Page 910 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 4108108609009069079089099109119129139149209601010 ... LastLast
Results 13,636 to 13,650 of 19298
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I enjoy Regal as GM. He only shows up when absolutely necessary and he doesn't actually have to be onscreen to have a presence. Regal shows up it actually enhances what goes on without taking it over. Regal is standard I hold for a authority figure in modern wrestling.
    i will second this. not only do they book him proper but bill had enough cred as a legend that anything he says or does has a ton of weight behind it.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Just to add how awful a commentator Excalibur is, JR said that the commentators weren't suppose to know who Blade and Butcher were.
    https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/1200533661990445058

I take it that Excalibur screw up here. If the idea is that we weren't suppose to know who they were when they made their debut then it will make more sense. Someone needs to tell Excalibur that AEW isn't PWG. He needs to tell a story with his commentary.
    Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Get off the man's back already.
    It sounds like Excalibur got excited and forgot clearly. It happens , announcers make mistakes. He's a good young announcer for AEW. I'm sure backstage he was told how he was supposed to act like Tony and J.R. But he got into what he saw clearly.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Jim Ross: complains that nobody knows anything about Dark Order, says we aren't supposed to know anything about Butcher and Blade.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i will second this. not only do they book him proper but bill had enough cred as a legend that anything he says or does has a ton of weight behind it.
    And that's why I think Ross would be perfect for that position in AEW.

The Excalibur thing doesn't surprise me. AEW true weakness is storytelling. They just throw things out there and sees what sticks.

I think Cody knows what he is doing. You look at Cody's programs. His fight with his brother had a history behind it. MJF is his best bud, who betrays him. He takes away his ability to go for championship, so he doesn't appear to be dominating the show.

The Bucks,Omega, Page, and so on are just having matches.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    And that's why I think Ross would be perfect for that position in AEW.

The Excalibur thing doesn't surprise me. AEW true weakness is storytelling. They just throw things out there and sees what sticks.

I think Cody knows what he is doing. You look at Cody's programs. His fight with his brother had a history behind it. MJF is his best bud, who betrays him. He takes away his ability to go for championship, so he doesn't appear to be dominating the show.

The Bucks,Omega, Page, and so on are just having matches.
    Yeah, I think the Cody stuff is the only stuff are the only angles which I think have really GOOD storytelling (Jericho being a somewhat distant second). THe rest of the stuff is average to poor storytelling with solid to good matches. Not that there aren't a lot of fun stuff, but the bigger picture isn't conveyed very well a lot of the time.

AEW is sort of this shivo product. It's a weird mix of good old school storytelling mixed with random indy stuff and everything in between. I'm wondering if they don't need some bookings to sort of oversea the whole thing in order to create a more consistant product. It really sometimes feels like it's 2 different wrestling shows all rammed together. WCW Nitro back in the day had a lot of very different styles going on, but it seemed to blend together better than what we're seeing in AEW IMO.

Not that I'm completely burying AEW or anything... it's a very fun show. But you can tell it's brand new and still working some of the kinks out.
    Last edited by XPac; 12-02-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Extraordinary Member

So Charlotte has a handicap Match with the Kabuki Warriors.

That bodes ill

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So Charlotte has a handicap Match with the Kabuki Warriors.

That bodes ill
    Honestly I doubt she will win. Or at least I doubt she will win in any sort of decisive manner. If the end game is to build towards some sort of match with Becky/Charlotte vs the Kabuki Warriors there's no point in having Charlotte single handedly beat both. If she can do that, Becky doesn't need to be there.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I doubt she will win. Or at least I doubt she will win in any sort of decisive manner. If the end game is to build towards some sort of match with Becky/Charlotte vs the Kabuki Warriors there's no point in having Charlotte single handedly beat both. If she can do that, Becky doesn't need to be there.
    My worry is more that it will be competitive

Anyway, Genre Savvy KO is genre Savvy

Astonishing Member

Lana....... Lord Have Mercy!!!

Ultimate Member

The women's handicap match was quite good. All three women are really good, so when the layout is competent, they can do great work. Also I'm glad that Kairi got the pin, it was her turn to get a nice win.

My worry is more that it will be competitive

Anyway, Genre Savvy KO is genre Savvy
    I'd say they got the balance just right. The Kabuki Warriors dominated the match and got the win, but Charlotte came off looking strong in a losing effort.

I'm sort of confused if Charlotte is a face now. Her and Orton seemed to stealthilly been creeping towards the light side in recent weeks.

Astonishing Member

So it seems like Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura are a tag team now
    Shinsaro or Cesuke
    Last edited by steve2275; 12-03-2019 at 01:41 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I want to get back into wrestling fandom, but I am absolutely done with the WWE and its NXT subsidiary. I never want to put another penny in Vinnie Mac's pocket. Any suggestions on who to follow?
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I want to get back into wrestling fandom, but I am absolutely done with the WWE and its NXT subsidiary. I never want to put another penny in Vinnie Mac's pocket. Any suggestions on who to follow?
    https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/stat...33417542152196
    or
    IMPACT! Wrestling Sneak Peek | Dec. 3rd on AXS TV
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbqNjeCAr_s
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    TNT is doing wrestling shows again?? Damn, that feels nostalgic.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."