Page 568 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 684685185585645655665675685695705715725786186681068 ... LastLast
Results 8,506 to 8,520 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It's still a lame payoff to Becky's year-long feud with Charlotte. All this talk about building her up, and Charlotte just wins in the end anyway, and it HAD to be Charlotte in WWE's minds.

Also it doesn't help the perception that she gets special treatment either. Also logically the feud shouldn't be over since Becky's character logically would not accept this.

Also Becky's entire dual reign as champion was booked rather poorly in-general.
    Becky won't accept this... Lacey cost her the belt, and I'm sure Becky will make Lacey pay for it. I don't think Charlotte is really the problem here, since she just took advantage of an opportunity. That's why she went after Lacey after the match. I think the point was to separate the belts and segway into the Bayley/Charlotte feud on Smackdown and Becky/Lacey feud on RAW. It got the job done, with the right people walking away with the belts. Though I'll admit, I wish Becky held both belts a little longer too. But I get why they felt the need to split them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Becky won't accept this... Lacey cost her the belt, and I'm sure Becky will make Lacey pay for it. I don't think Charlotte is really the problem here, since she just took advantage of an opportunity. That's why she went after Lacey after the match. I think the point was to separate the belts and segway into the Bayley/Charlotte feud on Smackdown and Becky/Lacey feud on RAW. It got the job done, with the right people walking away with the belts. Though I'll admit, I wish Becky held both belts a little longer too. But I get why they felt the need to split them.
    Becky has been obsessed with proving she's better than Charlotte. She's not going to just accept Charlotte winning and then walking away. The Lacey excuse doesn't work here.

And splitting the belt's isn't a problem, how weakly they booked Becky's dual reign, and them having her lose to freaking Charlotte, THOSE are the problems.

-She won the SDL title by basically being opportunistic.

-She deliberately got DQ'ed at SSD.

-Her only truly decisive win over Charlotte was at Evolution.

-She tapped clean to Asuka and again was more opportunistic in winning the RR.

-She failed to get herself added into the Mania match, failed to shake the Authority (Ronda had to do that), apologized and cow-towed to Trips and Steph even though it didn't fit her character at all.

-Backdoored her way into Mania via Ronda bailing her out at Fastlane.

-They wouldn't let her win the Mania match decisively either, it was that stupid roll-up thing.

-She hasn't beaten Charlotte ONCE during this time with her finisher.

-She had a month long reign as dual champion where she didn't get to defend both belts successfully once.

-She spent most weeks on the losing end of physical confrontations, including the go-home show.

-She looked like an idiot here for falling for such an obvious trap.

-Etc.

As soon as she got super-over, "typical WWE booking" kicked in and they started messing it up. As for Charlotte, IDK why WWE cannot just let her take a break from the title picture for awhile? It'd be the best thing for her and EVERY other woman has to do it at one point or another, but not her. But they've basically guaranteed that she's getting yet another title feud now, immediately after another one.

This is is why people are getting tired of her, and much like Roman or Brock, it's not really their fault. It's WWE's obsession with cramming them down people's throats endlessly. Again it just shows to people that once again Charlotte is the be all end all. Asuka loses ONE match, and she's out of the title picture completely and apparently totally cool with it (which doesn't fit her character). Charlotte loses constantly for nine months+ and yet keeps getting title shots. Yet once she finally beats Becky, then WWE goes "oh NOW the feud's over." AND it doesn't help the complaints about the SDL title being hot-shotting constantly when you have FOUR champions in the span of two months, none of them with really memorable title reigns.

Given how they've booked Asuka and Becky losing to Charlotte, don't hold your breath for Bayley getting a long reign either. Charlotte is still their be all end all, tonight proved it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The heat is on Lacey. There is no need to go to Charlotte vs Becky in the near future.I could see Bayley and Becky teaming tonight to fight Charlotte and Lacey, but that's it.

