW fans) were praising Punk as the greatest thing ever when they thought he would sign with AEW. Now that he's not all of a sudden he isn't so great.
    Nope. Lbo has been consistent on Punk.

But I am firm member of Punks cult of personality.

Welcome back to the neighborhood, Mr. Brooks!!!

Astonishing Member

Which he won't.

This is a new financial era for the WWE. They have a billion dollar deal for Smackdown. They have a yearly 100 million dollar deal from the two Saudi shows. They have the Network. They have USA deal.

They are making the kind of money, where they can reduce house shows.They can afford to have Owens to be a part time worker making full time money.

While the Kahn family has that kind of money, AEW does not.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Which he won't.

This is a new financial era for the WWE. They have a billion dollar deal for Smackdown. They have a yearly 100 million dollar deal from the two Saudi shows. They have the Network. They have USA deal.

They are making the kind of money, where they can reduce house shows.They can afford to have Owens to be a part time worker making full time money.

While the Kahn family has that kind of money, AEW does not.
    WWE is, for now, being artificially kept afloat by it's TV deals. If the continuing trends of declining ratings, declining ticket sales, and declining merch sales continue like they have that's all going to change with a quickness.

WWE is, for now, being artificially kept afloat by it's TV deals. If the continuing trends of declining ratings, declining ticket sales, and declining merch sales continue like they have that's all going to change with a quickness.
    All that said, it's still probably a more secure place to work right now than AEW. WWE may decline... but it's likely not going to ever go away for a long long long time. AEW is more of a gamble at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    All that said, it's still probably a more secure place to work right now than AEW. WWE may decline... but it's likely not going to ever go away for a long long long time. AEW is more of a gamble at this point.
    AEW and WWE are more secure than any other American promotion. CMLL, AAA, NJPW, AJPW, NCW, WAW, and ASW are all very secure, too. I was going to add ECCW in there as well as both Dragon Gates and ROH but all four have been reporting financial issues as of late.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-13-2019 at 11:51 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

I don't agree with artificial part of your statement, but they are going to have to start creating and maintaining stars to get money for their next contracts.

TV contracts are a part of the business. They are as valid a means of revenue as anything else.

Astonishing Member

Supposedly, one of the reasons that WWE was so valuable this time around was that it's TV ratings were not declining as quickly as other sports. Given the length of Fox's contract, they are playing the long game with WWE.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    AEW as an entity is fully funded for the next five years or so, Dynamite has pretty much exceeded all of TNT's expectations, and it's other shows are, from what I understand, making money.

I would say that's fairly stable, especially when compared to the nascent days of say, TNA or RoH.