Page 326 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336376426826 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Because Braun isn't Brock Lesnar. Or Seth Rollins for that matter.

I believe Vince wants the belt on Brock, because he wants Seth Rollins to beat Brock for the belt at WM. Braun holding the title doesn't fit into that equation. If anything he's an obstacle to that goal that needs to be moved out of the way. After Seth beats Brock for the belt they can potentailly do whatever the heck they want with Brock and Braun (if Brock is still around) because Seth and the Universal title are where they need to be.
    Oh I know Vince is doing what he wants. He always does

I just can't rationalize it. Vince knows he needs stars, or he wouldn't have booked Braun like he did before he fought Brock. He made Braun, who was greener than the Hulk, into a main eventer, and then he for whatever reason cut his momentum for the benefit of somebody who is not going to get any bigger in Brock. Braun could have had a short run, and the belt could have been back on Brock for the Mania run. Vince still gets his mainstream pop with Seth beating the Beast, and now has Strowman waiting in the wings with all of his momentum that Vince had invested in.

I am guy who believes that Vince gets more right than wrong but the booking of Brock and Braun just looks like he was second guessing himself to detriment of his assets.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post

I just can't rationalize it. Vince knows he needs stars, or he wouldn't have booked Braun like he did before he fought Brock. He made Braun, who was greener than the Hulk, into a main eventer, and then he for whatever reason cut his momentum for the benefit of somebody who is not going to get any bigger in Brock. Braun could have had a short run, and the belt could have been back on Brock for the Mania run. Vince still gets his mainstream pop with Seth beating the Beast, and now has Strowman waiting in the wings with all of his momentum that Vince had invested in.

I am guy who believes that Vince gets more right than wrong but the booking of Brock and Braun just looks like he was second guessing himself to detriment of his assets.
    I think it's pretty darn easy to rationalize prioritizing Seth to become the face of RAW once Roman is out of the picture, because Seth has been the work horse for the brand and arguably RAW's mvp for the better part of the year. Braun can be an attraction, but Seth is obviously the superior performer in the ring and even on the mic (not that Seth is great but he's better than Braun).

Yes, you can hot potato the belt and and forth to Brock so that everyone gets a turn, but that waters down Seth's accomplishment of beating Brock. Beating Brock is a RARE thing. And until they're ready to have him drop the belt to Seth they simply want to keep it that way.

As far as Braun, even if he won the belt he'd have to drop it and get surgery. Any momentum he gets would be wasted, and that comes at the expense of watering down Lesnar. A healthy Braun might be worth that (or he might not) but an injured Braun definately isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    surprised me too. he just said he was tempted to go, simply to just shut off his brain for once and let someone else do the creating for him.
    That's a reason Dusty Rhodes has called his wwf run, his favourite time in wrestling

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post

Vince only needs one star. That's been his mindset for a long time. There will always be one WWE Superstar above everybody else. Brock Lesnar has filled that role for 5 years and Vince tried to pass it to Reigns but, due to unforeseen circumstances, Lesnar is back in that role.

Vince pushes the stars but the crowds are the ones who make the stars. Strowman became over because he was manhandling Reigns, a WWE Superstar the majority of the WWE Universe didn't like. Reigns was always going to come out on top of that feud which he did at Elimination Chamber. The problem is Vince wanted Reigns and ONLY Reigns to go down that road and become the WWE Superstar to defeat Lesnar. Strowman just happened to be a giant bump in that road.

Astonishing Member

Here's the written out interview from Omega that master of read summarized.

“I felt like I needed to go to a place where I could do more, and Japan will always be a home to me and I’m always going to be back... Japan is still going to have a place in my heart, a place in my life but AEW, for me, or even WWE, kinda seemed like the next step. [With] potential dream matches and all that, and sort of using the new platform, not necessarily a better one, or a bigger one or whatever. I just wanted a new platform to reach new people, to use my voice and my unique way of telling stories and all of that. I wanted just to change the stage that I had been performing on.

I looked at all of the options, and one of the options that I almost went with was to actually stay full time with New Japan. Stay full time with New Japan but kind of be an under talent for AEW. I, again, like I said, my heart was really in Japan and I do look at that place as a home. A lot of those guys it’s hard to say goodbye to something that you’ve given everything to. I gave a lot of my time and my health to DDT but in a very different way. Even though it was a shorter period of time, I gave more of my soul to New Japan. To feel like you’re walking away from that was really difficult and I didn’t want to do it, and I wanted to give [NJPW President] Harold [Meij] a chance. I wanted to see how the presidency and the new regime would handle the company. In the end, for various reasons, it just wasn’t the best option. It was actually the worst option.

