Page 773 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2736737237637697707717727737747757767777838238731273 ... LastLast
Results 11,581 to 11,595 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Good debut numbers for the Elite. Just hope they can maintain.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Extraordinary Member

Happy for AEW even if I thought NXT was the better show

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    TNA didn't even do that.
    well, TNA has a mess of problems that they were even in any kind of position to be competition: putting hogan and bischoff in charge of creative, dixie not knowing how to run a wrestling company, bleeding money everywhere, etc.

AEW seems to be taking lessons from that failed "war" and trying not to make the same mistakes.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It costs massive money to go live. Dixie Carter did not have that type of money once Panda and her father cut that off. The real reason TNA went into the money pit was at one point Dixie lost $20+ million in 4-5 months of doing live TV and that was filming 2 shows at every location. Live TV costs money to do , Tony Khan is the son of a billionaire so he can write the checks and do this.

Hogan/Bischoff being in charge of creative wasn't good. But the decision to go live is what led to her going into deep money issues.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It costs massive money to go live. Dixie Carter did not have that type of money once Panda and her father cut that off. The real reason TNA went into the money pit was at one point Dixie lost $20+ million in 4-5 months of doing live TV and that was filming 2 shows at every location. Live TV costs money to do , Tony Khan is the son of a billionaire so he can write the checks and do this.

Hogan/Bischoff being in charge of creative wasn't good. But the decision to go live is what led to her going into deep money issues.
    Honestly I thought the appeal of live TV is overrated.

I can understand wanting to do that in a head to head competition, like the Monday Night Wars and like what we're getting now on Wednesday. But if you're not in that situation, I'm not sure a show going live matters. Most fans probably can't even tell the difference.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    well, TNA has a mess of problems that they were even in any kind of position to be competition: putting hogan and bischoff in charge of creative, dixie not knowing how to run a wrestling company, bleeding money everywhere, etc.

AEW seems to be taking lessons from that failed "war" and trying not to make the same mistakes.
    I hope so. Meaning I hope Cody will be able to check his ego and step away from the stoplight when the time comes.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

TNT is handling the production so Tony likely isn't spending his money to get AEW to air live.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpac
    Honestly I thought the appeal of live TV is overrated.

I can understand wanting to do that in a head to head competition, like the Monday Night Wars and like what we're getting now on Wednesday. But if you're not in that situation, I'm not sure a show going live matters. Most fans probably can't even tell the difference.
    Live is desirable for FOMO purposes. Fans can tell the difference between live and taped. When Smackdown was taped you know how many people noticed the piped chants, and obviously edit sequences in matches? With taped shows spoilers are a thing and I often checked them just to see if the show was worth watching.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    TNT is handling the production so Tony likely isn't spending his money to get AEW to air live.
    When Vince had to be pushed to go live he asked USA Network for help as well to help foot the costs. It still was pretty bleak then. Jim Ross discussed that in mid 1997 they basically had to start cost cutting. Vince and the crew started taking cheaper flights to arrive a day or two early and stay in a motel because it was cheaper , guys wasn't flown in if they wouldn't be used , etc . All in an effort to cut as much costs then to make it through that time.

A year later when things GOT HOT as we saw , those days slowly ended.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

TNT’s ‘All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite xfinity on demand from now on for me
    not going to wait 23 hours to see NXT
    My 120 pounds, 5'1" sister took down a near 300 pound man high on crank that none of the other officers would touch. She is a 1st degree black belt in kyokushin karate and competed in the K-1 katas.
    It's all about technique sometimes.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyokushin
    Last edited by steve2275; 10-04-2019 at 01:35 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Happy for AEW even if I thought NXT was the better show
    In terms of the in-ring product, I'd say NXT was the better show. Thought they were both good.

It's pretty a standard heel stable formula ... heavy to protect the talent, a tag team for fodder, and a spot monkey to eat the pins.

Why is it random?

My 120 pounds, 5'1" sister took down a near 300 pound man high on crank that none of the other officers would touch. She is a 1st degree black belt in kyokushin karate and competed in the K-1 katas.

It's all about technique sometimes.
    A 40+ wannabe rockstar, and early 20s hipster type, 2 NY rican gangsters and a yuppie/possible racist mma fighter. Just hard to buy as a real crew imo.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    A 40+ wannabe rockstar, and early 20s hipster type, 2 NY rican gangsters and a yuppie/possible racist mma fighter. Just hard to buy as a real crew imo.
    That's my problem with it too. None of those guys are compatible with each other outside of Jericho and Swagger.

Ultimate Member

The matches in NXT, aside from the women's title match, were better overall. But the storytelling was better in AEW and it was just more fun to watch imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The matches in NXT, aside from the women's title match, were better overall. But the storytelling was better in AEW and it was just more fun to watch imo.
    NXT has this cloud looming over it because you know when somebody reaches the top they’re almost doomed to get called up to the main roster aka shitsville.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In terms of the in-ring product, I'd say NXT was the better show. Thought they were both good.
    After catching both, I agree. The matches were better on NXT. However, AEW felt bigger. Nothing new or shocking really happened on NXT (other than a few unsurprising returns), AEW still had that newness feel and everything on it seemed big.