Page 571 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 714715215615675685695705715725735745755816216711071 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,565 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    So no AJ in AEW?
    He would have let his contract expire in April if he was AEW bound. AJ is well protected in WWE. He has no reason to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    So no AJ in AEW?
    I genuinely believe WWE will be his last full time or even part time contract.

But I'll wager when he retires from the WWE (if he doens't get some sort of job with them after retirment), he'd be willing to do a one shot in AEW or anywhere else for that matter if there's enough zeros on the check. Most retired wrestlers can be lured out of retirement for a shot here or there.

Still, WWE is clearly taking good care of AJ. So I'm glad he's happy with them.

Ultimate Member

AJ has said that he has thought about becoming a trainer once he retires from the ring. So I wouldn't be surprised if they offer him a job backstage or at the PC once he hangs up his ring boots for good.

Anyway:

Truth and Carmella were hilarious as usual and the 24/7 Title is already one of the more entertaining things on the show. I'm still waiting for Carmella to surprise Truth and take the title from him at some point.

Dolph vs. Kofi, sure that sounds like a cool-enough feud.

Ali vs. Andrade was cool.

The Women's Tag Match just made me realize once again that a proper Becky vs. Bayley feud could be really cool, come on WWE make it happen.

They NEED to cut back on Shane's screentime a bit. I like Shane, but it's getting excessive at this point.

Etc.

All in all, not a bad show.

Kofi vs Ziggler got a huge yawn from me. Ziggler and Kofi had multiple matches over the midcard titles. This is one of those match ups I got burned out on.

Is Ziggler on Smackdown now, or is it the wild card thing?

Astonishing Member

mustafa ali vs andrade almas 822 833
    it be r-matruthea i sense shenanagins with mandy rose vs carmella match 841 843
    https://twitter.com/stevo2275/status...85442789494784
    oct 15 2015 part 3
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazuchika_Okada https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A.J._Styles
    Last edited by steve2275; 05-22-2019 at 05:05 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

Also The New Day referencing the media stuff was fun as well. Like mentioning Big E lusting after Becky's mom, or the complaints by some that Kofi needs to "get more serious" now that he's WWE champion, etc.

Astonishing Member

Shane as a top villain (esp. as in an in-ring capacity) is too unbelievable.

Can't a WWE Superstar challenge R-Truth in a like a regular match for the 24/7 title? As noted, Carmella dyed her hair back to her "evil heel" color so she could turn on Truth for the title at some point.

People chasing after R-Truth backstage is going to get silly at some point, he needs to also defend it in a normal match. (Where the stipulation should be if he defends it in a match that night, it's safe until the end of the show)

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

AJ is actually treated like a Superstar so he's good. However retiring from WWE doesn't mean retiring from wrestling. The Dudley's 'retired' and yet Bully Ray is still causing trouble in RoH. I don't think AJ will say in an interview while employed under WWE that he'll consider looking elsewhere any time soon
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

WWE brought back Ziggler because Kevin Owens refused to work Super Showdown.

Ultimate Member

I'm guessing that Dolph is just a filler feud for Kofi. I'm still betting that he either drops the title to Roman at some point, or they have Brock cash in on him so that Brock can be champion when SDL moves to Fox.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

When is the move to FOX anyway?
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09 View Post
    When is the move to FOX anyway?
    October

Ultimate Member

Reportedly Fox wants SDL to have a more "sports-like" feel to it. So I could imagine them being keen on a former UFC Champion/all-American amateur wrestler in college as the WWE Champion on their brand.

As for the 24/7 title:

The women should get involved in this too. Screw it if it's "too edgy." They need to push the envelope. Women can just be rolled up at worst.

Asuka kicking someone's head off and running around with it for a night showing her eccentric side would be hilarious. Becky is in kind of the same boat. It would be funny if Kairi had a night with it too, tried to hide the belt in a treasure box, and you wonder if she's too cute for anyone to attack. Same thing kind of goes for Bayley.

Alexa, Charlotte, or Lacey could be fun with it too with a holier than thou stance.

And of course with Carmella you could explore something with Truth, though I wouldn't break their partnership up for anything. They're great together. Perfect use for Carmella on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'm guessing that Dolph is just a filler feud for Kofi. I'm still betting that he either drops the title to Roman at some point, or they have Brock cash in on him so that Brock can be champion when SDL moves to Fox.
    They should just give Brock the 24/7 title. They can film a years worth of vinettes of people trying to cash in on him backsstage and sprinkle them throughout the year, which him just showing up for the big shows in person.