Whether it be a time investment, or financial reasons, or creative reasons, there were better of those in the other two options available to me. For my main company to - I don’t want to say ‘not see the value in me,’ or that I didn’t feel valued - it wasn’t that. They certainly did [ value me]. I guess the best way to put it is that, the other two companies were more excited to have me. So WWE’s offer was fantastic, as [Meltzer] reported. And a lot of people just know, it’s common knowledge, but they went about it in a very professional, courteous way and those guys are nothing but constant professionals in the way they dealt with me. But at the end of the day, AEW presented something that was - they just couldn’t be beat. I’m with my best friends in the business, I have a little bit of control in the creative, which is always, of course, very important. And I really feel like it’s the true platform for me to sort of have my voice be heard and I always like challenges. And I like the prospect of this being a blundering failure.

[WWE] is absolutely not a risk. Part of me was like, do I maybe want to shut my brain off? Have people write for me? Tell me what to do? It sounds kinda cool, actually. In New Japan, I would get creative and I’d try to think of - okay, I’ve been handed a basket full of lemons, how do I turn this in to lemonade? So I stay up late at night, I lose sleep, maybe I get physically ill or something because I’m trying to think of a way to tell the story that I know can be told from something that I know maybe didn’t have a lot of thought put in on their creative end. Mentally, I was very tired by the time Tokyo Dome rolled around, as much as I was physically. It was almost like there are two opposite ends of the spectrum, it’s like, do I have people that want me and want to use me to the best of my potential, but they kinda wanna dictate what I do? There’s nothing wrong with that. Or, do they kind of want Kenny Omega unleashed in AEW?...Both are still appealing. I can’t deny WWE has a ton of dream matches with guys that I would love to work with, and guys that are my friends. But just AEW is, like, I love the potential of being able to work with all of these incredible, unique talents from every corner of the globe essentially.”
    His contract is also for 4 years with AEW and gives him crossover potential with different types of media.
    Last edited by Angelo2113; 02-09-2019 at 10:15 PM.

Astonishing Member

r o h tv 2 9 19 center stage atlanta
    villain enterprises victory over some jobbers I spose
    "the national treasure" nick aldis defends the nwa world title next against "the darewolf" p j black
    lifeblood arrives
    Last edited by steve2275; 02-10-2019 at 01:33 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Here's the written out interview from Omega that master of read summarized.

His contract is also for 4 years with AEW and gives him crossover potential with different types of media.
    Wow, it actuallysounds like he really considered going to the WWE . Honestly I though his mind was pretty much made up day one and he was just pretending he was considering it for the sake of drama.

impact has been good lately, good show from mexico city friday. so i wonder how AAA partnership with AEW effects whatever kind of deal impact has with AAA??

Astonishing Member

Wow, it actuallysounds like he really considered going to the WWE . Honestly I though his mind was pretty much made up day one and he was just pretending he was considering it for the sake of drama.
    I didn't expect him to say that he considered WWE as much as he does in here either. He was very respectful about them as well so he's leaving that bridge open too. I'm sure Triple H will be more than happy to work with him in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    impact has been good lately, good show from mexico city friday. so i wonder how AAA partnership with AEW effects whatever kind of deal impact has with AAA??
    This was from an article a day ago...

"PWInsider is reporting as of right now the AEW-AAA partnership will not have any immediate effect on AAA's partnership with Impact. The report states Impact knew about AAA partnering up with AEW days in advance, and as of right now, there's no differences with how AAA will work with Impact."
    Last edited by Angelo2113; 02-10-2019 at 12:35 PM.

I didn't expect him to say that he considered WWE as much as he does in here either. He was very respectful about them as well so he's leaving that bridge open too. I'm sure Triple H will be more than happy to work with him in the future.

PWInsider is reporting as of right now the AEW-AAA partnership will not have any immediate effect on AAA's partnership with Impact. The report states Impact knew about AAA partnering up with AEW days in advance, and as of right now, there's no differences with how AAA will work with Impact.
    History has shown it's almost impossible to truelly burn a bridge with the WWE. The fact that Jarret is showing up on RAW proves that as much as anything (let along Bret, Brumo, Warrior, etc).

I'm sure Omega will stick with his buddies as long as possible, but I have a tough time imagining him never working under the WWE banner before he retires.

Astonishing Member

History has shown it's almost impossible to truelly burn a bridge with the WWE. The fact that Jarret is showing up on RAW proves that as much as anything (let along Bret, Brumo, Warrior, etc).

I'm sure Omega will stick with his buddies as long as possible, but I have a tough time imagining him never working under the WWE banner before he retires.
    That's true. A lot of bridges have come back with wrestlers, especially ones you mentioned, that it was difficult to think would actually happen. I'm just waiting for Punk's bridge to come back. Probably one of, if not, the biggest reactions WWE will get. But, as they say, "never say never."

That's true. A lot of bridges have come back with wrestlers, especially ones you mentioned, that it was difficult to think would actually happen. I'm just waiting for Punk's bridge to come back. Probably one of, if not, the biggest reactions WWE will get. But, as they say, "never say never."
    Even if he never wrestlers again for the WWE, I'd like to think down the line if the WWE offered him a Hall of Fame Induction (which he deserves) he would accept. But who know. I'd like to see it, for closure if nothing else.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Angelo2113;4190387]Vince only needs one star. That's been his mindset for a long time. There will always be one WWE Superstar above everybody else. Brock Lesnar has filled that role for 5 years and Vince tried to pass it to Reigns but, due to unforeseen circumstances, Lesnar is back in that role.

