Page 325 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335375425825 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

The only time it really would have meant something in defeating Lesnar is if it were unexpected. It hardly means anything when it's an expectation. ...An extremely long foreseen expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Brock could afford more than one clean loss. Should have lost clean to Strowman and Roman.
    Brock can afford the loss. I think it issue is simply that they want his loses rare, so that when it does happen it means more. The ONLY people capable of beating Brock are guys on the level of a Taker or a Cena or a Triple H or a Goldberg. And even then in RECENT years despite losing to them Brock overall came out on top in the feud. So Brock has credibility to the point where if you beat him, it's a big deal because almost no one else can do it.

As for Strowman... if we're talking Crown Jewel, considering that Braun was injured and needing surgery, beating Brock just to go on the shelf afterwards probably would have been a waste. If we're talking the Rumble... I think the emphasis by that point shifted from making Braun the face of the RAW to Seth, and frankly I think that's the right call. And I also think that opportunity going to Finn helped jump start his push in the WWE a bit even in a losing effort, so for me at least removing Braun to help Seth and Balor was worth it. Hurt Braun a little.. but overall I'd say the good out weights the bad there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Brock can afford the loss. I think it issue is simply that they want his loses rare, so that when it does happen it means more. The ONLY people capable of beating Brock are guys on the level of a Taker or a Cena or a Triple H or a Goldberg. And even then in RECENT years despite losing to them Brock overall came out on top in the feud. So Brock has credibility to the point where if you beat him, it's a big deal because almost no one else can do it.
    Brock Lesnar has been the best booked and most dominant WWE Superstar in the past 5 years.

Ended Taker's Wrestlemania streak, manhandled/squashed Cena, defeated Goldberg, became the longest reigning WWE (Universal) Champion in modern day history, defeated the WWE Champion on two separate occasions, and became a 2x Universal Champion.

The first match after being defeated by Reigns, Lesnar became Universal Champion. Heck, the first rematch after being defeated by Goldberg, Lesnar became Universal Champion.

Defeating Lesnar has little to no value when he continues to dominate when he returns.

On paper, beating Lesnar is a huge accomplishment but, in "reality", it hardly puts a dent in his dominant booking.

As for Strowman... if we're talking Crown Jewel, considering that Braun was injured and needing surgery, beating Brock just to go on the shelf afterwards probably would have been a waste. If we're talking the Rumble... I think the emphasis by that point shifted from making Braun the face of the RAW to Seth, and frankly I think that's the right call. And I also think that opportunity going to Finn helped jump start his push in the WWE a bit even in a losing effort, so for me at least removing Braun to help Seth and Balor was worth it. Hurt Braun a little.. but overall I'd say the good out weights the bad there.
    As for No Mercy? When Strowman's popularity and dominance was at its peak? When he took Lesnar out for the majority of the match and after the match at SummerSlam? When he stood up immediately after being suplexed on a Raw?

I'm not sure how losing to Lesnar helped Balor's push when he would've been where he is now with or without the Universal Championship match.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Braun got injured in the build up for TLC and it was a minor injury. He was out for a month. They could have given him the belt.

Losing to Brock didn't jump start anything for Finn. I don't see the feud with Lashley as a major push. Lashley has been looking weak for the last couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Braun got injured in the build up for TLC and it was a minor injury. He was out for a month. They could have given him the belt.

Losing to Brock didn't jump start anything for Finn. I don't see the feud with Lashley as a major push. Lashley has been looking weak for the last couple of weeks.
    Giving the belt to an injured wrestler who is about to go on the shelf really doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

And I think a feud with Lashley for the IC title is a big step up for a guy who has been somewhat floundering for awhile. I'm glad he's in the title hunt. Granted part of me wishes he had beaten Brock, but they are saving that for Seth, which I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Brock Lesnar has been the best booked and most dominant WWE Superstar in the past 5 years.

