Page 815 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 315715765805811812813814815816817818819825865915 ... LastLast
Results 12,211 to 12,225 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    I'm ready to believe Ref Aubrey's gonna suplex a fool one day lol
    She got shoved by a dude a few months back and DDT'd the fool. Jake would've been proud, it was beautiful.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-17-2019 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Quoted the wrong people.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The ref straight up got out of the ring when Omega brought in the weapons. What a goddamn coward. If it was Audrey Edwards she would have taken the weapons or rang the bell.
    i hear they were running an angle that that particular ref is scared of mox.

Astonishing Member

Kayden has been signed to NXT. (There's no way they allow her to look that good against Io otherwise)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

WWE will have an official podcast
    https://twitter.com/WWEPR/status/1184912676281040897

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Speaking of the Podcast I wonder if they will make the mistake of what WWF Livewire and WWE Byte This did. If anyone doesn't remember the WWF tried these call in shows and get questions from viewers about the product. Instead to troll the company viewers would call in and ask live questions about other companies. This was a perfect deal in 1996 as Jim Ross is getting pissed at the WCW questions...

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

If you guys haven't heard the news already is that Bushiroad, the current parent company of NJPW acquired Joshi Promotion Wonder Ring STARDOM. Mind you both companies will be separated and would not do joint crossovers since STARDOM content will not appear NJPW World and it will remain on their own streaming service.
    Last edited by DragonKent17; 10-17-2019 at 10:12 PM.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Ultimate Member

AEW thoughts:

Darby looked like a star here, great performance. Only critique I have is, he shouldn't lose via submission. It doesn't fit his character and given that the commentary didn't clarify it much, I'm going with that being a ref stoppage instead, which fits far better.

But otherwise, really good match. If AEW introduces a midcard title, Darby had better be the first champ.

Riho is so over, I love it. I want to like Dr. Britt, but something's just, missing with her right now. Bea would probably be a better opponent for Riho right now.

Mox vs. Pac should end in a draw/no contest. Either they just brawl, or Kenny interferes, or time limit, something. Neither guy needs to lose right now.

Do you guys think NWA powerrr has staying power or do you think the format is a novelty that will wear off??

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    If you guys haven't heard the news already is that Bushiroad, the current parent company of NJPW acquired Joshi Promotion Wonder Ring STARDOM. Mind you both companies will be separated and would not do joint crossovers since STARDOM content will not appear NJPW World and it will remain on their own streaming service.
    As talented as the ladies are NJPW has too damn many titles already. They should send one of those titles to stardom and have it be the belt for stardoms men’s division.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    Do you guys think NWA powerrr has staying power or do you think the format is a novelty that will wear off??
    With the world going to streaming etc it can have staying power if Corgan keeps with it. The only deal is costs wise what Corgan is doing with it. Is he getting help for costs from airing the studio show and filming there ? When TNA was filming at Impact Zone they were given a great deal to keep costs low and were able to keep that audience coming in from the the theme park. Is the studio giving Corgan a good deal to film weeks of TV ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    AEW thoughts:

Darby looked like a star here, great performance. Only critique I have is, he shouldn't lose via submission. It doesn't fit his character and given that the commentary didn't clarify it much, I'm going with that being a ref stoppage instead, which fits far better.

But otherwise, really good match. If AEW introduces a midcard title, Darby had better be the first champ.

Riho is so over, I love it. I want to like Dr. Britt, but something's just, missing with her right now. Bea would probably be a better opponent for Riho right now.

Mox vs. Pac should end in a draw/no contest. Either they just brawl, or Kenny interferes, or time limit, something. Neither guy needs to lose right now.
    No one should be above tapping. The guy had his hands tied so there was no escape. Tappings makes sense given he had no way out.

I though think long term it needs to get on TV at some point. I wouldn't think airing on Youtube makes them that much money. Filming from a studio doesn't cost much money, but it's also not generating much of a gate. I imagine they're saving a lot of money because of their format, but they're likewise probably not generating a lot of money.

But I don't think the novelty will necessarily wear off to a huge degree. I think there's a legit audience out there for a shorter show will a more old school believable format, as opposed to the more sports entertainment or the flippy indy stuff. It's reasonably well booked, easily digestible for the format, and has descent talent (though little actual star power). Based purely on the product, I think there's room even in this congested market, to serve their particular niche. I'm just iffy whether or not their present business model is sustainable if they can't get on TV somewhere.

Power doesn't have three r. That's just the styling on the logo.

I don't think it will wear off being back to basics is the whole appeal of the program. It refreshing to see short competitive matches and everyone on a given episode get promo time to get themselves over.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    No one should be above tapping. The guy had his hands tied so there was no escape. Tappings makes sense given he had no way out.
    I'd partially disagree if that if you're a SUPER TOP baby face like a Hogan or an Austin or a Cena in their absolute prime, you probably should be protected from tapping. But other than that yeah... submission should be a valid way of winning a match. If submission loses made people look bad then people shouldn't be using submission finishes. A submission loss in theory should be no worse than getting KOed by a finishing move. It's just another way to beat their opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I though think long term it needs to get on TV at some point. I wouldn't think airing on Youtube makes them that much money. Filming from a studio doesn't cost much money, but it's also not generating much of a gate. I imagine they're saving a lot of money because of their format, but they're likewise probably not generating a lot of money.
    Drawing a gate isn't the point of studio wrestling. Studio wrestling is developed for a television audience with the live crowd being dressing. It's like when a sitcom is record in front of a live studio audience.