Vince pushes the stars but the crowds are the ones who make the stars. Strowman became over because he was manhandling Reigns, a WWE Superstar the majority of the WWE Universe didn't like. Reigns was always going to come out on top of that feud which he did at Elimination Chamber. The problem is Vince wanted Reigns and ONLY Reigns to go down that road and become the WWE Superstar to defeat Lesnar. Strowman just happened to be a giant bump in that road.[/Quote

Being the top guy and the champ are two different things.Especially in an organization that has two different promotions/shows.

Braun having the title for a little bit just adds credibility to him, when you need to feed him to another star.

Vince started a Braun push, a very hard Braun push, and just sabotaged it.

Brock lost to Goldberg in less than minute. Brock wasn't destroyed by this.They wanted to recreate that Goldberg mystique.

Goldberg wasn't their future. Best case scenario, he would been another part time attraction like Undertaker.

Does Seth beating Brock make him bigger than Styles or Bryan. I kind of doubt it. It will be a nice and we'll deserved moment for Seth but unless there is something big plan afterwards, he will just be a placeholder til Roman gets back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by huthaifa View Post
    being the top guy and the champ are two different things. especially in an organization that has two different promotions/shows. Braun having the title for a little bit just adds credibility to him, when you need to feed him to another star. Vince started a braun push, a very hard braun push, and just sabotaged it.
    They are two different things but when you're pushing the top guy as the champion then it's difficult to put anybody over besides that one WWE Superstar (Reigns) who is meant to beat him. Strowman should have beaten Lesnar for the Universal Championship at No Mercy. Hands down. They could easily have given the Universal Championship back to Lesnar at the Royal Rumble since Kane was in the match and it would've protected Strowman. The problem is that wasn't the story Vince wanted for Reigns. He wanted Lesnar to go undefeated and be at his absolute peak when Reigns defeated him.

Similar to...
    Brock lost to goldberg in less than minute. Brock wasn't destroyed by this. they wanted to recreate that goldberg mystique. Goldberg wasn't their future. Best case scenario, he would been another part time attraction like undertaker.
    They, Lesnar specifically, wanted to recreate Goldberg's mystique so he would be at his peak when Lesnar eventually defeated him. (No different than Lesnar and Reigns.) Goldberg was only meant to come back that one night but Lesnar prolonged that program.

The problem with Strowman was that he became unexpectedly over with the WWE Universe and Vince had no intention of him being either the top guy or the champion. The funniest thing about that? Reigns beating Strowman for the Universal Championship at Wrestlemania/SummerSlam would have been much more significant. Reigns was being manhandled and losing to Strowman for the better part of 2017. To finally get that win over Strowman would have meant much more than beating Lesnar.

Does seth beating brock make him bigger than styles or bryan. I kind of doubt it. It will be a nice and we'll deserved moment for seth but unless there is something big plan afterwards, he will just be a placeholder til roman gets back.
    It does when you take into consideration that Lesnar beat both Styles and Bryan when they were WWE Champions. Beating Lesnar should instantly make Rollins the highest WWE Superstar in the pecking order. The problem I have with that, like you mentioned, is how they use Rollins after this. Will he be a placeholder for Reigns or Lesnar when they return or is Vince going to invest in him the same way he invested in Reigns and Lesnar?

I enjoy Seth Rollins but they need to bring back his attitude and desire from 2015. Arguably, at the time, there was nobody who wanted that top spot more than Rollins. On his latest(?) interview with Edge and Christian, he admitted, through ways, to pushing himself in the Royal Rumble match with Cena and Lesnar (which established him as a potential main event talent) and kept pushing for him to cash in the Wrestlemania match with Reigns and Lesnar (which established himself as a main event talent.) I don't want Lesnar/Reigns II but with Rollins filling in the Reigns role. Have Rollins Burn Suplex City down! Show us that he can take anything Lesnar dishes and be the absolute best in that squared circle. There's so much huge potential to make Rollins the top guy and the champion going forward. It just depends if Vince wants to actually do it.
    Last edited by Angelo2113; 02-10-2019 at 02:13 PM.

Astonishing Member

Even if he never wrestlers again for the WWE, I'd like to think down the line if the WWE offered him a Hall of Fame Induction (which he deserves) he would accept. But who know. I'd like to see it, for closure if nothing else.
    Going from his UFC appearances, he looks to be in the best shape of his life. I guess the question is whether he'd feel comfortable wrestling at that weight. Either way, I'd give it within the next 3 - 5 years for him making a come back in the ring a very strong possibility. But, as you mentioned, a Hall of Fame induction would be great to see and certainly well deserved