Ended Taker's Wrestlemania streak, manhandled/squashed Cena, defeated Goldberg, became the longest reigning WWE (Universal) Champion in modern day history, defeated the WWE Champion on two separate occasions, and became a 2x Universal Champion.

The first match after being defeated by Reigns, Lesnar became Universal Champion. Heck, the first rematch after being defeated by Goldberg, Lesnar became Universal Champion.

Defeating Lesnar has little to no value when he continues to dominate when he returns.

On paper, beating Lesnar is a huge accomplishment but, in "reality", it hardly puts a dent in his dominant booking.

As for No Mercy? When Strowman's popularity and dominance was at its peak? When he took Lesnar out for the majority of the match and after the match at SummerSlam? When he stood up immediately after being suplexed on a Raw?

I'm not sure how losing to Lesnar helped Balor's push when he would've been where he is now with or without the Universal Championship match.
    Goldberg was pretty much a transitional champ. He wasn't going to stick around while Brock was, so yes beating Brock didn't mean much for Goldberg but it didn't need to mean much.

Roman is a different case. I don't think the original plan was for Brock to immediately regain the belt after Roman beat him, but Roman had to take time off. So yes, that win didn't amount to much but there were circumstances beyond anyones control there. Again Roman like Gildberg immediately was out of the picture so they couldn't do anything with the win.

Presumably Seth will be different because he's not going anywhere after Wrestlemania. Hopefully at least.

Astonishing Member

Goldberg was pretty much a transitional champ. He wasn't going to stick around while Brock was, so yes beating Brock didn't mean much for Goldberg but it didn't need to mean much.

Roman is a different case. I don't think the original plan was for Brock to immediately regain the belt after Roman beat him, but Roman had to take time off. So yes, that win didn't amount to much but there were circumstances beyond anyones control there. Again Roman like Gildberg immediately was out of the picture so they couldn't do anything with the win.

Presumably Seth will be different because he's not going anywhere after Wrestlemania. Hopefully at least.
    It was actually a huge moment for Goldberg beating Lesnar because that was his first loss since defeating the Undertaker. It was meant to be a huge moment. Lesnar agreed to that loss and being humiliated at Royal Rumble so he could beat Goldberg at his peak at Wrestlemania. That entire program was to put Lesnar over.

The rumored perspective of Lesnar beating Strowman at Crown Jewel was for Strowman to look strong even after being attacked by Corbin. The problem is nobody bought it because it looked like a squash match with Lesnar looking dominant.

Now Rollins is rumored to have a back injury and won't be appearing at live events and might not make it to next week's Raw. That's the risk of being the workhorse.

Giving the belt to an injured wrestler who is about to go on the shelf really doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

And I think a feud with Lashley for the IC title is a big step up for a guy who has been somewhat floundering for awhile. I'm glad he's in the title hunt. Granted part of me wishes he had beaten Brock, but they are saving that for Seth, which I understand.
    Then what would be the excuse for not giving Strowman the championship at No Mercy?

Going from potentially beating the most dominant WWE Superstar for the Universal Champonship to ending your singles pay-per-view streak by tapping out for the first time was a horrible outcome for Balor. That match actually did more harm to Balor than anything.

BANNED

WWE have confirmed Dean vs Nia is happening at a live event

http://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-adver...-at-live-event

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    It was actually a huge moment for Goldberg beating Lesnar because that was his first loss since defeating the Undertaker. It was meant to be a huge moment. Lesnar agreed to that loss and being humiliated at Royal Rumble so he could beat Goldberg at his peak at Wrestlemania. That entire program was to put Lesnar over.

The rumored perspective of Lesnar beating Strowman at Crown Jewel was for Strowman to look strong even after being attacked by Corbin. The problem is nobody bought it because it looked like a squash match with Lesnar looking dominant.

Now Rollins is rumored to have a back injury and won't be appearing at live events and might not make it to next week's Raw. That's the risk of being the workhorse.

Then what would be the excuse for not giving Strowman the championship at No Mercy?