I am just happy for Bayley. She deserves to be shown as a serious champ.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    The heat is on Lacey. There is no need to go to Charlotte vs Becky in the near future.I could see Bayley and Becky teaming tonight to fight Charlotte and Lacey, but that's it.

I am just happy for Bayley. She deserves to be shown as a serious champ.
    Yeah, because of the whole wild card thing I'm sure we'll see a tag match on either RAW or Smackdown. That pretty much books itself.

And yes, I think it's a cool moment for Bayley. Money in the Bank and the Smackdown title in one night is pretty darn cool. Plus, without Becky and Charlotte as a heel this is her opportunity to carry the brand. So she's being given the ball.

Ultimate Member

They had Bayley take the pin by the freaking IIconics at Mania, that wasn't good either. And if you end up being right about Bayley in the end, then I'll be happy.

However:

-I gave WWE the benefit of the doubt when Asuka won the RR and went into Mania. that maybe Vince was changing how he booked Asian talent, same with Nakamura on the men's side as well.

-I gave them the benefit of the doubt when Becky seemingly won this feud at Evolution.

-I gave them the benefit of the doubt when Asuka won the belt and then beat Becky clean at the RR that this was FINALLY going to do something for her.

-I gave them the benefit of the doubt when Becky won the RR that WWE wouldn't screw up a sure thing like this.

-I gave them the benefit of the doubt when Sasha & Bayley won the tag titles and were teasing defending them on all of the brands and showing up in NXT that something cool would come of it.

-I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they'd at least let Becky decisively beat Ronda at Mania.

-I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they wouldn't be stupid enough to have Becky lose the blowoff match of this feud after all of this.

-Etc.

And in NONE of those cases was my faith in them rewarded in the end. Sorry, but I only have so much faith to give. It's like if you're kicked in the junk over and over and over again by the same person, eventually you come to expect it whenever you see them and take precautions. Well that's basically where I'm at with WWE at this point.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This is a massive downer. In Ashley Massaro affidavit includes a story about how she was drugged and raped by a US military officer in a tour of Kuwait and Vince encouraging her to keep the incident quiet to not hurt the company's image and relationship with the military

https://twitter.com/ChrisBrosnahan/s...492198912?s=20

Ultimate Member

They had Becky lose to a big boot, a freaking big boot, THAT'S how this all ends, really WWE really? When's the last time that Charlotte beat anyone with that move? And it was botched on top of it.

As soon as that happened, whatever small amount of faith in them that I had left over from Evolution, or the RR, or Mania, was gone completely.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This is a massive downer. In Ashley Massaro affidavit includes a story about how she was drugged and raped by a US military officer in a tour of Kuwait and Vince encouraging her to keep the incident quiet to not hurt the company's image and relationship with the military

there are no words. none at all to describe it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    there are no words. none at all to describe it.
    Disgusting. False patriotism and pure greed, if this is true.

Sadly I'm not the least bit shocked or surprised if this is indeed true.

Extraordinary Member

Well, if anyone is actually gonna tune in, The Beast will kick off RAW

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I stopped watching Raw long ago.
    There was a time for years where I'd watch , do Reviews and all. Before the CBR reboot I'd watch most months and do a RAW Review. But its been years since I steady tuned in because the announcers to the product was just boring to describe. The last time I did was where Rollins ran the gauntlet on RAW and what he received for that and all was to not get a huge push like he should have 2+ years ago. (I disagreed with that Wrestlemania of Lesnar/Reigns after what we saw)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

They're teasing that Brock is gonna cash in sometime tonight, as apparently both Seth and Kofi have matches tonight

EDIT:

Seth and Kofi are tagging against Lashley and Corbin
    Last edited by Jcogginsa; 05-20-2019 at 05:24 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Lucha House Party rushed Lars as he was in an interview.

They got beaten up again

So I guess the same people will use the wild card spots every week. Oh well on to the playoffs.