Going from potentially beating the most dominant WWE Superstar for the Universal Champonship to ending your singles pay-per-view streak by tapping out for the first time was a horrible outcome for Balor. That match actually did more harm to Balor than anything.
    Goldberg has already beaten Brock. So beating him again doesn't mean much. More than anything his run was just to give the Goldberg character a proper send off, or at least trying to since his exit from wrestling in WCW and WWE the first time weren't exactly memorable. Goldberg got his win, and Lesnar got it back, and then Goldberg was gone. So yes, they didn't do much with it because it was such a short program then he was gone.

And yes, Crown Jewel was a squash match of sorts. Braun was injured and couldn't have a real match. Plus to be honest Brock isn't the safest guy to have a match with when you're injured, especially if you're as big as Braun. They did what they could do to get through the match and not stink up the joint in the process.

But you make a good point about Rollins. If he's injured we might have another Daniel Bryan situation. Fingers crossed he's okay because IF he ends up on the shelf then again the win over Brock won't mean much because again the person who got the win won't be around.

As far as the excusing of why Braun didn't beat Brock, quite simply I think it's because the plan was for Roman to beat Brock. Had Braun been 100% after Roman left the scene MAYBE things would be different... or maybe they might decide to push Rollins over Braun anyways (which IMO is the better choice regardless). But either way, Braun wasn't in a position to carry the ball immediately after Roman had to give it up.

We'll have to agree to disagree about Balor. I think he got a high profile PPV match, and is now in the IC title hunt. To me it's an improvement for a guy who frankly has been floundering for awhile.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

The Brock match did nothing to harm Finn. He literally had Brock on the ropes and only lost because Brock is still a massive physical freak of nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    The Brock match did nothing to harm Finn. He literally had Brock on the ropes and only lost because Brock is still a massive physical freak of nature.
    Losing to Brock doesn't really hurt anyone, for the simple reason that ALMOST everyone loses to Brock.

The thing the bigger accomplishment is if you can pull a solid competetive match out of Brock, which Finn did.

Astonishing Member

Losing to Brock doesn't really hurt anyone, for the simple reason that ALMOST everyone loses to Brock.

The thing the bigger accomplishment is if you can pull a solid competetive match out of Brock, which Finn did.
    There is no shame in losing to Brock. Losing multiple times to Brock when you built as the Monster Among Men just kills you. Braun beating Brock then being to injured to compete afterwards just puts over how tough it is beat Brock.

There is no shame in losing to Brock. Losing multiple times to Brock when you built as the Monster Among Men just kills you. Braun beating Brock then being to injured to compete afterwards just puts over how tough it is beat Brock.
    Who knows, if Brock wasn't the Universal champion MAYBE they might have done that. But again, as it stands not giving the universal title to an injured wrestler who is about to go on the shelf is a perfectly reasoanble booking decision.

Astonishing Member

Who knows, if Brock wasn't the Universal champion MAYBE they might have done that. But again, as it stands not giving the universal title to an injured wrestler who is about to go on the shelf is a perfectly reasoanble booking decision.
    I would agree, if the current champ actually wrestled more than 4 or 5 times a year. If Vince is okay with a champ that only wrested once every 3 months, why pretend like Braun being down for a month would be a deal breaker.

I would agree, if the current champ actually wrestled more than 4 or 5 times a year. If Vince is okay with a champ that only wrested once every 3 months, why pretend like Braun being down for a month would be a deal breaker.
    Because Braun isn't Brock Lesnar. Or Seth Rollins for that matter.

I believe Vince wants the belt on Brock, because he wants Seth Rollins to beat Brock for the belt at WM. Braun holding the title doesn't fit into that equation. If anything he's an obstacle to that goal that needs to be moved out of the way. After Seth beats Brock for the belt they can potentailly do whatever the heck they want with Brock and Braun (if Brock is still around) because Seth and the Universal title are where they need to be.